Author Topic: [unsolved] Is there a way to change the format in which dates are stored?  (Read 1547 times)

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
Hello, I just started using MusicBee and I haven't been able to find a way to change the format in which dates (TDRC) are stored. I have my files' TDRC tag in the format YYYY-MM-DD, however, after editing the metadata with MusicBee, it changes the format to MM/DD/YY. I read in another thread that this happens because MusicBee is using the PC's date format. Is there any way to set how the date format is stored in MusicBee without having to change your PC's date format?

Also, is there any way to prevent MusicBee from creating TDAT and TYER tags every time I edit a file that does not contain them? I have MusicBee set to save tags as ID3v2.4 and I have unchecked the option to "also save ID3v1 tags" but it still creates them. I think it's good that MusicBee creates these ID3v2.3 tags to ensure compatibility but it would be great if there was a way to disable the creation of these two ID3v2.3 tags when I have selected to save tags as ID3v2.4 in MusicBee's settings.
Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:35:59 AM by Jorge24
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!