Author Topic: MusicBee crashing when opening (caused by MusicBee Remote by Kelsos)  (Read 2109 times)

cjh6gc

I'll try to provide as much information as possible, since I'm not sure what is relevant. Let me know if I've missed something.

Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit
MusicBee 2.4.5404
MusicBee Remote plugin 0.9.8

I have my music library located on my OneDrive; all of the music is locally on my desktop. Because my Surface Pro 3 has limited storage, I wanted to use MusicBee on that by accessing my music library on OneDrive. I'd been meaning to do it for a while, but I finally got MusicBee installed on the Surface. When I did so, it didn't detect everything correctly. None of my preferences carried over, and the music would not play either. This was even after checking the "enable OneDrive compatibility" for MusicBee in Windows. Anyway, that's not my real problem, I wasn't sure if it would even work anyway if two computers were trying to access the same library and settings files.

What this did, however, was mess up the library (and other) files on my desktop because OneDrive synched the bad files from my tablet. Fortunately, I perform daily backups for my desktop, and I just restored all of the library and settings files (but not all of the other files--those were unchanged). After doing that, I started up MusicBee and got an error related to the MusicBee Remote plugin, and MusicBee was forced to close. I uninstalled the plugin and MusicBee opened fine. I downloaded the plugin again and reinstalled it but the errors came back. I tried this one more time to be certain of the result. Before this, I had been using the MusicBee Remote for months on my desktop without incident.

Has anyone else encountered an error when starting MusicBee with the remote plugin installed? Or have any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks.

The three error logs:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1F21FC8A498A88AC!33955&authkey=!APblV7okWaslSrY&ithint=folder%2c
This should be a public link to the 3 logs on OneDrive. Let me know if you can't see them.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
First, I would suggest updating to MusicBee 2.5 from the Latest Update forum.  It could be that the plugin version and MB version are mismatched.

If that doesn't help, you'll need to make this report on the plugin's thread in that section of the forum.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)