Author Topic: Move Library  (Read 12937 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How are you bringing it up?  You should definitely be able to just remap the root folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

kidjedi

How are you bringing it up?  You should definitely be able to just remap the root folder.

When I open MB, if I go straight to File > Library > Remap Music Folders the a dialog box pops up and lists every single folder in my root music folder (apparently requesting me to remap every single artist folder).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm, strange.  It picks the root folder for me.  Are you using the latest patch?  If not, I suggest grabbing that from my signature and give it another try.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

How are you bringing it up?  You should definitely be able to just remap the root folder.

When I open MB, if I go straight to File > Library > Remap Music Folders the a dialog box pops up and lists every single folder in my root music folder (apparently requesting me to remap every single artist folder).

It's a confusing interface.  Those are directories that have already been individually remapped.  They're the same left and right, correct?  The ones I originally did when I switched to MusicBee are still there in mine.  Both sides show the correct mapping.

Those can be cleared out or left there (provided they are, indeed, the same on either side).

Just do a line of OLDDRIVE:\OLDBASEPATH -> NEWDRIVE:\NEWBASEPATH and run it and you should be fine.

I had worries at first that it was dynamically remapping all the time.  But it's not.  Once it's remapped it's remapped.  You can verify by looking at the paths listed for a few of the files after the remap.

kidjedi

It's a confusing interface.  Those are directories that have already been individually remapped.  They're the same left and right, correct?

Nope.  Hundreds of directories on the left. All blank on the right.

kidjedi

It's a confusing interface.  Those are directories that have already been individually remapped.  They're the same left and right, correct?

Nope.  Hundreds of directories on the left. All blank on the right.

So I have NO idea what just happened, but suddenly, "remap" is now bringing up only one path on the left and one path on the right.  I was able to correct the file paths and everything is working now (after months of frustration).

It should be noted that I did move my MB file from one place to another and back, so perhaps this updated/changed something automatically in a file structure somewhere.

I do find it incredibly frustrating that MB portable will automatically change lots of filepaths/structures if you move the program itself (instead of leaving the structures as you had them set, or at least allowing for a setting within MB that allows you to set the root).