Author Topic: Send To Outlook 2013  (Read 1974 times)

WannaBee

I am looking for the path-switch to add to MusicBee Preferences>Tools>External Application with which to attach a music file to an Outlook 2013 message when I invoke the "Send To" function. If this is indeed possible, is it also possible to attach and send more than one file at a time?

Among the ones I have already tried:  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE/mailto

Thank you.
Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:16:59 AM by WannaBee

Zak

• Global Moderator
This works for me:

/c ipm.note /m "[email protected]&subject=Email subject&body=Hi, I've attached a copy of <title> by <artist>" /a "<URL>"

is it also possible to attach and send more than one file at a time?
Nope. For that, you'd need to write something like a VBS script to parse the <URLS> parameter and attach them one at a time.
There's a decent example here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/61a72f18-8efc-4f2c-af22-97a66b9c6c8a/how-to-programmatically-attach-a-file-through-the-attach-outlook-command-line-switch?forum=outlook
Bee excellent to each other...

WannaBee

Thank you, Zak. Outlook flags me that the command line argument is not valid, and that I need to change the switch. I must be putting the command and switches in the wrong boxes in MB? What goes where i.e in the Application Path and Parameters, respectively?

[EDIT]
OK, I've got it working, thank you ZAK.  :D
Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:49:54 PM by WannaBee