Author Topic: Output Sound Device  (Read 3672 times)

Chimo_92

Hi all. Recently I have had a problem with choosing my sound device in the preferences menu. I choose the optical output from my sound card to be able to listen the music on my stereo but the sound will only come out of my headset. I can only remedy this by making the optical output the default device on windows then opening music bee. At this point I can change the windows device and music bee will keep playing music through my optical cable.

Does anyone have any insight to this? Thank you.

Leroy Bad

What happens when you unplug the headset?

Chimo_92

The sound out the headset stops. Still nothing comes through my speakers.

Leroy Bad

I'm not sure about your specific setup. But here is how I'd configure my system for the same objective. First I'm on a PC, so in Windows 7 under sound properties I'd go into the properties of my digital optical output, and look under the advanced tab, and make sure all the boxes are checked under Exclusive Mode.
Then in MusicBee Preferences/Player, I'd make sure the output is set to WASAPI, and the sound device is set to the digital optical output.

And that's it. I currently am playing Rhodes Ahead Vol.2 by Marc Cary from MusicBee to my stereo system.