Author Topic: MusicBee can manage also streaming URLs to Deezer / Spotify etc. ?  (Read 13094 times)

Rachmaninoff

Beyond my MP3 files stored on my PC I am also using Deezer for music streaming and to discover new music.
Deezer itself can provide specific URLs for each song to make Deezer playlists or to share those music files with friends etc.

Is there any possibility to embed those URLs into the MusicBee library ?
So I would be able to combine my own MP3 music with the streaming music from the Web
- to bring them together in mixed playlists
- to tag also the URL files with additional information (genre, composer etc.) which I can't do in Deezer
- to rate also the Deezer songs etc.

The combination of both worlds (stored music and streamed music) in one single audio player like MB would be very interesting, and I am sure that there is a solution in place which I am not aware of.

Thx, Rachmaninoff

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
you could try embedding the URL in an ASX file (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7770.0)

MB can already use them for re-direction of local duplicate files, so maybe they will work for streaming files.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Rachmaninoff

Thx Bee-liever for your thread.
I guess I didn't get all discussed details around the ASX stuff, but nevertheless in the meanwhile I created an empty ASX-file from a duplicated music file. I can edit it and tag it, and put in a URL address from a Deezer track in "Properties / origin website" - then save.

When I try to play it, MB has to think 3-5 seconds about it and then ... nothing happened.
So I think, there is something MB tries to do, but it doesn't work at the end - perhaps I get it wrong, or the URLs are not feasible.

But if somebody wants to give it a try ... - the URLs should work without any Premium account for Deezer or Spotify.

https://play.spotify.com/track/1h8v7w3v6hOkvLbbK4BUzE

http://www.deezer.com/track/953784?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=track-953784&utm_term=630356031_1426836438&utm_medium=web

Bee-liever

for Spotify:
Code
<asx version="3.0">
  <param name="encoding" value="utf-8" />
  <title>MusicBee redirection file</title>
  <entry>
    <ref href="https://play.spotify.com/track/1h8v7w3v6hOkvLbbK4BUzE" />
    <title>Bump In The Road</title>
    <author>Jonny Lang</author>
    <param name = "WM/AlbumTitle" value = "Turn Around" />
    <param name = "Length" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Bitrate" value = "0" />
    <param name = "IsVBR" value = "0" />
    <param name = "FileSize" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Sample Rate" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Channels" value = "-1" />
    <param name = "Added" value = "2015-03-20 08:32:13" />
    <param name = "Timestamp" value = "2015-03-20 08:35:26" />
  </entry>
</asx>

for Deezer:
Code
<asx version="3.0">
  <param name="encoding" value="utf-8" />
  <title>MusicBee redirection file</title>
  <entry>
    <ref href="http://www.deezer.com/track/953784?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=track-953784&utm_term=630356031_1426836438&utm_medium=web" />
    <title>Bump In The Road</title>
    <author>Jonny Lang</author>
    <param name = "WM/AlbumTitle" value = "Turn Around" />
    <param name = "Length" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Bitrate" value = "0" />
    <param name = "IsVBR" value = "0" />
    <param name = "FileSize" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Sample Rate" value = "0" />
    <param name = "Channels" value = "-1" />
    <param name = "Added" value = "0001-01-01 12:00:00" />
    <param name = "Timestamp" value = "2015-03-20 08:41:13" />
  </entry>
</asx>

I was able to get a message that the stream was not responding and to try again later.
You have to be logged into Spotify or Deezer to play the full track, and as I haven't signed up to either of them, I couldn't test if just logging in to the site with your normal browser, will let MB play the tracks.

BTW...
just copy/paste those samples into any text editor (like Notepad) and save them as an .asx file.
You can then import them into MB to test them out.
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:03:19 AM by Bee-liever

Bee-liever

I was able to get the Deezer 30 second preview to work using:
http://preview-c.deezer.com/stream/c8e1476630442d238a1628978586d3a5-4.mp3

Could your links be to the web page - not the actual streams?
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:05:48 AM by Bee-liever

Rachmaninoff

I tried it with your 30 second preview and it works for me, too - of course it is limited quality and not the complete song.

So the question might be, how to get the correct URL to stream the whole song.
When I press within Deezer the button for "Copy Deezer URL" for a specific song, I get the address provided in my previous posts - apparently this is not feasible to combine it with the ASX file - it must be another URL.

Can I ask you how did you get the preview URL ?

Bee-liever

Can I ask you how did you get the preview URL ?

PM sent

Rachmaninoff

Thx for that.
It nearly works, but the music I received is corrupted and with less quality - but I will try it further on.
Nevertheless even with perfect results I conclude all in all that this procedure to play URL streams via Musicbee ASX files seems to be very cumbersome and complex - I would have thought that there are easier solutions like "Copy & Paste" etc in place - especially for users like me without big IT background.

I am wondering, why there are those massive technical restrictions - there must be thousands of music listeners which are using both worlds (music streaming + MP3 on PC). The question how to manage both worlds the best way cannot only be answered by using 2 different players with separated libraries, playlists, tags etc.

Perhaps I am too naive, but maybe there are some juristical issues to consider - which I don't see currently. I paid for my mp3 files and I paid monthly for the streaming - so I paid for the music and not for the platform to use for listening. My impression is, that exactly this unique platform for managing both doesn't exist - and if so, this would be a great feature for MB as well.

Interesting discussion, by the way ...

Bee-liever

I signed up to a free Deezer account to get the link but unfortunately, a little digging into their API terms and conditions found this:

The Developer recognizes that the Content are protected by Digital Rights Managements (DRM), set up by DEEZER, in order to prevent or limit, depending on the technology offered, the unauthorized use of the Content.

I don't think wish-listing integration of Deezer would help. The Radio/Smart Radio side of things has full access for all users but 'Music on Demand' is only available to Premium+ subscribers.

I guess the answer is "yes" MB can manage streaming URLs, but only if no DRM or other access restrictions are in place on the streams.

Rachmaninoff

Hi Bee-liever,

I have a premium+ account for Deezer - and of course I can't expect that all developers and experts from MB have the same permissions to test all possible solutions.
But if I understand you correctly, you are assuming that with my Deezer premium account I normally should be able to receive streaming URLs to embed them into MusicBee AXS files - the question really is, how do I get this URL information without big workarounds or without using "dubious software"?

If there is no easy way in place - perhaps this might have good reasons.
If there are any other MB fans, which uses like me beyond their MP3 files a Deezer or a Sonos account in parallel, I really would appreciate your experiences. As you might know, the Sonos Contoller also provide access to Deezer music and playlists via URL- so this information must be "somewhere" on my PC, but obviously I am not professional enough to find it.

Have a nice weekend
Rachmaninoff

Bee-liever

Hey Rachmaninoff,

The 'Premium+ subscribers' thing means that if Steven was to integrate the Deezer API into MB, or someone was to use the API to create a Deezer plugin, than only those subscribers would be able to access the full streams for 'Music on Demand'.  All other users only get 30 second samples.
Also, as part of their API use agreement, all apps and plugins must hide the true unadulterated stream URL and must make sure only the DRM URL can be revealed.  So you can never get the true URL to put into an ASX file.

The only way would be if the plugin (or MB) matched up the obfuscated URL in the ASX with the real stream URL.

Thanks
Bee-liever  :)

Would be interesting to know if MB does this for full Xbox links in an ASX file,  as Xbox Music is already integrated into MB
Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:19:02 AM by Bee-liever