Author Topic: Adding files to playlists and library  (Read 3994 times)

moggyman

Dumb question alert........ :-[

I'm trying to get used to using MusicBee instead of iTunes and I have one small configuration question. In iTunes there is an option to automatically add files I drop in a playlist in to the library as well. Is there a similar option in MB somewhere or do I have to make changes to where I physically store things to bring this about?

Well I did warn you it was a dumb question, so be gentle.

Thanks

redwing

It's not a dumb question at all.

They are separate things: adding a track to a playlist does not add it to the library. There's no settings about it. You will have to add them to library manually or by using commands under File menu.

moggyman

Much appreciated.

I guess it's a bad iTunes habit I'll have to get out of.  Just curious - is there a particular reason why such an option hasn't been made available?

Thanks

redwing

Actually importing playlists used to add the tracks to library, but it changed recently:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13648.msg89752#msg89752
"- importing playlists no longer automatically adds the files from the playlist to the library (the files need to be in the scanned folders)"

But adding tracks manually to playlists has never added them to the library. So the recent change above was to be more consistent.

You can post such request on the wishlist board, if that's important to you.

moggyman

Thanks for that. Unless there's an underlying reason then I would find it quite useful.

Cheers

Zak

• Global Moderator
It's not specifically mentioned but I'd guess it was changed after this thread:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14849.0

In that case, a user (fairly) wondered why tracks outside monitored folders were appearing in the library.
Bee excellent to each other...