Author Topic: Custom tags effect MD5?  (Read 2401 times)

themusicalmind

Hello there,

Been using musicbee for a while now and I've set set up preferences that should make sure MB doesn't touch a file and its hash stays the same. However I've noticed it still changes it. The following is my setup:

And what I do is I edit my own defined custom tags (Edit -> Tab "Tags (2)" -> change any custom tag) and that's it. After this the hash is changed/MB has touched the file, even though it's only supposed to be written in its database.

Am I missing something?

themusicalmind

So basically this has been brought up before but to this date no fix has been implemented (and likely won't be). Well that's a real pity, I even have the "don't modify date" setting checked but I suppose that's not it. Well, thank you redwing!

redwing

Then try with "Set tags" preset of Additional Tagging Tools plugin when you enter the value to the custom tag to see if that works.

themusicalmind

I don't see a "Set Tags" option in my MB and the documentation doesn't mention "Set tags" either: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools

However if I use "Copy tags" it's all good, no change in md5. But sometimes you just have to go through Edit -> Tags (2) and set values by hand there.. in which case the md5 does change.

redwing

As I said, it's one of the presets. Find it from the dialog after running "Advanced search and replace" command.