Author Topic: Bluetooth headphone & hotkeys  (Read 12439 times)

zzh1989829

I got a bluetooth headphone and it can control play next/prev when using Windows Media Player. But I find it can't control MB's behavior of playing.May I ask how to make the Bluetooth headphone control "play next" using MB?
BTW: Is it possible  to assign a function  to many hotkeys? eg play next= SHIFT+F1 =MEDIANEXTTRACK = the key of headphone
thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have any idea what the problem could be - i assume WMP has some special handling but i am just using standard keyboard and multi-media keys.
Can you find any documentation that describes how it sends keys?

zzh1989829

i dont have any idea what the problem could be - i assume WMP has some special handling but i am just using standard keyboard and multi-media keys.
Can you find any documentation that describes how it sends keys?

I use AutoHotKey and find pressing the button of headset didn't send any keys(unlike the multimedia button from my laptop)
What's working is the AVRCP
http://www.bluetooth.com/English/Technology/Works/Pages/AVRCP.aspx
below this site there's a specification of the profile (pdf format)
wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth
Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:43:43 AM by zzh1989829

Steven

• Administrator
i've had an initial look - i think i can do this but its not so straight-forward and i will attempt at a later date. If its important to you it might be a while before i can do it and worth looking at alternatives

zzh1989829

i've had an initial look - i think i can do this but its not so straight-forward and i will attempt at a later date. If its important to you it might be a while before i can do it and worth looking at alternatives
thank you ,at least i can use my keyboard to control.

NAJN

Hi there,

I am using a BT Headset and therefore want to ask if there is any progress making the headset keys work in MB?

Thanks for your answer!
Jan

mikebo

I have stereo system with bluetooth that supports avrcp and it works fine with MusicBee. I can control playback from the stereo and it's remote control. So maybe the problem isn't in musicbee itself.

NAJN

I am using a SonyEricson MW600 which should support AVRCP as well. And so far MS Mediaplayer works fine.
Musicbee does unfortunately not. 

paq

I am using a SonyEricson MW600 which should support AVRCP as well. And so far MS Mediaplayer works fine.
Musicbee does unfortunately not. 

Having a MW600 as well and I can control MusicBee without any problems. Well, I don't get any track info displayed at the headset, but that I can live without.

Maybe it comes down to your bluetooth dongle or which bt drivers you have installed on your computer? When I think about it, I remember downloading bluetooth drivers from http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php to get my MW600 working. Try that and good luck!

NAJN

Thanks a lot for your reply. Thats a really good hint.
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:45:10 PM by NAJN