Author Topic: Installation  (Read 5338 times)

Kblev

Hi all,
Just learned about Music Bee and downloaded it on a win 8 computer in my family room. 50" TV. works great, love the theater view. posters. Hope to start learning more about it and features. ::)
Now the problem.
I have a  HTPC in my basement. 60" TV. Running win 7. It will download, but will not run. Message comes up about .net framework needs version v4.  I've downloaded, uninstalled frameword, reinstalled v4, normal is v4.5 now I think.  So I went to my family computer running the same win 7 and it runs perfectly.
What is the problem with my HTPC?  >:(  Tried earlier versions also with no luck.
I really want this on my basement computer because my main stereo is there and it sounds good!
Thanks for any help, I'm not a computer wiz either. :D
Ken

Kblev

I saw another topic similar to mine on the next page. I opened the firewall to the program, but no luck. ran CCleaner, no luck.  Opened the task manager and when I open it and then open the program the tsk manager reads
".NET framework Initialization error".
Looked it up and maybe a CLR problem. Something about reading language.
I think it's deeper than I can go to fix it.
Any thoughts?

Kblev

I did try the repair tool and it didn't work.
Thanks

Kblev

I've done that also. Even installed earlier versions, but I'm at 4.5 now.  Saw some video that maybe a third party tool for complete uninstall.
Thanks

redwing

At this point I'd consider a clean re-installation of Windows, but it's up to you.

Kblev

That has crossed my mind. :-\
Thanks for the input.

Kblev

Something I'm trying to figure out. My music is tagged very well.
Under "artists" , there is a tag that has three symbols kind of like this...*#@   I guess that represents an artist and there are about ten albums under it. Also they are in the main library also.  I've gone through and checked all the tags a couple times over and can't figure out why they are under this tag. I'll delete them from the library and then rescan after I've made adjustments. Almost like an unknown artist, but I've made sure they are tagged correctly.
Any clues?
Ken

redwing

I'd check those files with Tag Inspector for not only ID3 but APE tags too.

Kblev

Question for anyone,
I control all my music on my main desktop computer. Make all changes there first. When I know all is good, I make the changes on my two HTPCs.
I am not an apple fan, but my wife and kid have iphones and I'm the one who has to run itunes for them. I can go to my htpcs and open itunes and in the upper left hit network and everything is on that computer. so my question is; can you do the same with music bee? Whenever I make any changes or add music I have to go to my htpcs to make the change also. It would be nice if you can just reference the one interface over the entire home network.
Thanks,
Ken

Kblev

Can someone help me. I was playing around with the different drop down menu items. Not from the top left under music bee, but from top right. I was swithcing between different tab options and I selected one of them and the menu drop down disappeared. I have can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
Ken

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you give us a screenshot?  I'm thinking maybe you put the menu in the caption bar, but it's hard to be sure without seeing what you're seeing.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)