Author Topic: Question Regarding Volume Leveling and Replay Gain Tags  (Read 3418 times)

galactica12

Hey guys, I've been looking into this extensively, but I'm unable to find any information regarding MusicBee on my particular question.

Firstly, is there a way to filter my library to show what tracks do actually have replay gain tags on them or have had the volume analysis done on them? And my second question is, is there a way to automatically have replay gain tags written to a file when I add it into my library from the inbox?

Thanks for any help that you guys can offer.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Firstly, is there a way to filter my library to show what tracks do actually have replay gain tags on them or have had the volume analysis done on them?
In the Tools menu, there is a sub-menu with search options to show tracks missing various tagging details. The Wiki says it's called "Files to Edit Filters", which I think should still be correct. One of the sub-menu items is an option to show tracks without volume analysis tags.

And my second question is, is there a way to automatically have replay gain tags written to a file when I add it into my library from the inbox?
Edit > Preferences > Tags (2)

At the bottom of the screen is an option to automatically calculate replay gain tags for new files as they are added to the library. I'm not sure if that happens when the track is added to the Inbox or the Library, but it would be easy to check.
Bee excellent to each other...

galactica12

Oh awesome, that second bit is exactly what I was looking for.

And uh, I remember reading that bit of the wiki multiple times, doesn't it only filter the tracks without volume analysis? I'm looking to see what does have them. I have about 50 or so songs I've done leveling to in the past, as my total songs count lays around 16,750, yet only 16,656 have no volume leveling. I was hoping to clear out those old tags before I applied the volume leveling to my entire library. My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something crucial here!  :P

Zak

• Global Moderator
Ah, sorry I missed the bit where you only want files with gain tags.

An easy way is to add a column in the main track list to show the Track Gain and Album Gain values (I forget what MusicBee calls them exactly). Then you can just sort on that column and any tracks with values will all be listed together.

Another way which might be more useful for a "one-off" check is to do a custom search - Ctrl-F by default I think - and search for files where the Track Gain or Album Gain tag "has a value".
Just noticed MusicBee doesn't allow to search for those fields in the Find dialog box.
Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:46:21 PM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

galactica12