Author Topic: Expanded Panel - Sort order of tracks within an album  (Read 2260 times)

skipsy

Hi All,

I have been a very happy MB user for several years now, thanks to Steven for all the good work.

There's one thing I can't seem to figure out since the Expanded Panel layout came in:  If you expand an album that doesn't have track numbers, the sort order appears to be fairly random and doesn't follow the sort order that has already been assigned for the Track Details view.

I can't see a way to change the sort order specifically for Expanded View (you can choose which fields are displayed but not the sort order) and would like to arrange tracks alphabetically when there are no track numbers.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or should I submit a feature request?

redwing

This bug was fixed a while ago. Update your MB to the latest version:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip (unzip and overwrite to MB program folder)

skipsy

Thanks for your help but it doesn't seem to have worked.  I copied all the files to the MB folder, ran the install and the version number now shows as v2.5.5532

...but the tracks are still in a strange order in Expanded View, and certainly not the same order as in Track Details view.

redwing

I see what you meant now. The fixed bug I mentioned was something different: wrong track got played without track# in expanded panel.
As you said, there seems to be no way to sort tracks alphabetically in expanded panel without track#. You could post this on the wishlist board.

skipsy