Author Topic: Syncronised lyrics  (Read 2671 times)

daniel3

I have some lyrics which aren't synchronised but contain a few brackets. MusicBee now thinks that these lyrics are synchronised and highlights the last sentence of the song. Is there any way to stop MusicBee from using synchronised lyrics and just show the whole text?

Thanks in advance!

redwing

Probably not. But if the brackets don't contain time format like "3:05" in it, I don't think MB would treat it as a timestamp for synchronized lyrics.

ketchupman36

I'd have to have things like "Verse 1" in brackets with synced lyrics but when I do that, MB just ignores the text all together in synced mode.  Is there any work around?

Steven

• Administrator
Thats an oversight. I have made a change that addresses the issue and will post a link later

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:54:14 AM by Steven

ketchupman36

Thats an oversight. I have made a change that addresses the issue and will post a link later

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Thank you for the quick response!

Unfortunately, I replaced the existing files with your patch but it still doesn't seem to work.

Here is a screenshot of what my lyrics look like in editing mode:

Here is what they look like in synced mode:

As you can see, the [Verse 1] text still doesn't show up.

Steven

• Administrator
That will only happen on the first line and not something i am willing to change as it will break something else. You could use "(Verse 1)"

ketchupman36

Ah I didn't think to try a different line--it is definitely working for me now.  Yeah I'd say it's not worth breaking something else so I'll just use parenthesis from now on for the first line.  Thanks for your help!