Author Topic: Custom Tags that Autofill  (Read 3961 times)

Lukevdw

Hi

I noticed that when creating tags in a custom field Musicbee gives you auto fill screen of  the tags that you have entered thus far. However when you close MB and restart it again  auto fill list of values do not appear again. Or it only gives you only  one tag value? Is there anyway you can make your  custom tag field read from a list  of values to populate it faster and easier?

I am trying to create custom tags with multiple values and choices. I want to use the tags to create auto playlist which can help me wit my DJ.  For example if I am looking for tracks that have tribal, island and Balearic vibes I have it on my automated playlist. I use to type all this information in my comment section of a track, and got so excited when I saw the custom tags. But if I have to type out every value every single time  is wont be much different then writing it in the comments

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you running the latest version (2.5 RC2 is available in the Beta forum).  I've seen this happen at times, but lately not having any problems.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Lukevdw

thanks for the reply psychoadept!

Its seems  everywhere I go on the forums there you are ready to help!

I did a fresh intsall today, version 2.5.5491

I did however play around with Picard and the LastfmPlus. Plugin. It might be connected?

I can always try to reinstall MB

From your reply it is safe to say that MB will keep a autofill list of your tags that you have entered even after a restart of MB?

Lukevdw

Ah just noticed the NEW 2.5 Version! Will iinstall and get back to you!

Lukevdw

Lukevdw

Can anyone else maybe help in this please, any suggestions?

redwing

Working fine for me. Can you post screenshots showing how you mapped the field and some example text?

Lukevdw

Thank you so much for trying to help me out!

Here is how I added it to the Custom Tag Def. I tried doing this with other tag codes. But am I right that custom tag codes only use TXXX/NAME?. Should I use another code maybe?

This is my preferences for TAG(1) and TAG (2)

Here I added some tags saving each one after I entered it. See how it is nicely on an autofill list

I closed MB and restarted it. Now it only shows two values. (Usually it is just one)

I hope this helps.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Do you have any files with 'TEST02' and 'TEST03' actually saved in the "test" tag.

If those values are not saved for that tag in at least one file, than the value won't appear as an auto-fill option.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Lukevdw

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Yes I did, When I first noticed the issue I copied a couple of tracks to a separate folder to tag  and save in the hope that MB will "learn" the tags so to speak.

but still no autofill

Up to now I have reinstalled MB to newest version

Ran CCcleaner

Udpated with the patch

Uninstalled Musicbrianz Picard with Revo uninstaller  (thinking of doing the same with Mp3Tag)

To no avail

redwing

Can you post screenshots of Tag Inspector dialog showing the tag values and tag code for the four files (from TEST01 thru TEST04)? If this can be done properly, I don't see any reason it fails to show the list.

Steven

• Administrator
MB only caches tag values for the auto-complete list for files in the library or inbox.
This is to stop rubbish values staying in the auto-fill lists

Lukevdw

@Steven

;D ;D ;DTHANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  ;D ;D ;D

That what I was doing wrong the whole time! And it actually makes so much sense!

I wish you knew how much this is going to help me!

Btw, you really have an amazing product here  :)