Author Topic: Better/consistant file deletion  (Read 3744 times)

allforcarrie

Sometimes when I go to delete files i get a confirmation, sometimes i don't. Sometimes when I delete things they just appear back in my library.
Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:21:42 AM by allforcarrie

Steven

• Administrator
if you are removing tracks from a playlist, you wont be prompted depending on your preference settings (see the confirmations section of the main preferences tab)
if you are deleting a track in the library or inbox, you should always be prompted (unless you hold the SHIFT key down).
You can either delete the link or delete the file.
If you delete the link, the file will not be deleted, which means if you have a folder monitored or manually rescan then the file will be added back into the library if you scan that folder

allforcarrie

if you are deleting a track in the library or inbox, you should always be prompted (unless you hold the SHIFT key down).

Sometimes, they just show up agina after I delete them.

allforcarrie

>:( >:( Most things are adding back in my library after I delete them, its like it indexes my trash can.

Steven

• Administrator
please check your library preferences that you do not have any monitored folders.
Also do you have your library auto-organised in the same preferences screen?

allforcarrie

please check your library preferences that you do not have any monitored folders.
Also do you have your library auto-organised in the same preferences screen?

My  music folder is monitored and auto arranges, i think musicbee detects the "deleted files" and indexes them again.