Author Topic: How To Assign A Genre To An Album  (Read 2878 times)

thebeesknees

Hi,

I only started using MB a few days ago. So I am obviously a newbie at this. I have done a basic search for my question. But no joy.

I am trying to genre tag a whole album. I know how to edit an individual track. But it is obviously quicker to do a whole album in one go.  How though?.

Thanks so much.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can select all the tracks in the album and change the genre tag.  Just beware that this will overwrite other genre tags already in the files.  If you need to add a tag without disrupting others, use the tag inspector.  I can't link right now, but search on the wiki (see my signature).
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:35:04 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

thebeesknees

Thanks for answering.

What do you mean by: "overwrite other genre tags airway in the files".

I have used now the "select all" then "edit" option.

I did a search in the wiki. It comes up with a 100 "genre" options. A tad daunting  :)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think it was meant to be all other genres already in the files.

That is, if you select ten tracks that have different genres, selecting them all and editing their genre will replace any previous values. It sounds like this is what you want to do though and selecting all the tracks and selecting Edit is the way to do it.

The alternative is to open the Tag Inspector - which is an option available from within the Editor window - and then add a new genre tag. This will add your genre tag to the previous values instead of replacing them and would be a less common thing to do.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I meant already - sorry, autocorrect error that I missed.  And to search the wiki for info on tag inspector.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

thebeesknees

Thank you PsychoAdept and Zak for the answers.

Yes basically an album of which I wanted to change the genre tag. "select all" and then edit does the trick.  :)

So far liking MB  ;D