Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253489 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ah, now I understand the behavior of that little icon.  Since I usually have the left sidebar open, it's a bit redundant to me. Would be nice if it disappeared when the left sidebar is showing.
i did consider that but then i imagined some people getting confused and wondering where it had gone or why it does not appear. It does have some use in that you are alerted when a new podcast is downloaded. I might change it though

Perhaps a way to quickly dismiss it until restart would be a less confusing, more universal approach.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jaume

I cannot seem to find the option to customise the 'Displayed Tabs' in the 'Now Playing' section. I would like to set up the page to show the same tabs that appear in 2.5 (e.g. Last.fm, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc.)
In general i am moving MB away from hosting a web browser inside of MB.
Currently its only available in the now playing bar and i was thinking or removing from there as well. I dont want to add it to the "Now Playing" node although i could add a right click context menu, which then opens the wikipedia or other link in your default browser.
Would that work for you?

That sounds like a really convenient way to solve this. Would it then be possible to customise the sites that appear in the context menu?

Steven

• Administrator
Currently its only available in the now playing bar and i was thinking or removing from there as well. I dont want to add it to the "Now Playing" node although i could add a right click context menu, which then opens the wikipedia or other link in your default browser.
Would that work for you?
That sounds like a really convenient way to solve this. Would it then be possible to customise the sites that appear in the context menu?
i am looking at this now. I intend to remove all web browsing functionality from within MB itself and enhance the web browser for those that want pages to be accessible in MB.
The web browser plugin already appears as a node in the left navigator and thats where it would be opened from. It is being enhanced to have 3 predefined favourites (wikipedia, last.fm, youtube) and will also access the custom web links you can define (currently configured in the Playing Tracks panel but i will probably move that configuration somewhere else). The plugin will refresh the link as the song changes eg. if you use <artist> in the custom link, the page will refresh when the playing artist changes.
Alternatively, you will be able to use the right click context menu in the Now Playing panel to open the appropriate web page in your default browser and again you will have access to the 3 prefefined ones and 6 custom links

jaume

Would that work for you?
i am looking at this now. I intend to remove all web browsing functionality from within MB itself and enhance the web browser for those that want pages to be accessible in MB.
The web browser plugin already appears as a node in the left navigator and thats where it would be opened from. It is being enhanced to have 3 predefined favourites (wikipedia, last.fm, youtube) and will also access the custom web links you can define (currently configured in the Playing Tracks panel but i will probably move that configuration somewhere else). The plugin will refresh the link as the song changes eg. if you use <artist> in the custom link, the page will refresh when the playing artist changes.
Alternatively, you will be able to use the right click context menu in the Now Playing panel to open the appropriate web page in your default browser and again you will have access to the 3 prefefined ones and 6 custom links

That sounds fantastic, many thanks for the update on this, Steven

Question: Is the web browser node meant to appear in the same location as Music, Inbox, etc.? I cannot seem to find how to enable it under Layout (1) left sidebar navigation.

Steven

• Administrator
the internal web browser for the Now Playing panel has now been removed from MusicBee itself into a plugin.
For the Now Playing Panel and the Track Information panel, you can now right click/ open the current playing track in your default btowser for Wikipedia/ Last.fm/ YouTube or a custom web link. Custom web links are currently maintained in the "Track Information" panel customisation but i will probably move that to the Preferences/ Internet panel

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

for those of you wanting to keep a web-browser that is within MusicBee, I have enhanced the Web Browser plugin. This plugin shows a "Web Browser" node in the Services section of the left navigator. You can open any of the web links via the favourites button and the page will update as the playing song changes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7e1wmhm81xlk6l0/mb_WebBrowser.zip
unzip into the musicbee plugins folder

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.0.5811 I'm finding two "close window" X marks in the floating Tag Editing window.  I didn't notice this in previous versions, but today I was trying some new skins and there it was.  I then tried the default MB3 skin and it's there also. With the Tag Editing window open, if I click outside of the window, either somewhere in the MB window or on the desktop, the X on the left goes away.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
with the per tab layout settings, the auto-open setting gets overridden if you manually open/close the left or right sidebar...

Thank you very much for changing this.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

v2.x gives a warning when you try to locate the main menu in the caption bar when the tabs are already located there.
v3 doesn't.

hiccup

mini player docked to top or bottom still needs some work.

hiccup

With the column browser, you usually start to select an item in the most left column, then one in the second column, third, etc., and the filtered results will show in the main panel.

When after selecting an item in the third column, and then deciding to go back one step and click on the (already selected) item in the second column, the filtered results in the main panel don't follow that action.

It would be nice if it did.

hiccup

The SearchBoxSplitter that indicates that you can, and where you can drag to resize the search field is currently not displayed in v3.
I would like to see it back, respecting the skin setting.

9ido

The SearchBoxSplitter that indicates that you can, and where you can drag to resize the search field is currently not displayed in v3.
On my setup, the mouse pointer changes into the resize icon on the search field edge, but resizing is not possible, nothing happens when I click and try to drag to resize the item.
Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:14:20 PM by 9ido

hiccup

On my setup, the mouse pointer changes into the resize icon on the search field edge, but resizing is not possible, nothing happens when I click and try to drag to resize the item.

I believe there is a tiny 2 pixel area that shows the cursor. The 'right pixel' won't work, but the left one does?

Alumni

With the column browser, you usually start to select an item in the most left column, then one in the second column, third, etc., and the filtered results will show in the main panel.

Speaking of the column browser, is this a bug?
When I select an artist in the left column no tracks are displayed in the main panel.
In order to get tracks to appear I have to click an entry in the right column.

jaume

for those of you wanting to keep a web-browser that is within MusicBee, I have enhanced the Web Browser plugin. This plugin shows a "Web Browser" node in the Services section of the left navigator. You can open any of the web links via the favourites button and the page will update as the playing song changes

Thanks, Steven.

I have added the 3.0.5811 version with the Browser plugin. However, when opening the Web Browser, there does not seem to be any bookmarks added.