Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248917 times)

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot so i can see the filter, and its the library filters being refered to?

hiccup

can you post a screenshot so i can see the filter, and its the library filters being refered to?

Steven

• Administrator
well thats the same test i did and "Any" stays on restart

hiccup

Not with me.
After a restart it changes to 'All', just as Pingaware experiences.

Steven

• Administrator
ok, its another one of those obscure ones because of the new visual studio compiler. It will be fixed for the next update

Pingaware

Ok, its another one of those obscure ones because of the new visual studio compiler. It will be fixed for the next update.

Brilliant, cheers Steven. I can also confirm that the auto-shutdown appears to be working fine again.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
Playing Tracks panel in right sidebar | go into context menu | pick Set Displayed Fields - not able to remove the # column (Now Playing sequential counter). I think this was fixed and snuck back in.
that is fixed for the next update

Also located in the right sidebar (along with Playing Tracks) is sidebar player, Track Information and Lyrics panels (in that order). I don't show artwork in the Track Information panel so I'm trying to shrink its size to give more room for the other panels.  But it doesn't change size. I can grab the splitter above Lyrics or above sidebar player but neither has any effect on the size of Track Information panel. Is another splitter needed?
i will try to look at this tomorrow

If I go into MB Panels Configuration and select "stack *" for panels in the right sidebar, nothing changes and if I exit and reenter MB the stack checkmarks are gone. Whether I choose "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" or "ticked elements are stacked on top of each other..." I don't see anything changing for this either. What am I missing?  (For instance, I thought I might be able to achieve something like having one panel holding 2 tabs-one for Track Info and the other tab for Lyrics-with one tab visible at a time.)  Is it user error?
based on your settings file you sent, only "Track Info" and "Lyrics" can be stacked and works fine for me using your settings but you need to tick both. If you are trying to do that with "Playing Tracks" then its not possible because there is no element immediately after it that can be stacked. Is that what you were trying to do?

Steven

• Administrator

ankor

v3.0.5810
Playing Tracks panel in right sidebar | go into context menu | pick Set Displayed Fields - not able to remove the # column (Now Playing sequential counter). I think this was fixed and snuck back in.
that is fixed for the next update

yes it is

If I go into MB Panels Configuration and select "stack *" for panels in the right sidebar, nothing changes and if I exit and reenter MB the stack checkmarks are gone. Whether I choose "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" or "ticked elements are stacked on top of each other..." I don't see anything changing for this either. What am I missing?  (For instance, I thought I might be able to achieve something like having one panel holding 2 tabs-one for Track Info and the other tab for Lyrics-with one tab visible at a time.)  Is it user error?
based on your settings file you sent, only "Track Info" and "Lyrics" can be stacked and works fine for me using your settings but you need to tick both. If you are trying to do that with "Playing Tracks" then its not possible because there is no element immediately after it that can be stacked. Is that what you were trying to do?

I didn't realize both had to be checked but it does make sense now. And by doing so yes it works. thanks.

jaume

I cannot seem to find the option to customise the 'Displayed Tabs' in the 'Now Playing' section. I would like to set up the page to show the same tabs that appear in 2.5 (e.g. Last.fm, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc.)

Is this possible in the latest V3 demo?

If not, would it be possible to bring back this setting. It ir really useful to automatically access info on the tracks being played.

By the way, loving the new version, it's a lot faster.

darkred

(using MusicBee 3.0.5810 in win10 x64 build 10586)

I just tried 'Scan folders for new files'
and i'm gettting Errors occured during the file scan - please see the log in the View/Error Log Menu.
The ErrorLog.dat file produced was enormous: 72 MB (I deleted it just before the procedure, to make sure it only contains the new log)
and inside it there was a
Code
System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
for every audio file in my library, i.e. no file was recognized,

For reference my audio files are located in this main folder:
D:\M E T A L\M P 3's  (Albums)\
e.g. in these subfolders:
D:\M E T A L\M P 3's  (Albums)\--- H E A V Y\Dio discography\(1992) Diamonds (The Best Of Dio)
D:\M E T A L\M P 3's  (Albums)\--- T H R A S H\Grip Inc. discography\[1995] - Power of Inner Strength

In v2.5 the procedure completes ok always

Thank you
Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:53:49 PM by darkred

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If I do a search in the search box and then restart MB, the main filter comes up with the custom view I use in the search node.

I'm also seeing this happening between different filters, but I haven't pinned down exactly when.  It's not just restarting MB.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
It's close to impossible to adjust the volume slider in the mini player without accidentally moving the whole player.

Now I understand what hiccup means here!

When you click on the volume arrow in the mini player, the volume adjustment bar is drawn underneath the panel - not on top.
The only way you can access it, is to move the player from on top of it.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
It's close to impossible to adjust the volume slider in the mini player without accidentally moving the whole player.

When you click on the volume arrow in the mini player, the volume adjustment bar is drawn underneath the panel - not on top.
that should have been addressed in the last update

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

that should have been addressed in the last update

version: 3.0.5810.32129
works fine if you don't have "Always on Top" turned on
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together