Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248495 times)

Alumni

what do you mean by "won't let me switch to artist view" eg. is the option greyed out/ not there/ blank screen when chosen ....

When I click the menu item nothing happens, it just ignores my input.

Edit:
Could it be related to an earlier bug from 3.0 where artwork view was unavailable? That was also a Windows 7 problem.
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:07:16 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
anything in the error log at that time?
also, please send me the settings file
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:07:05 AM by Steven

Alumni

anything in the error log at that time?
also, please send me the settings file

Ok, sent to you. Checked the log but no errors there. PS: Did you see my amended post above?
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:36:28 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
redownload the same link - it should be fixed now

Alumni

redownload the same link - it should be fixed now

All good now.
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:46:47 AM by Alumni

hiccup

I recall this was addressed recently, but I notice a scrolling area is displayed again even when there is nothing to scroll:

Steven

• Administrator
the scrollbar background without the slider is the intended behavior for the main panels and the same behavior as v2.5 unless its showing as different colors than expected

hiccup

the scrollbar background without the slider is the intended behavior for the main panels and the same behavior as v2.5 unless its showing as different colors than expected

Ok, my brain must be messing with me.
I would swear the whole scroll bar background did not show at a certain moment in time. I''m probably mistaken then.

Steven

• Administrator
various skinning fixes, bug fixes and support for stacking panels as tabs (set in the panel layout dialog)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

i think its getting near to ready to start the beta cycle which i will start after completing requests by skin developers.
During the beta cycle i will focus more on some of the functional enhancements reuqested.
Feel free to re-raise any issues you have raised in the past on this thread that i may have overlooked.

darkred

i think its getting near to ready to start the beta cycle which i will start after completing requests by skin developers.
During the beta cycle i will focus more on some of the functional enhancements reuqested.
Feel free to re-raise any issues you have raised in the past on this thread that i may have overlooked.
Great!

One thing I just noticed is that,
in main panel|files (provided that you have set it as 'Albums|Album covers' in the dropdown menu)
if an album is not rectangle, then it's aligned to the left. Until now(and in v2.5) it was aligned in the center.
Please check the cover I have highlighter in blue in this screenshot:

Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:12:22 PM by darkred

ankor

MB v3.0.5808
Playing Tracks panel in right sidebar | go into context menu | pick Set Displayed Fields - not able to remove the # column (Now Playing sequential counter). I think this was fixed and snuck back in.

Also located in the right sidebar (along with Playing Tracks) is sidebar player, Track Information and Lyrics panels (in that order). I don't show artwork in the Track Information panel so I'm trying to shrink its size to give more room for the other panels.  But it doesn't change size. I can grab the splitter above Lyrics or above sidebar player but neither has any effect on the size of Track Information panel. Is another splitter needed?

If I go into MB Panels Configuration and select "stack *" for panels in the right sidebar, nothing changes and if I exit and reenter MB the stack checkmarks are gone. Whether I choose "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" or "ticked elements are stacked on top of each other..." I don't see anything changing for this either. What am I missing?  (For instance, I thought I might be able to achieve something like having one panel holding 2 tabs-one for Track Info and the other tab for Lyrics-with one tab visible at a time.)  Is it user error?

Pingaware

Just downloaded this for the first time. Two things I've noticed in my brief tests so far. If you apply hide to one tab, and try to apply hide (auto-open) to another tab, the first tab also becomes hide again. Both tabs are locked (or at least they are in 2.5 - haven't found out how it works in 3 yet!).

The other thing I noticed is a spelling mistake - under the stacking section in the new layout panel, it says "disaplayed" instead of "displayed" for the tabs option.

I return with more testing notes later on I imagine!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm getting this error when I open the right sidebar.  I'm using the buttons in the status bar.  It doesn't open then, but if I push the button again or restart MB, it will open.  If I close the sidebar and restart MB, I get the error again the next time I open it.

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5808.40531 (Win10.0), 26 Nov 2015 22:14:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
   at #=qEmNrVNvveKIYkUAs22lqeg==.#=qgnv0TjsNQI7qQZBb5TvkwaQSzGcYAUYDTbGwAmQvlgs=..ctor(Int32 #=q6vpv4NvdI2Ed$ih4Mk75Kg==, Int32 #=q6Hsxdm6BwzHqRzIM_ZeFbQ==)
   at #=qb3VUsBmFBaTLncLynyybYaBfEO9wQMXYSP5U$$3FYw4s7yzsqstZiH1oXmG09TyY.#=q7DU1Z7UoqRVPWgUVL6Fp_XCj5kgS9u2WXhmvUwzPB_c=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhrdOWU$C$8TDNd5QTfXt$9uZ4GGPF8mcr3g42xa_aDQ=.#=qtwIIcJ_Sgm2fsytiahCOKoQWIQeWX8xhX83O_RVkTDY=(Boolean #=qKslCU5rxkYZSCgeJDD7__Q==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qcJ26biuBs44JW7sJDePazg==(#=qgcPo5BIYQ89M1VRBEhUpK957GTFBl8DKZLNZERt5diU= #=q2mUIU_x8EYmJMLA$I5juZg==, Boolean #=q_af2fb2PsVB6kdL_jrFPeVdxTErP8o9M$LS1P3CqUbc=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qZ7qdOdTN6_mt4_hAiAB4Vh47IAsWz1Wa3W7vGsQ$E1U=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qNZt8VbCaCSgyEBmsAtbMig==.#=qLMwR5WWwuO7pW22vrSOf2g==(MouseEventArgs #=qZq7GAx8qiZY6A6mQ1KlSiA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qzdB1ewEyA2jv219GLtsT2g==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qLeT4FZHlNrENfB$EhXNjwvUxSypVbAAhr8IGgfByAoc=.WndProc(Message& #=qte7qrPSkCEl6GfMu8cNo4g==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qxoszZsliOkgGz_IRibUwHA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I'm getting this error when I open the right sidebar.  I'm using the buttons in the status bar.  It doesn't open then, but if I push the button again or restart MB, it will open.  If I close the sidebar and restart MB, I get the error again the next time I open it.
would you mind sending me your settings file

edit:
nevermind - i am trying now and can reproduce and its fixed for the next update
Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:24:13 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Also located in the right sidebar (along with Playing Tracks) is sidebar player, Track Information and Lyrics panels (in that order). I don't show artwork in the Track Information panel so I'm trying to shrink its size to give more room for the other panels.  But it doesn't change size. I can grab the splitter above Lyrics or above sidebar player but neither has any effect on the size of Track Information panel. Is another splitter needed?

If I go into MB Panels Configuration and select "stack *" for panels in the right sidebar, nothing changes and if I exit and reenter MB the stack checkmarks are gone. Whether I choose "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" or "ticked elements are stacked on top of each other..." I don't see anything changing for this either. What am I missing?  (For instance, I thought I might be able to achieve something like having one panel holding 2 tabs-one for Track Info and the other tab for Lyrics-with one tab visible at a time.)  Is it user error?
i would need your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)