Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1247208 times)

ChristopherE

Thanks for that. Yes I was referring to the bar that displays at the bottom.  I rather liked the artist picture where it was. Maybe an option to put it back?

Steven

• Administrator
hopefully this version will address the blue windows header bar corrupting the skinned musicbee bar. It also addresses some issues when loading bitmap skins with high-DPI screens

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

hiccup

I get some small corruption on the most right.

I know you had lots of difficulties with the border in Windows 10, so ignore this if it is related to those problems, but is it intentional that the buttons and search field are flush to the top of the screen, without even the smallest horizontal separating line?

ChristopherE

Thanks for the quick fixes.

On another point is there anyway that it can be made possible to play xbox music that has been downloaded into the collection via 'groove'. At the moment it comes up with a WMA licence error. I have an xbox pass and everything works for streaming. Musicbee lists songs downloaded into the collection but can't play them.

Alumni

Today I received an error message in the status bar which said "unable to access" referring to my currently open library filter.
Every time I restart the application I see the same message, although it doesn't seem to have any effect that I've noticed.
The only thing I did differently than usual was to change my view to artist mode.

According to the error log:

24-Nov-15 12:42:22 PM - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5803.40656 - System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qdGMf4jYv95EVDmVhZsMRDA==(MethodInvoker #=qirVJYzspGvfEZZEWemJdAg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qY7Ep6O9VqUxlhbVRjXd_bPfx8Dta8Fgxs74gYdcVz9c=._Lambda$__1()

~~~

On the subject of artist pictures, there is a problem with the way MusicBee caches images from the local "thumbs" folder. I have custom thumbnails for nearly every artist in my library, but only a few of them are being replicated to the cache - the rest are being downloaded from the web, replacing my own.

To test this I emptied the cache and restarted the app while in album artist view, and what I noticed is that only artists at the top of the list (beginning with letters A and B) were successfully loaded from my custom thumbs, all entries following that were missing. I also suspect that the "ignore words when sorting" option is interfering with the process - while that option was activated none of the pictures that contained a prefix in its name could load.
Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:31:03 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
Today I received an error message in the status bar which said "unable to access" referring to my currently open library filter.
unfortunately the error doesnt help. Is it just the one filter or any filter? If its the one filter can you send it to me, Its in the Filters sub-folder of the AppData folder

Alumni

unfortunately the error doesnt help. Is it just the one filter or any filter? If its the one filter can you send it to me, Its in the Filters sub-folder of the AppData folder

This might sound strange but I'm now pretty certain it is related to the other bug I reported about artist pictures. This screenshot was taken immediately after deleting the artistthumb internalcache and restarting MusicBee. Whichever filter I had open when restarting the app gave me the same error message in the status bar, and it also meant that the artist pictures would not load at all in that filter.

Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:33:58 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
update to fix some skin issues and also fix a bug with caching of your custom artist pictures

could the discussion on preferences be split into another topic? Its a little bit overwhelming at this stage for me to consider.
Also it might be useful to have in the split topic any improvements to wording eg. the Move Library, and auto-organise being two obvious ones

hiccup

could the discussion on preferences be split into another topic? Its a little bit overwhelming at this stage for me to consider.
Also it might be useful to have in the split topic any improvements to wording eg. the Move Library, and auto-organise being two obvious ones

Done:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16921.0

Alumni

update to fix some skin issues and also fix a bug with caching of your custom artist pictures

I just gave this update a try, repeating the same steps as before.
Sad to say the result is the same, except I get a pop-up error message;

MusicBee v3.0.5806.38852 (Win10.0), 25 Nov 2015 8:05:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at #=qF1kDvxvC4WOurYOt7YpBOG587Jwqs_TUlV4Y0bXZSpI=.#=qVAlaWbzUpCCxWwA$gqYX8Q==.#=qtQspg0fyjOMfL70PX4WbcWD0Ns8gVbZ$H7V9Nc6q_xo=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qA$B$NIywZ8FGKA$04ipPmb4l8JXhoOkfRJy0B8T4jOc=.#=qCPV2zEREUYcp67krE06qHwPQwwanV_Zt31x1Df28kx4=.#=qVAl1FqA1rFDvVdajwGy_SfR62dV0M6$EgznQkQNDFW8=.#=q5SHV0xSsKBloB0kbxRdsrHRUNZJHJt_eDne3HPdxI3Y=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qA$B$NIywZ8FGKA$04ipPmb4l8JXhoOkfRJy0B8T4jOc=.#=qCPV2zEREUYcp67krE06qHwPQwwanV_Zt31x1Df28kx4=.#=qWLxInt4_s5ygD9MdhNw9BQ==(#=qVwSRvnDJ$AGBfjEbOVIkYVg2QPDL_OsrLq0wwU9MXfI= #=qwEcwJptgxapnJmuXnFbfEg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qA$B$NIywZ8FGKA$04ipPmb4l8JXhoOkfRJy0B8T4jOc=.#=qZDCHCPe12vWFkHczTGUUkw==(#=qVwSRvnDJ$AGBfjEbOVIkYVg2QPDL_OsrLq0wwU9MXfI= #=qqLD6Nrqfu_1cQ8njZYHVBg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qrJeuMfwdA5OMU4vY6lIqdtnCDkX$FQhy9T_QRJ5K1H8=._Lambda$__0()

Steven

• Administrator
nothing sad about that! it now has the info i needed and an updated version has been uploaded
You have at least one duplicate artist thumb picture (.jpg/.png) so you might want to get rid of one of them

Alumni

nothing sad about that! it now has the info i needed and an updated version has been uploaded
You have at least one duplicate artist thumb picture (.jpg/.png) so you might want to get rid of one of them

Yep that fixed it, all my custom thumbs are loading. Thanks very much!

Alumni

My other Windows 7 PC has an issue with the latest patch - it won't let me switch to artist view (the other views are fine).

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
with compact player in 2.5, if you had a portrait orientated image, MB did the move-the-image-to-the-right-and-infill-with-colour thing;

in 3.0 we get the fit-to-width-of-the-panel-and-crop-so-eyes-are-sort-of-centered scenario;

is it possible to have an image-is-centered-and-blended-into-expanded-album-art-or-infill-colour type of operation?
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:16:04 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
My other Windows 7 PC has an issue with the latest patch - it won't let me switch to artist view (the other views are fine).
what do you mean by "won't let me switch to artist view" eg. is the option greyed out/ not there/ blank screen when chosen ....