Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233592 times)

Steven

• Administrator
In the Station Directories if you try to sort you get a mess - the Names dont match!
The search box gets obscured sometimes. It then looks like this, with a blue-grey layer on top of the input field,
Still some issues with CTRL+click selections.  In this GIF, I use CTRL+A to select the tracks, CTRL+click to unselect some, and then when I drag them to the playlists, only the one I directly clicked is moved.
these are fixed for the next update. I will probably post an updated version tomorrow

If I tag a track with Picard in a way that causes it to be moved by auto-organize, static playlists are not updated to the new location. (Update: Also happens when a track is added to the library.)
it seems i left some code commented out for updating the playlists - thanks for catching that.

I was just doing a custom search for "Artist is any of...", and this happened:
1. I started typing an artist
2. I selected the auto-complete that came up
3. I clicked the ... button.
Result: the pop-up box contained what I had originally typed, not the auto-completed entry.
unless i am misunderstanding i dont see why this is a bug and its doing what i intended - thats unless you actually clicked the auto-complete list item before clicking ...
Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:16:06 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was just doing a custom search for "Artist is any of...", and this happened:
1. I started typing an artist
2. I selected the auto-complete that came up
3. I clicked the ... button.
Result: the pop-up box contained what I had originally typed, not the auto-completed entry.
unless i am misunderstanding i dont see why this is a bug and its doing what i intended - thats unless you actually clicked the auto-complete list item before clicking ...

Yes, I clicked it.  The complete entry was showing before I opened the pop up.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
In v2.5 whenever you doubleclicked on an entry, e.g. "Psychedelic Rock" or "Ozric Tentacles", or an album title ,e.g. "Afterwish" or a track
then, it should start playing ALL items contained. i.e. in 1st case it would add in queue all Psychedelic Rock albums, in 2nd case all OT albums, etc..
i have restored the v2.5 behavior as thats a bug/oversight
for the suggestions, i am not ready just yet and still completing the basic v3. But in a couple of weeks or so i should be, so i suggest you raise any requests then

darkred

In v2.5 whenever you doubleclicked on an entry, e.g. "Psychedelic Rock" or "Ozric Tentacles", or an album title ,e.g. "Afterwish" or a track
then, it should start playing ALL items contained. i.e. in 1st case it would add in queue all Psychedelic Rock albums, in 2nd case all OT albums, etc..
i have restored the v2.5 behavior as thats a bug/oversight
for the suggestions, i am not ready just yet and still completing the basic v3. But in a couple of weeks or so i should be, so i suggest you raise any requests then
Of course.
Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
The wavebar and timestamp issue I reported this past June for 2.5 is still present in 3.0.  
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15927.msg93961#msg93961

I've noticed two differences between 2.5 and 3.0:
- It happens at the 29:56 mark in 2.5 and at 32:21 in 3.0.
- In the wavebar popup 2.5 shows the podcast title along with the time while 3.0 only shows the time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
The wavebar and timestamp issue I reported this past June for 2.5 is still present in 3.0.  
the negative number should be fixed for the next update. The track title now displays in the status bar instead of the tooltip so you can always see it

phred

• Global Moderator
the negative number should be fixed for the next update. The track title now displays in the status bar instead of the tooltip so you can always see it
Excellent.  Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Sid

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in another subforum but I've found a few bugs with MB3 GUI. It seems like a lot of them have to do with rendering. If my explanations of the issues are lacking or difficult to understand, let me know and I can try to reword them more clearly.

Info: MusicBee v3.0.5735.40492 (Win10.0)

I have some images of the issues here: http://imgur.com/a/tH0Cq

1. The scrollbars sometimes revert to unskined version when transitioning between different tabs, changing views of panels, or alt-tabbing. (Image in imgur)

2.They also do not unpaint the previous location it was at. So after scrolling the total of a playlist, artist, etc., the scrollbar is completely colored, and you can no longer view its position since it is all the same color. This does not happen for the lyrics scrollbar in the Now Playing view.

3. The virtual displayed fields show up as their default name (Virtual #) rather then their set name

4. Resetting the displayed fields (removing then re-adding the same virtual fields) causes weird rendering issues which then cause MB3 to error if you try to click on them

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qoYblrTMB_oQ5AT5glRNE55AEa7FDj35oazlKjOrGqBo=.#=qaZCIc5eCKAcm09GM8VqqdQ==(List`1 #=qaDsxXVqCaHxEvDvZiCiE_Q==, Boolean #=qZpuQP8l5OJp58UQxoaWX4w==)
   at #=q_NL6hnU_c6ZQkQK9ken1GpYk2c29kRhXKu0Dtl9q4ys=.#=qxp4L0xwC9uukIzTdZfpERrKkHZ96MYdl5nFeyM6jKsU=.#=qjzZm4Y2VMcKTx_8P0PKIlA==(Boolean #=qquUBbjI7IL2SjwQnjxIHtw==)
   at #=q_NL6hnU_c6ZQkQK9ken1GpYk2c29kRhXKu0Dtl9q4ys=.#=qxp4L0xwC9uukIzTdZfpERrKkHZ96MYdl5nFeyM6jKsU=.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs #=qQY9eXFbu6HA8Kv9B2ARVXw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qq4LPB0j5JKEr0FW3pOP8W$TyoQJZag88qmQjbCSG0W4=.WndProc(Message& #=qcbL5n_rf_XTuB7rVAZPPbQ==)
   at #=qnWHTDhzFRiUHA7unPjd3SU1cFn53rsUoZ0BO0lr5qN4=.#=qK8JJ9bAQqUURQUlCdsdWmA==.WndProc(Message& #=qpsi_Q9QfzsnBv3FacRuxLA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

5. Sometimes the displayed fields do not get registered as shown but are displayed so you are able to keep on re-adding them. This caused the error below. These duplicate fields where intractable not removable. (I use one called # - Title ; a combination of the disk track and title). This issue caused MB3 to no longer open. I removd the musicbee3settingsdemo.ini & .bak so as to allow me to open it again. (No image, unfortunately)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qErDu_pdQdE263OPO0h6Hk511_2iOqnWpQai92swnhIM=.#=q_fUcRSPhwi48_Cigzcoyxw==.#=qMsbWkkIXhwtnGP9HGOYOig==(Int32 #=q1NkgrwabJNDauhV6yS2hJg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q7unBGGLQCmsyuMiRwvjqgA==.#=quLuVF0NnwPi5Pm2hqh7GgA==(#=q3zh5nRvZL0h_dYz36DIk7h99vfgvw0UaaWYhoX4oLcA= #=q9_ryL_O0R3E5OyZtN_xJ0w==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qF6KHmvXbR2_iV2$3tZf1TQ==(String[] #=qAwjRjtnIBz6lJS9sdCIYWw==)

6. The subtitle for the Album and Tracks view gets cut off. I have an image in the imgur link that has it 'circled' in red. Enlarging MB3 does not fix it being rendered outside of the panel.

7. Opening MB3 initially in the now playing view will cause the Playing Tracks section to render past its max size. That is, over the Now Playing section.

8. Resizing MB3 smaller will not resize the Playing Tracks section proportionally causing it to overlap the Now Playing section. (Image in imgur)

9. The Bar where Now Playing and Playing Tracks appear will sometimes render part of the artist overlayed image on the far left of it. Image included (it is the same one as # 8, and it is highlighted in yellow)

10. Setting the skin to Windows Theme causes it to error, crash, and not open again. (I fixed it by setting the Theme in the ini file to something else)

11. Resizing MB3 small causes the left most panels to get shrunk. Once it is too small, it is no longer clickable. It also gets rendered over the border. (Image in imgur)

12. Right clicking in the fields bar in the 'Now Playing Assistant' causes an integer out of bounds error consistently. So does right-clicking any artists/albums/genre sections. (I presume since they are all the same type of object it has the same issue)

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at #=qcNGc8f$OOhkg7w33GasdwrlJTx3jAQz0PiIKEOLw_xY=.#=qRniI6ZykJcL2bJU5RNI4sUuAbGwmyjpeptWgrc7khjw=(Object #=qkcULNqp__SXwu8MiTc0UeA==, EventArgs #=qxWbw3rPJiOewbEmWOqHZDQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnOpening(CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.Show(Control control, Point position)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.ShowInternal(Control source, Point location, Boolean isKeyboardActivated)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

13. Mini-player Playing information, except for 'current time/total time of song', is not present. (Image in imgur)

14. Compact player 'Draw Control on Pictures' controls do not rerender on player resize. Image is of an enlarged player once that option is chosen but the same goes for making it smaller. It just needs to update its position. Should be an easy fix. (Image in imgur)

15. Option to display Lyrics in the Main Panel of compact mode is turned off when switching between the options of compact mode (Artist Picture & Album Color Mix to Large Album and back to either of those detoggles it).

16. Album art in album-tracks view in playing tracks under Now-Playing gets part of another albums album art rendered on the right side of it. (two images in imgur)

Questions
- Is there a way to remove the last.fm scrobble button?
- Is there a way to remove the search bar from the top bar?
- I presume the 'Configure' option under the Panels Configuration is not intended to be functioning at this point?
- Is it intention to not be able to not be able to resize from the right side of the 'Playing Tracks' section under the Now Playing playlist? I presume it is the case because there is no border present there thus the missing functionality to click and resize.

Suggestions
- Compact player: The lyrics on the left side should extend to encompass the space the album art is not taking up. So if no album art, it'll extend to the bottom.
Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:28:27 PM by Sid

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in another subforum but I've found a few bugs with MB3 GUI. It seems like a lot of them have to do with rendering. If my explanations of the issues are lacking or difficult to understand, let me know and I can try to reword them more clearly.

Info: MusicBee v3.0.5735.40492 (Win10.0)
You're using a demo version that's at least 2-3 months old.  The current version is 3.0.5798, with an update possibly coming tomorrow.  So it's quite possible many of the issues you raise are already fixed.  I suggest getting the latest version and re-checking your issues and remove those that have already been addressed.  The most recent version (from Nov 16) is here http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

Also, I believe Steven hasn't started working on skinning issues yet.  I also think there a thread for these so they're all in one place when he is ready to tackle these issues.  Unfortunately I can't find it right now.  Perhaps someone else will post a link the the 3.0 skinning thread.

EDIT: Here's the v3 skinning thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16643.60
Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:22:50 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
@sid, as phred says thats an old version. Where did you get it from so i can update the link

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

for windows 10, i have changed the border handling so its now a single px border for skinned borders. For unskinned borders, the 8px opaque border now renders as a normal 1px border

phred

• Global Moderator
This is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, everything appears to be fixed now!  I've confirmed the custom search and CTRL+click issues for sure.

---

Keyboard scrolling in Track Details is very rough.  This is what happens when I hold Page Down:

I thought maybe it was the artwork field, but it's not much better without.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
it should be smoother and faster in all cases and trying now myself its fine
is it just the keyboard that does this?
and can anyone else confirm this behavior?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
it should be smoother and faster in all cases and trying now myself its fine
is it just the keyboard that does this?
and can anyone else confirm this behavior?

If I drag the scrollbar, it has a hiccup once in a while, but that could be the mouse as easily as MB.  Mouse wheel scroll is pretty smooth.  Using the arrow keys isn't as rough as Page Down, but that's probably because it's not moving as fast.  It's still noticeably uneven.
Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:45:20 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)