Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233250 times)

Mephisto

A few things I noticed :
When using several tabs (at least one for the library and one for the podcasts), Starting a song in the library tab, then going to the podcast tab, I'm not able to see the different podcasts episodes for a subscription while the song is playing (well, technically, by clicking on another tab and then going back to the podcasts one, the content is finally displayed)

The music explorer, when opened in a tab, does not update when a new artist start playing.

In the track information/album cover/lyrics, which was all in one in the 2.5 version, it would be more intuitive if the order of the scrolling menu was not altered depending on my last choice(s), ie always have
-Artist biography
-Artwork
-Lyrics
-Track informations
in this order (as it is done for the "playing track"/"selected track" part, which always show "playing track" first), and not putting on top what I have selected.

Steven

• Administrator
When using several tabs (at least one for the library and one for the podcasts), Starting a song in the library tab, then going to the podcast tab, I'm not able to see the different podcasts episodes for a subscription while the song is playing (well, technically, by clicking on another tab and then going back to the podcasts one, the content is finally displayed)
A screenshot might help me understand better

The music explorer, when opened in a tab, does not update when a new artist start playing.
its only updated when you first open the tab (otherwise it would be annoying if you were looking at a particular artist and it kept changing with each new song). You can search for an artist in the search box. I will try and figure out a way to enable it to be updated to the playing artist by some action eg. a command button

In the track information/album cover/lyrics, which was all in one in the 2.5 version, it would be more intuitive if the order of the scrolling menu was not altered depending on my last choice(s), ie always have
-Artist biography
-Artwork
-Lyrics
-Track informations
in this order (as it is done for the "playing track"/"selected track" part, which always show "playing track" first), and not putting on top what I have selected.
the most recent panel viewed is placed to the bottom of the stack. That is so you can click to the right of the selector and have the panels toggled

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
When using the 'Upcoming Releases' page, the artist's names are no longer links that open the 'Clicked Artist' tab
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Mephisto

A screenshot might help me understand better
I'll try to be a bit more understandable...

screenshot (I don't know how to make gifs.) : http://imgur.com/N4YwMzi

I start a song in the "music" tab, then I switch to the "podcasts" tab. Here, the episodes for a given podcast are displayed ("Revolutions" in the screenshot), but if I click on an other of my subscriptions (Hardcore History for instance), the episode list is still the same (episodes of "Revolutions").

its only updated when you first open the tab (otherwise it would be annoying if you were looking at a particular artist and it kept changing with each new song).
I remember being extremely frustrated when it happened, so I get it.

the most recent panel viewed is placed to the bottom of the stack. That is so you can click to the right of the selector and have the panels toggled

This is actually fantastic, I had no idea. However, being able to go through the panels in the reverse order by using a right-click in the same area could be useful,
i.e. left click browse the panels in this order: artwork, artist, track info, lyrics, and right click browse: lyrics, track info, artist, artwork

Steven

• Administrator
I start a song in the "music" tab, then I switch to the "podcasts" tab. Here, the episodes for a given podcast are displayed ("Revolutions" in the screenshot), but if I click on an other of my subscriptions (Hardcore History for instance), the episode list is still the same (episodes of "Revolutions").
i cant reproduce any issue nor can i see how it could possibly happen. Can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

when the playing artist is different to the current artist, the panel now displays a link so you can open the playing artist

When using the 'Upcoming Releases' page, the artist's names are no longer links that open the 'Clicked Artist' tab
i have added back in support for that, although it now links to the xbox artist page so you can listen to tracks as well

both the above are barely tested

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
i have added back in support for that, although it now links to the xbox artist page so you can listen to tracks as well

Thanks. Looks good.
Although the skin colour BG is no longer being used for the 'Upcoming Releases' panel.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Suggestion: make sure the station directory in the radio station node can't be dragged all the way down to the bottom, so it can't be "lost".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
fix for play count not updating when "stop after current" is enabled and fixes for various visual glitches:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Boile

Hi Steven,
In the Station Directories if you try to sort you get a mess - the Names dont match!

Alumni

A couple minor issues I've experienced with the Now Playing node; When using the "large album cover" display there isn't an option to disable either of the available sidebars. Also if the main window is not wide enough (ie. in windowed mode), the main panel [right side] can be completely obscured by the right sidebar.

Steven

• Administrator
When using the "large album cover" display there isn't an option to disable either of the available sidebars. Also if the main window is not wide enough (ie. in windowed mode), the main panel [right side] can be completely obscured by the right sidebar.
the intention with that layout is too make the album picture as large as possible and then fill the remaining space. Unless your musicbee window has a square layout i dont see how providing the option to remove both the right main panel and right sidebar would be useful as it would just be empty space. I guess it could make sense to have the option to hide one of the panels and fill the non-album space only with the remaining unhidden panel.
For the 2nd point, MB is preserving the width of the right sidebar. I guess MB could apply some resizing of both panels but you can already drag the right sidebar yourself to the right main panel becomes visible.

darkred

I'm glad that in v3.0 in Library Explorer|Genres
the genres no longer appear twice (e.g. Hard Rock>Hard Rock). Thanks Steven!

I'd like to make a suggestion.
Check this screenshot:

In v2.5 whenever you doubleclicked on an entry, e.g. "Psychedelic Rock" or "Ozric Tentacles", or an album title ,e.g. "Afterwish" or a track
then, it should start playing ALL items contained. i.e. in 1st case it would add in queue all Psychedelic Rock albums, in 2nd case all OT albums, etc..
(single)Clicking an entry only selected it.
Expanding/collapsing an entry was only possible via clicking the > icon.

In v3 when you doubleclick on any entry it doesn't do anything in any case, yet.

So my suggestion is this:
(not to restore the v2 behaviour but)
clicking on an entry(not just the > icon), to expand/collapse it (not only select it), and
doubleclicking it, to start playing all contained items.

i.e. if you click on an entry, e.g. "Psychedelic Rock", to expand all bands contained.
but if you doubleclick the "Psychedelic Rock" entry, to start playing all albums of that genre.
Consequently, if you click on "Ozric Tentacles" to expand all albums,
and doubleclicking on it would start playing all albums, etc.
Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:06:29 PM by darkred

9ido

The search box gets obscured sometimes. It then looks like this, with a blue-grey layer on top of the input field,

This occurs when the player goes to the next queued track in now playing. It does not matter whether there is text in the box, but if there is a text it is hidden by the blue-grey layer. A simple click inside the search area does resolve the issue (but then it happens again when the next track starts.)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The search box gets obscured sometimes. It then looks like this, with a blue-grey layer on top of the input field,
This occurs when the player goes to the next queued track in now playing. It does not matter whether there is text in the box, but if there is a text it is hidden by the blue-grey layer. A simple click inside the search area does resolve the issue (but then it happens again when the next track starts.)

I can confirm this issue, but hadn't figured out the cause.  Thanks!

---

Still some issues with CTRL+click selections.  In this GIF, I use CTRL+A to select the tracks, CTRL+click to unselect some, and then when I drag them to the playlists, only the one I directly clicked is moved.

---

If I tag a track with Picard in a way that causes it to be moved by auto-organize, static playlists are not updated to the new location. (Update: Also happens when a track is added to the library.)

---

I was just doing a custom search for "Artist is any of...", and this happened:
1. I started typing an artist
2. I selected the auto-complete that came up
3. I clicked the ... button.
Result: the pop-up box contained what I had originally typed, not the auto-completed entry.
Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:22:10 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)