Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1252816 times)

Steven

• Administrator
for the CD drive not showing tracks, can you right click on the node and let me know if you see "Eject CD" and if so, does that work. Also try with folder filtering turned off. I will leave this issue until a later date

phred

• Global Moderator
for the CD drive not showing tracks, can you right click on the node and let me know if you see "Eject CD" and if so, does that work. Also try with folder filtering turned off. I will leave this issue until a later date
With a CD in the drive, Eject CD works as expected.  With no CD in the drive, Eject CD is grayed out - also expected.
With folder filtering off (Show All Folders) clicking on the drive does not show any tracks.
If I insert the CD and let Window Auto-Play use MB, the tracks show up in the Now Playing panel and the disc plays.  But I still can't see the tracks via the drive in computer node.

Certainly not a mission critical bug.  Looking at it at a later date is fine.

Thank you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
The Unknown Subscription in podcasts is showing the right stuff now.  But I can't drag the files from there to the correct subscription.  I get the "can't drop here" icon, and MB hangs for a few seconds when I drag them.
thats addressed for the next update

@phred, you should check the error log for any errors around the time the CD drive is being tested
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:27:33 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, you should check the error log for any errors around the time the CD drive is being tested
I'm sorry Steven - just seeing this note now.
- Insert CD in drive Q:\
- Cancel Windows Auto-Play
- Click on Q:\ in computer node
- No tracks show in MB; no error window pops up
- This is in the error log:
Code
11/11/2015 10:07:20 PM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5793.34565 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qNzRWbihakvRVViQdNpk_Bw==(MethodInvoker #=q26oK7JTw_4JQ63_5LHV1eA==)
   at #=qZfscBtbhQpkVdCUexsITAXwktFx9zP2MamCAoKqb84Q=.#=q9OQvRIYawqTeC_ZFk5Fodw==(#=qFgUgjhNaGiBEK8cOvyzJ7gRcpt1emyaRiKmXDRr2fbk= #=qgBzPAdy3fOQn0o043s6H7w==, #=qFrbZJfTUm96g3bPc8YKmt59ZJOseTvdeolNIGPm6JbJ4mVPNi122XlhcNbMFe3qs #=qzecvqyq$AOkb8KnumV3dcA==, #=qTYmBzfMu6EJGjBzA1uYkDbW8wiNLbgHEUCy9vCw8kRU=[] #=qjrSW1GTNwp14aGBGiAN__Q==, MethodInvoker #=qvYWgOjcexmVoJpP5uGgI5QRQ3wamE1$4$fXi7PQ8H1Q=)
   at #=qZfscBtbhQpkVdCUexsITAXwktFx9zP2MamCAoKqb84Q=.#=qcjaboGGwe6wWIU6wxpN63Q==(#=qFgUgjhNaGiBEK8cOvyzJ7gRcpt1emyaRiKmXDRr2fbk= #=qGr_fHLGK0jJGN7VsvENv$Q==, #=qTYmBzfMu6EJGjBzA1uYkDbW8wiNLbgHEUCy9vCw8kRU=[] #=qp2yb7dM$zyIjBN5nJC0NEQ==, MethodInvoker #=qnBgKT5K6fyyXvgbd_DhN4BhJxOG4GI6s18kJXRl0FyM=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qx9hrOH1gHCvHObXTk4z1Pxp3RX_xuaZ7Aynh$V_68UY=._Lambda$__1()

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The Unknown Subscription in podcasts is showing the right stuff now.  But I can't drag the files from there to the correct subscription.  I get the "can't drop here" icon, and MB hangs for a few seconds when I drag them.
thats addressed for the next update

Confirmed!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

i have rebuilt the .exe - this is a new link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

Great to see those new "per tab" settings, very helpful.

A bug to report - the column browser isn't showing up anymore with the vertical layout, although horizontal displays fine.
Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:50:48 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
A bug to report - the column browser isn't showing up anymore with the vertical layout, although horizontal displays fine.
i would probably need a link to your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
@phred & @Alumni, the bugs you reported should both be fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the above issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred & @Alumni, the bugs you reported should both be fixed for the next update
Clicking on CD drive in computer node now shows tracks on CD.  Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i am looking at windows 10 aspects for skinning at the moment. Its not going too well and its quite surprising how getting really basic things like the current color for the title bar is proving difficult, or getting rid of the horrible blue borders for unskinned windows borders and making them transparent.
Having said that i think i can acheive the following (without having to use an entirely different apprroach which i dont have the time or inclination to do)
- a 1px border for both skinned and unskinned window border settings. However, there would be an issue in that to do this i would need to bring the window resizing margin inside the window which is fine for the left side but for the right side there will be 3-4 px intruding onto any scrollbar ie. the right side of a scrollbar will switch to a resizing cursor. I might be able to do something about it using a global mouse handler but if i cant, what are your thoughts on what i said?
I could leave skinned window borders as now so the border is displayed as 4px.
- make an assumption the title bar is always white - but thats not always true and it is possible to switch it to glass mode using some utilities, and also the upcoming win10 release i believe will allow changing the color. I am tossing up whether to drop support for un-skinned windows borders for win10

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
or getting rid of the horrible blue borders for unskinned windows borders and making them transparent
The 1px border is not always blue, you can turn on "Automatically pick an accent colour from my background" and the border will change colour to blend with the background.  Maybe it's possible to access this to get Win10 to pick an accent colour from the 4px border of the skin.

I could leave skinned window borders as now so the border is displayed as 4px.
Would be my preferred option

I am tossing up whether to drop support for un-skinned windows borders for win10
I think that would be the way to go for the present.  If future changes in Win10 make it easier to change the title bar colour, then it could be revisited then.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
ditto Bee-liever
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is not new to 3.0, but has come up recently in my exploring.  When using dashes, single-quotes and double-quotes in searches, MB can only find the "plain" version of the mark.  It won't find "smart quotes" in my tags using the quote keys, and it can't find whatever other kind of dash there is that looks exactly like a normal dash but isn't (in the search box, quotes don't really work because I think it's looking for a phrase, but try a custom search).  In any case, these seem like things that MB should be able to search for together, just like it can find diacritics.  I can provide some example files, if needed.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Alumni

I am tossing up whether to drop support for un-skinned windows borders for win10

I would support that decision.
It's nearly impossible to account for all the variables, and there are other skinning areas that are more deserving of your time, IMHO.