Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233455 times)

usraek

Column browser hiding per tab works (though I can't get my column browser to display properly at all for the this version and last. I don't have older version to test because it was working fine before.)

When clicking a  'Panel Settings ...' button for Column Browser in panel menu you cannot scroll the window that pops up with mouse wheel because a dropdown box takes the focus.

The artwork position saving from my posted gif has not been changed.

phred

• Global Moderator
However, when clicking on either of my CD drives in the computer node, the tracks are not showing.  Nothing is showing.  MB does see them (and shows the source drive) when I use the rip CD process.
i cant reproduce any issues. If you right click on the cd drive node in MB, do you see an "Eject" option?
Yes.  And it opens the CD tray as long as there's a CD in it.

A new issue involving CD ripping has popped up in this latest version.
- Rip CD
- All tracks ripped with status "Accurately ripped"
- AccurateRip window pops up showing all files matched
- Click on "Close"
- Status of all tracks in ripping window changes to "cancelled" [Not expected]
i am finding the same but wont be able to fix it now
That's fine.  Especially the part about you being able to reproduce it.  2.5 is working fine, so I can rip with that if absolutely necessary.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Column browser hiding per tab works (though I can't get my column browser to display properly at all for the this version and last. I don't have older version to test because it was working fine before.)
you need to provide more information than "I can't get my column browser to display properly", At minimum a screenshot will help

That's fine.  Especially the part about you being able to reproduce it.  2.5 is working fine, so I can rip with that if absolutely necessary.
its fixed now - same download link

usraek

Edit: Sorted.

Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:09:00 PM by usraek

phred

• Global Moderator
That's fine.  Especially the part about you being able to reproduce it.  2.5 is working fine, so I can rip with that if absolutely necessary.
its fixed now - same download link
Neither issue is fixed.  And only change in behavior of the rip issue is that now the status bar shows a successful rip, when in fact the ripped tracks don't even exist.  MB appears to be deleting them when it should be doing volume analysis.  For the CD drive in the computer node issue, with a CD in Q:\ when I click on Q:\ in computer node the status bar says "Unable to access Q:\" but the Rip CD window is able to access it.

Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:39:00 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The Unknown Subscription in podcasts is showing the right stuff now.  But I can't drag the files from there to the correct subscription.  I get the "can't drop here" icon, and MB hangs for a few seconds when I drag them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Neither issue is fixed.
if you still see the files in the inbox when that happens then you probably are not running the latest version.
Unfortunately this months Microsoft patches have done something to my .NET environment and i cant run MB at the moment, and i dont know how long it will be out of action

phred

• Global Moderator
Neither issue is fixed.
if you still see the files in the inbox when that happens then you probably are not running the latest version.
Yes, I was still seeing the files in the inbox.  I just downloaded from the updated link (Reply # 753) again and will try again shortly.

Unfortunately this months Microsoft patches have done something to my .NET environment and i cant run MB at the moment, and i dont know how long it will be out of action
Geez!  And I almost ran Windows Update last night but decided to hold off for a while.  Can you try rolling back to the latest restore point?  Good luck.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

:o

Well, crap.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Neither issue is fixed.
Yes, I was still seeing the files in the inbox.  I just downloaded from the updated link (Reply # 753) again and will try again shortly.
Definitely the same behavior.  The track info shows in the Inbox, but the files have been deleted during what seems like the volume analysis process.  I did see them in Explorer before clicking OK.

Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:15:44 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i just reuploaded the files, so could you try again. If it still doesnt work i will rebuild them. I am not claiming the issue with your optical drive showing tracks in the main panel is addressed as i made no changes for that and i cant reproduce any issues with mine, nor did i make any changes around that functionality

ps. I managed to get my .NET working again but only after a system restore. However i dont think this is a general problem otherwise the forum would have had reports of problems and i havent been able to find any reports of problems on the web
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:00:04 PM by Steven

Mr. Trev

I did a windows update yesterday, and both MB 3.0 and 2.5 still work for me, so I think you guys should be safe

I do seem to have a problem again saving artwork as embedded with both versions. Just doesn't happen, have to use folder.jpg

phred

• Global Moderator
i just reuploaded the files, so could you try again. If it still doesnt work i will rebuild them. I am not claiming the issue with your optical drive showing tracks in the main panel is addressed as i made no changes for that and i cant reproduce any issues with mine, nor did i make any changes around that functionality
Downloaded once again.  No difference.  Behavior is exactly the same.
EDIT:  Slightly different behavior, but not in a good way.  After I delete the files that are showing in the Inbox (even though they've already been deleted by whatever is going wrong) the Inbox count doesn't clear. Even after moving to a different node and then back to the Inbox.  And after exiting and restarting MB, not only is the Inbox count still showing, but the tracks that don't exist are showing in the inbox also.

EDIT 2:  When I tried to edit an Inbox file that "doesn't exist" it opened up the Tag Editor and the Properties tab shows that the track is in the folder that I designated as the Inbox.  But the track isn't there.  When I right-click on the track and select Locate in Windows Explorer it takes me to My Documents.  And I still can't find the files. When I did Search > Locate in Computer Node the tracks in the Inbox disappeared.

ps. I managed to get my .NET working again but only after a system restore. However i dont think this is a general problem otherwise the forum would have had reports of problems and i havent been able to find any reports of problems on the web
Great news.  JOOC, did you do a restore from a backup app, or did you use the Windows system restore point?
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:18:46 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
i have rebuilt the .exe - this is a new link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
Now we've got it!!  I only tried with two tracks and it worked as expected.  I have deleted the two tracks and will now rip the entire CD.

I'm not sure if you attempted a fix on the computer node CD drive not showing the CD tracks as it is still not working.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Full CD rip works as expected. 
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:39:44 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki