Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233183 times)

Sofocl

In version 2.5, you can have a "navigator" in one tab and the "Library Explorer" in another;

In version 3 of this behavior is achieved impossible.
This is mistake? Or, this behavior can somehow achieve?
Sorry for my bad English.

Sofocl

I informed about this error earlier. That's how it is possible to accurately reproduce;
Sorry for my bad English.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having a recurring problem with adding album art causing files to lose tags: specifically title and track #.  It also changes the time reported for the track (I think the time it gives is the total time for the tracks I had selected).

Click for GIF:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

usraek

I'm sorry, it's tough to explain. I made a gif but it's massive lol.

This shows me adding the album art to one tab, saving layout, then adding album art to different tab and saving then going back it doesn't stick.
The same thing happens to column browser. The column browser also cannot be attached to anything but the main panel when drag-n-dropping.

http://s27.postimg.org/3ydzwg63l/album_art_3.gif
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:37:23 PM by usraek

Steven

• Administrator
I'm having a recurring problem with adding album art causing files to lose tags: specifically title and track #.  It also changes the time reported for the track (I think the time it gives is the total time for the tracks I had selected).
yes i can reproduce and thats a good one to catch. I think it would only apply to adding artwork for multiple selected tracks via the album covers panel eg. done via the tag editor or main panel should be fine. But i should be able to fix that quickly
edit:
The same bug also applied when done the same way from the track info panel
The download link is updated with the fix
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:35:01 PM by Steven

usraek

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if the the GIF is working properly.

This time I'll link it:

Mr. Trev

Been popping in now and a again, and have finally decided to give 3.0 a try.

Liking it so far, just 1 question: Will the link on the first post be the place to get the latest updates? Sorry if I missed any mention earlier.

phred

• Global Moderator
Will the link on the first post be the place to get the latest updates? Sorry if I missed any mention earlier.
No, it won't.  I don't think that will happen until Steven is far enough along that he can consider it a beta version. 
For the time being you'll have to follow the thread to stay current.  I believe right now the latest 3.x update is a page or two before this post.  Just work your way backwards from here until you come to it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't recall seeing this reported.
- In MB 3.0.35791 the computer node does not show the entire path to a folder.  This is different than the way it worked in 2.5. 
- In 3.0 the computer node list is not sorted alphabetically as it was in 2.5.
- My two optical drives (Q:\ and R:\) do not show in 3.0 computer node despite being selected in the Manage Folders dialog.  They do show if I select "show all folders" instead of "show filtered folders only."
- I can not get the SubSonic plugin to show in 3.0, but it does show in 2.5.

In the screenshots below, the computer node is on the left and the Manage Folders dialog is on the right.
This is 3.0:

This is 2.5:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
yes i can reproduce and thats a good one to catch. I think it would only apply to adding artwork for multiple selected tracks via the album covers panel eg. done via the tag editor or main panel should be fine. But i should be able to fix that quickly
edit:
The same bug also applied when done the same way from the track info panel
The download link is updated with the fix

Tested and seems to be fixed.  Thanks!

Two things this morning:

1. Is the "redo search" command in the lyrics panel working for anyone?  It never responds for me.

2. If I've done a custom search with no results and the Search Results node is in the main panel, typing in the search box doesn't start a new search.  If there are results from the custom search, it works as expected, except the title in the tab continues to reflect the custom search.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
1. Is the "redo search" command in the lyrics panel working for anyone?  It never responds for me.
2. If I've done a custom search with no results and the Search Results node is in the main panel, typing in the search box doesn't start a new search.  If there are results from the custom search, it works as expected, except the title in the tab continues to reflect the custom search.
1. should be fixed
2. its searching within the search results but i have changed it to reset the search. I have tested this change but there are a lot of combinations of how the various filter panels work together and the local/global search results, so its possible i have overlooked something but reasonably confident

- In MB 3.0.35791 the computer node does not show the entire path to a folder.  This is different than the way it worked in 2.5. 
- My two optical drives (Q:\ and R:\) do not show in 3.0 computer node despite being selected in the Manage Folders dialog.  They do show if I select "show all folders" instead of "show filtered folders only."
that should be fixed now, except i dont have subsonic anymore to confirm that

i will post an updated link later

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues and a couple of issues i found.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Also i have added support for hiding the column browser and also the library explorer for a tab. Its set in the panel layout dialog

Liking it so far, just 1 question: Will the link on the first post be the place to get the latest updates? Sorry if I missed any mention earlier.
i am trying to keep the link the same but cant guarantee that for now. I advise to check this topic anyway in case there is some important bug found and fixed

phred

• Global Moderator
All four of these issues are fixed.  However, when clicking on either of my CD drives in the computer node, the tracks are not showing.  Nothing is showing.  MB does see them (and shows the source drive) when I use the rip CD process.  But right now I can't just listen to a CD via MB.  Upon further testing, with neither version of MB open, I insert a CD into the drive and Windows launches 2.5 (expected) and starts playing.  I stop the play, close 2.5, start 3.0 and the previously loaded tracks are showing in the Now Playing panel.  And they play.  But clicking on the drive letter in computer node still does not show the tracks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
A new issue involving CD ripping has popped up in this latest version.
- Rip CD
- All tracks ripped with status "Accurately ripped"
- AccurateRip window pops up showing all files matched
- Click on "Close"
- Status of all tracks in ripping window changes to "cancelled" [Not expected]
- Tracks appear in Inbox, the source file for the track could not be found [Not expected]
- Using Explorer to look at folder where tracks should be, it is empty  [Not expected]  Although \Artist\Album Title exists
- Back in MB, select all newly ripped tracks in Inbox > right-click > delete from Inbox and Computer results in status bar "No tracks deleted" but the tracks still appear until MB is closed and relaunched
Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:13:43 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
However, when clicking on either of my CD drives in the computer node, the tracks are not showing.  Nothing is showing.  MB does see them (and shows the source drive) when I use the rip CD process.
i cant reproduce any issues. If you right click on the cd drive node in MB, do you see an "Eject" option?

A new issue involving CD ripping has popped up in this latest version.
- Rip CD
- All tracks ripped with status "Accurately ripped"
- AccurateRip window pops up showing all files matched
- Click on "Close"
- Status of all tracks in ripping window changes to "cancelled" [Not expected]
i am finding the same but wont be able to fix it now

edit:
its fixed now - same download link
Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:39:59 PM by Steven