Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1246971 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
you are right about the reason - thats the same behavior as 2.5. I guess MB could write a message to the status bar
I dont understand the question (I do understand you could have a playlist and an auto-playlist the same name but still dont understand what you are proposing)

I'm not sure a message in the status bar would be noticed right away. I think a pop-up like Windows has when you use illegal characters would be more effective.

What I mean is this: you have Playlist Folder A containing Playlist B.  If you duplicate Playlist B, it appears as Playlist B (copy) way down at the bottom of all playlists. I think it should automatically be placed in Playlist Folder A.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:45:13 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Blackened

Would love to see if you make up few alternative to transfer my phone to my android player.
i am a little confused with your response. Firstly have i understood the issue you were raising? you are wanting to drag files to the device node in the left navigator, and the left navigator is hidden and doesnt auto-open when dragging

to sync ad-hoc files without using the left navigator, right click on the files/ send to/ device/ ...

My apologies Steven, Sorry for confusing you. I shouldn't type that.

Yes, I want to drag files to the hidden left navigator as you said. :)

Thank you for the tip on the right click files, I will use it to transfer the songs with that options. And thank you again for looking at the hidden left navigator problem, I'll read this thread for any new info or latest build.

Steven

• Administrator
i have since added support for dragging files into a hidden side panel but it only works for files dragged from inside MB, not from windows explorer.
I will post an updated version later

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

some of the changes made:
- should work much better on high dpi screens (tested on a 150% dpi machine). I havent completed all the windows but the most important ones are done. I guess there might still be some glitches on 200% dpi machines but in any case it should still be much better than before
- maintains the position in the column browser and thumbnail browser when all files in the main panel are deleted
- drag files into a hidden/auto-open left or right sidebar. It only works for files dragged from within MB and not from windows explorer

usraek

Brilliant and cheers! Continuously fantastic software.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
- maintains the position in the column browser and thumbnail browser when all files in the main panel are deleted

Fabulous!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

usraek

This is the first time I'm trying to delve further into the new layout, so may possibly be missing something.

For the album art, I previously had on my right panel the now playing art, and in the left navigator I had selected track art. With the new drag-n-drop there doesn't seem to be a way to have both.

Overall the text aesthetic changes, as well as the artist picture thumbnail list are quite awesome.

Snapshot of my 2.5 configuration:

Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:28:35 PM by usraek

Steven

• Administrator
For the album art, I previously had on my right panel the now playing art, and in the left navigator I had selected track art. With the new drag-n-drop there doesn't seem to be a way to have both.
The closest you will get is placing the album artwork on the left sidebar, and placing the track info panel with artwork enabled in the right sidebar. I dont see why you cant acheive what you have in the screenshot

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Thanks very much for the compact player theater mode fix.  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

usraek

The closest you will get is placing the album artwork on the left sidebar, and placing the track info panel with artwork enabled in the right sidebar. I dont see why you cant acheive what you have in the screenshot

Pardon me, I have just figured that out. I didn't realise that the track information contained the album art as well. Still familiarising myself with this!

I'm just trying to figure out a few more things now.

Thank you

usraek

Alright I'm having difficulty with per-tab layouts. in 2.5 I could save custom layouts and each would be respected per tab.

Now with 3.0 the custom layouts are available but it only seems to stick for the main panel fields displayed. If I want one tab to have column browser I go to the tab and I drag the column browser to my main panel. I re-save my custom layout. I then go back to a different tab where I don't want a column browser and it has appeared. I disable it then check the other tab and it's disabled as well. The settings don't seem to respect what I want on a per-tab basis.

I noticed this manifest in a different way where one tab I'd like the left sidebar navigator showing, and no left main panel. I put the album artwork under the navigator on left sidebar and it's fine. In one tab the sidebar is showing and the album art displays, in another have I have the sidebar hidden and that's fine, that setting is retained. The problem is the tab with the hidden sidebar has a left main panel instead and I would like the album art showing, so I customise the layout and drag the album art to the left main panel for the tab. Works fine, but then I go back to the previous tab where I had the navigator/album art showing and the album art was removed.

The first scenario with the column browser per-tab gets saved in a custom layout in 2.5 and isn't working correctly in 3.0. The second scenario with the album art doesn't apply to 2.5 at all because there was only one left sidebar, no panel.

Thank you,

Bee-liever

@ usraek

Have you tried saving them as different custom views?

usraek

@ usraek

Have you tried saving them as different custom views?

Yeah I mentioned that, I save my custom layouts. It seems the custom layouts do not save positions of elements in certain panels.

I have one tab where I put album art on bottom of the thumbnail panel of the left main panel. I save my layout. I then go to the other tab and close the left main panel with the thumbnails and then add the album art to the left side bar w/navigator. I save the layout. I then go back to the first tab and it correctly saved my thumbnail browser, and no navigation panel is showing, the album art is removed and appears when I unhide navigation.

So the left sidebar and left main panel correctly save their hidden/open status, but the column browser and the album art are global positions and do not get saved per layout per tab.

The columns are in contrast to 2.5 where I use different tabs for different purposes entirely, so it used to be possible to have column view showing in one tab and not the other. The album art is a new one because the thumbnail browser from 2.5 has been expanded into an entire modifiable panel itself and thus new functionality. Also a column browser cannot be added to the left panel, it can only be added to the main panel.
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:15:38 AM by usraek

Steven

• Administrator
You can currently override whether the column browser is shown using a custom view and apply that custom view to the content you viewing in the main panel. The override would only apply when the custom view is being used. It seems you have tried that but i am not really understanding what you are saying the issue was exactly.
However i think i will probably add a tab level override for the column browser as that fits in with a tweak i want to make anyway

Bee-liever

However i think i will probably add a tab level override for the column browser as that fits in with a tweak i want to make anyway

I'm so hoping that's independently adjustable column browser column widths!!