Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233711 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Note sure if this has been reported or not:
It looks like a pixel or two needs to be added between the data and the edge of the window.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Spiron

I am getting an error with the tag editor when called from the Playing Tracks list.
do you mean it doesnt work at all or is there an actual error dialog. If there is an error, could you post the error dump.
Otherwise the bug is fixed for the next update

Just the bug. it doesn't spit out an error code, that was just my bad wording.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i still cant reproduce this. Is it only the auto-size menu command not working eg. if you manually resize columns does that work?

Manual resizing stayed where I put it
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Trying to give a playlist a name with a colon in it doesn't work.  I imagine it's related to filename restrictions, but there's no explanation, it just reverts to the previous name.

p.s. if playlists in a folder are duplicated, could they be automatically added to the same folder?
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:38:46 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If the left sidebar is in auto-open mode, you can't keep the panel open and click through the items (eg. playlists).
The mouse stops responding.
You have to move the cursor to close the panel, mouse-over to re-open the panel and make your next selection.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Custom search is not correctly filtering to local node only.  Click for GIF. (The rule is for Playlist, if it matters.)

Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:52:06 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

9ido

When you're editing the name of a playlist (rename) clicking anywhere else with the mouse does fail to get you out of edit modus. The only way out is <esc> of <enter>. Or is this intentional? I find it a bit odd, and I do get caught in editing mode by accident every now and then, it's uneasy to have to grab the keyboard to escape.

Steven

• Administrator
It looks like a pixel or two needs to be added between the data and the edge of the window.
i will need your current settings file as it looks like the panels are oversized for the window area. Also let me know which skin you are using if not the default one

Now if I use Auto-Size columns on the custom view, it is not saved, though.  The columns revert to previous size on restart, or even navigating away.
thats fixed for the next update

speaking of the compact player, is the Theater Mode option not functional yet?

If the left sidebar is in auto-open mode, you can't keep the panel open and click through the items (eg. playlists).
The mouse stops responding.
You have to move the cursor to close the panel, mouse-over to re-open the panel and make your next selection.

On the left sidebar, if I click on a filter (under Music) and put it into edit mode and then click on another filter, the first one (filter name) remains in edit mode.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:47:08 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Awesome!

Here's a weird thing I just came across in podcasts.  There are two "unplayed episode" sections, plus the "unknown subscription" section is showing unplayed episodes.

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Here's a weird thing I just came across in podcasts.  There are two "unplayed episode" sections, plus the "unknown subscription" section is showing unplayed episodes.
i would need your "Subscriptions.dat" file from the Podcasts sub-folder

Trying to give a playlist a name with a colon in it doesn't work.  I imagine it's related to filename restrictions, but there's no explanation, it just reverts to the previous name.
p.s. if playlists in a folder are duplicated, could they be automatically added to the same folder?
you are right about the reason - thats the same behavior as 2.5. I guess MB could write a message to the status bar
I dont understand the question (I do understand you could have a playlist and an auto-playlist the same name but still dont understand what you are proposing)

Custom search is not correctly filtering to local node only.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:38:34 PM by Steven

Blackened

having the left sidebar popup when dragging items is not currently supported (nor in 2.5). At some point i will have another attempt at getting that to work but not promising

Cool, thank you for reviewing my problem.

Would love to see if you make up few alternative to transfer my phone to my android player.

Thank you again Steven.

Steven

• Administrator
Would love to see if you make up few alternative to transfer my phone to my android player.
i am a little confused with your response. Firstly have i understood the issue you were raising? you are wanting to drag files to the device node in the left navigator, and the left navigator is hidden and doesnt auto-open when dragging

to sync ad-hoc files without using the left navigator, right click on the files/ send to/ device/ ...

syy

Did you know you can't give 0 star to rating field in tag editor, track information panel and playing tracks panel?
And i did it barely, hardly in artwork view it seems text field is in the way.
(sorry, i could unrate it by clicking below track rating. is it intended to do that??) ???
and when i click the ratings it seems to be off to the left
and when i try to rate album despite it doesn't appear when mouse over it shows me error message.
and it doesn't change ratings when i click in now playing tab

I can however input 0 star on main player controls and track detail view.
in album and track view you could show album ratings and rate it but now you can just display it.

And do you know that you can resize font of artists in artists view by changing first of the font size field
but it clips album count text?

my wish is (however) to be able to rate music on 'track with thumbnail' view on playing tracks panel, on-screen not by right-click context menu.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:24:54 PM by syy

Steven

• Administrator
And do you know that you can resize font of artists in artists view by changing first of the font size field
but it clips album count text?

Did you know you can't give 0 star to rating field in tag editor, track information panel and playing tracks panel?
if you mean you cant unrate then yes i find the same and thats fixed for the next update

and when i click the ratings it seems to be off to the left
and when i try to rate album despite it doesn't appear when mouse over it shows me error message.
which panel are you refering to with these?
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:09:36 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
i will need your current settings file as it looks like the panels are oversized for the window area. Also let me know which skin you are using if not the default one
I sent you a PM with the link the the settings file.  Note that I can't remember when I made the screenshot yesterday if the option to skin windows borders was enabled or not.  I was using the MB3 Default skin.  Using it now, with skin windows borders enabled, the positioning of that line of text is correct.  I can't restart MB now as I'm 13% into a 17,000+ track sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here