Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233346 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
the bug should be fixed now but i just noticed on your screenshot that the sort title text column is cut off on the left margin and also the Time field is not right aligned. Is it always like that for you? I cant reproduce either, although i guess you could have overriden the Time field alignment in the settings.

That's what I was trying to show you.  It will usually go away if I navigate away and back, but it always shows up again st some point (I think after a restart)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
@phred, i have sent a PM with the debug version link.
as soon as you see the playlist files being re-copied you can abort. The error log might be quite big but i really only need the last few entries as that will confirm the suspision i have

Steven

• Administrator
That's what I was trying to show you.  It will usually go away if I navigate away and back, but it always shows up again st some point (I think after a restart)
its because MB is sizing the pictures approx 15px too big but i dont know why that would be. Maybe send me your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

dazzerfong

Music speaker icon is fixed! Cheers!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Found this morning, but still happening on today's update.

I successfully created this playlist:

When I open it to edit, even if I don't make any changes, it won't save.  I just get this error:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5785.39316 (Win10.0), 3 Nov 2015 21:54:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=q_DlV0Qi4qrVoYcr9MTBIUChZz1LSpHCPKXYycaCGESTAO75knHSa8yJzqxxngb_U.#=qGt8pdQBZlk$aJkfZwSguhQ==()
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:59:28 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Unknown Sort Album Artist problem is fixed!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

9ido

When I double-click on an open playlist tab, the playlist starts playing (as it should) but it also opens the left sidebar, which is an odd combination of dual actions, and I think this must be a mistake, as this is the task it should perform on single click only.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:44:53 AM by 9ido

9ido

I lost my setting for wavebar twice by going back through the preferences windows, the first time closing them with 'save', second time with 'apply' and then 'save'. Third time around, I closed only the bottom panel preferences window with 'apply' and then 'save', then the panels configuration and preference windows with 'close' and this time around the setting finally kept.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
version: 3.0.5785.39316

over an hours tagging and no freezing glitch. changes made must have fixed it.
thanks  :)

found these ones:

1/.
in Album and Tracks view, selecting Header or sub-header highlights appropriate items.
right-click to access queuing options de-selects the items
not a problem with header in Track Detail view with grouping header.

2/.
after saving an item in display artist or display composer, you can't edit the "display" tag and re-save.
have to delete item and start again to change.

cursor is still not moving to next blank field when inputting multiple items, eg. musicians credits.
annoying as this has worked that way since introduction in 2.x series

2/.
If you happen to be in the middle of editing file tags when tracks are playing in the background, if the tracks happen to change while you have the editor open it loses focus momentarily and edits you make after that wont be saved.
It's as if the "One or more values have been amended......." screen should display but doesn't.
And that's editing an entirely different file from any that are playing, played or in the playlist.

The "One or more values have been amended......." screen now appears every time if the playing track changes while you are editing in tag editor.
Although this stops any loss of data as previously reported, it's unlike the 2.5 version where you can just keep working away without that pop-up.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:58:35 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

9ido

When opening the Music node, I get an empty screen and the error 'unable to open Music' in the status bar. The same happens for my recently added smart playlist. The playlists do open normally.

I also lost my setting not to show the column browser after closing and re-opening the Music node.

FWIW, After I opened the Inbox, and then going to Music, it opened. Then back to any playlist tab, back to Music, nothing there..

Alumni

I found a graphical glitch, to reproduce;

The panel layout is set to show the main menu in the caption bar, and the tabs bar below the caption bar.
With the drop down menu, change the location of the tabs bar, "show in caption bar".

The result is that the main menu and tabs bar are overlayed on top of each other.

9ido

I tried double clicking on the Music node (because I won't open) in the left side bar, and got presented with this,

MusicBee v3.0.5785.39316 (Win6.3), 4 Nov 2015 6:58:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qxvnBjT$aLqmRRUig_COHyS7YseteRw5ALAacg4hcbpHEG6Y66W$vcw_NPB59pxF2.#=qWBAucRuSLtmIEQMpNfpJ5Q==(IList`1 #=qId727vgLiPzgjFEB2sf7GQ==, Int32 #=q76BYE8YEMcZNq9rYWHU$dg==)
   at #=qxvnBjT$aLqmRRUig_COHyS7YseteRw5ALAacg4hcbpHEG6Y66W$vcw_NPB59pxF2..ctor(List`1 #=qjNPJFS4TWp9c_uOYN2BriQ==, Boolean #=qyS5VZ0qOTzcx71qaf30Obg==, #=qnUnKDwKlBo5UNcHnjbfVf0f3DGd5TLu7nZ$DoYr_7mc= #=qKuLHkZW1u_pd36JhOozdww==, Double #=q_NseBcpH33z7B_5QkarjsQ==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=qw3bOLTrkcCwDH305$0FMVg==, #=q$LfFyjou25JlTCP2$T8iituPy5RUUzyj7DYkThUKir0= #=qmtPo$NE9G1eduxf5GY384A==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=q24rN42XtMpa8ElqZwfluFuTuvheHXP0E_M0fSTL5pMk=(List`1 #=qPmXi44AtTg0jhn0pYVyWcw==, #=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qlLgSt0u3l3YK4$IAlAGZ0A==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=q1gZMlAM5NUoBL88RnH5Ypw==, #=qDuvXZ3shsR4RLH_xkDyUf7Yv1S4haIn7Djn6RlcfU3A= #=qe8q2GpxMrzxZNxC1ZBZ$qg==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qQubIA_H82pWbbOuQ8vwN$RQuRVP_1o1LesyzallPL2U=(#=q227F_UPm1pDHBE5q3XT2SxoMh_a2fvWacApvXNKsb5A= #=qE_wQD1mQzoNg9uWAqmQ8jQ==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=qm$NnfS7x_TpPKs_u5kw1xw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qFNg2I$Mr5yfVqDV06712Pw==.#=qGTm3g3F_gqVxZ3kI11meg0Ml3QqI_9ZanTEMKAa8sXc=(#=q9OCAT_wceHX7Gm2oqBUUDzpF5w3v1tSrc65Z6f1xAuWgqL9nmaXZOjDUZvHowhMI #=qBOHAD3H3KQXxIOAwVUMqXA==)
   at #=qyw8KZrIMIPOtc4BYKrLco7fdcXN9vPhAnZcm6qc3CK4=.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs #=q1CRxLM$dVwNhd_vjGt0ldg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qGOQJqWbtwGLRdGoE_V2NYyHaVSOcgPgDiwI1F9CStSk=.WndProc(Message& #=qsoUNSDT3CzvT1$QM91ChnA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

9ido

When opening the left sidebar with a click on an open tab, it doesn't display a border, like it does when it is otherwise open. Should this not be the same routine? And btw is there are reason for this behaviour: when you open the left sidebar from the icon in the statusbar, you can't close it with clicking on the tab and vice versa.

usraek

Hello Steven,

I've just tested the new version and it's great so far. The visual refinements come together nicely with some of the layout changes etc. I was a bit worried, change is hard, but this is a slick package.

I noticed a hold-over problem though, where the column browser cursor will not keep position after deleting content.

For example, I have artists (or albums) A through Z, and I'm deleting all of artist P's work thus removing P from the column list, the cursor then jumps back up and focuses on artist A and I need to scroll all the way back down to get to artist Q.

Thanks!

Here's a slick gif, because someone else did it and it was a great idea. lol