Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232988 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the above issues. Also the new Music Explorer panel now also shows the top tracks when a genre/ decade etc is selected

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
nothing should have been changed for the underlying syching functionality, only the GUI was redone.
The >100% status has been reported n 2.5 but i am unsure how to reproduce.
The files should still be synched first, except if each playlist has its own folder/files but that shouldnt be possible with ipods. Maybe send me your settings and let me know the device name
FWIW, I've never see >100% when syncing with 2.5.
I had to cancel the sync at 298% as the iPod was just about out of space.  I will be looking at it for dupe tracks, etc with 2.5 in a little while. The best way to describe what I saw when syncing with v3 would be this:
track 1
track 2
track 3
playlist A
track 4
track 5
playlist B
And I did recognize those tracks as belonging to the playlist immediately below each group.  
With 2.5 it looked like this:
track 1
track 2
track 3
track 4
track 5
playlist A
playlist B

Setting file link sent via PM
The device name is Classic

EDIT:  Checking the device in 2.5's sync preview shows that 4.9gb of files needs to be deleted.  I can't confirm, but it seems like these were copied as part of the playlist sync.
Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:21:12 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
just updated to ver: 3.0.5784.38169
Different tabs are not holding there previous view on restart.  They did in 3.05783.40920

Actually, it's only if you have multiple instances of the same tab open.
ie. I have the Music tab open in both 'Album and Tracks' view and 'Artwork' view, with custom views applied to both.
They now are both either 'Album and Tracks' view or 'Artwork' view when re-started - whichever view I selected last.
Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:39:18 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Different tabs are not holding there previous view on restart.  They did in 3.05783.40920
redownload and see if its fixed now

Bee-liever

redownload and see if its fixed now

Yep. Fixed. Working like it did before
and status bar is fixed too.
Thanks very much  :)

phred

• Global Moderator
This has fixes for the above issues. Also the new Music Explorer panel now also shows the top tracks when a genre/ decade etc is selected
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
Now Playing Assistant is fixed.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

dazzerfong

Hi, great work on getting 3.0 going! Only one small problem: whenever I click on the 'Now Playing' tab, I get this:
actually i realise now you are using quite a old version. Redownload from the same link to get the most recent

Indeed I am! Thank you, it's all good now!

Just a few more minor problems:

1. On non-standard DPI (>72 DPI) settings, or changed font settings for expanded view, the speaker icon is misaligned:

http://i.imgur.com/3pvb0a0.jpg

2. Touch screen scrolling works a bit slow on album view, unlike albums + tracks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The default view/restart issue seems to be fixed.  This curious bug with Sort Title in the main panel persists (often it goes away if I navigate to another node and back, but it always shows back up after a restart):

Also, the "unknown sort album artist" issue still persists.  Virtual tag won't update until I restart MB.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Sofocl

Unable to add "cue" using drag and drop.
Sorry for my bad English.

Bee-liever

sometimes, after selecting multiple items with Ctrl+left-click, if I then use Shift+Enter to bring up the Tag editor for those items, the mouse becomes unresponsive in MB.

I can still access the taskbar icon, shit between Compact, Mini and Main modes and music keeps playing.
Can use taskbar to close MB. Panel closes but music continues to play.
Using task manager shows MB has switched to running as a background task

After killing MB and restarting, this is in error log:
Code
03/11/2015 21:25:37 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5784.39481 - System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qtI5pWbeK$eU4rBylhwnWqA==(MethodInvoker #=qwTZoTY0KTjnPbAumlV$lSw==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qndR5jjDQkJhNKbxOL1Efug==()

Don't know if it's related, but lastFM also shows error when MB restarted and I have to log back in.

Steven

• Administrator
sometimes, after selecting multiple items with Ctrl+left-click, if I then use Shift+Enter to bring up the Tag editor for those items, the mouse becomes unresponsive in MB.
does the tag editor window show when this happens?
It would also be useful to know what you were doing immediately before it happened (including saving tags for another file) and whether the previous action or current action involved the current playing track. Also is your library auto-organised?
edit:
I have sent pm with a debug version link. I made a couple of changes so there is a small chance its already fixed
For the 2nd error, i think its unrelated but i have made a change so scrobbling would activate if a startup error occured

@phred, it might be helpful if you do a sync preview and see whether the preview looks as expected ie. no tracks on the list twice, playlists at the end. I tried last night with your settings and synching was fine for me, so i will probably have to create a debug version
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:07:21 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, it might be helpful if you do a sync preview and see whether the preview looks as expected ie. no tracks on the list twice, playlists at the end. I tried last night with your settings and synching was fine for me, so i will probably have to create a debug version
Hold off on preparing a debug version Steven.  I'll have more time later today to delete files off the Classic and perform another sync.  I always look at the Preview and yesterday saw that there were three hundred and whatever tracks to sync, which is about how many new tracks I added since the last sync, so I didn't look any further.  Today I'll do the same sync in 3.x and then 2.5 to see if they're both behaving the same.  And I'll also sync my Android device to see what happens there.

Thinking on what I reported as the behavior yesterday, I suppose that my recent syncs (before v3) had new tracks, but not tracks that were included in the playlists.  In that case, MB would show the tracks being sync'd first, and then show the playlists.  I just can't recall seeing tracks belonging to a playlist being transferred followed by the playlist and then more tracks and the next playlist.  I'm not saying it -didn't- happen before.  I'm just saying I don't -recall- it happening before.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
The default view/restart issue seems to be fixed.  This curious bug with Sort Title in the main panel persists (often it goes away if I navigate to another node and back, but it always shows back up after a restart):
Also, the "unknown sort album artist" issue still persists.  Virtual tag won't update until I restart MB.
the bug should be fixed now but i just noticed on your screenshot that the sort title text column is cut off on the left margin and also the Time field is not right aligned. Is it always like that for you? I cant reproduce either, although i guess you could have overriden the Time field alignment in the settings.

Bee-liever

does the tag editor window show when this happens?

No. Tag window doesn't show. Highlighted items remain on screen.

It would also be useful to know what you were doing immediately before it happened (including saving tags for another file)...

Saving tags to one of the files that I then include in the multiple selection

...and whether the previous action or current action involved the current playing track. Also is your library auto-organised?

No. Not the current playing track.  Yes. library is auto-organised. Also have an ASR preset that is auto-applied.

edit:
I have sent pm with a debug version link. I made a couple of changes so there is a small chance its already fixed
For the 2nd error, i think its unrelated but i have made a change so scrobbling would activate if a startup error occured

Have tried debug version for about 10 mins, but can't get error to occur again.  Will try for longer later today to see if it happens again.

phred

• Global Moderator
Hold off on preparing a debug version Steven.  I'll have more time later today to delete files off the Classic and perform another sync.  I always look at the Preview and yesterday saw that there were three hundred and whatever tracks to sync, which is about how many new tracks I added since the last sync, so I didn't look any further.  Today I'll do the same sync in 3.x and then 2.5 to see if they're both behaving the same.  And I'll also sync my Android device to see what happens there.

Thinking on what I reported as the behavior yesterday, I suppose that my recent syncs (before v3) had new tracks, but not tracks that were included in the playlists.  In that case, MB would show the tracks being sync'd first, and then show the playlists.  I just can't recall seeing tracks belonging to a playlist being transferred followed by the playlist and then more tracks and the next playlist.  I'm not saying it -didn't- happen before.  I'm just saying I don't -recall- it happening before.
I've done some experimenting with this and I think something odd is going on with v3.  First off, does the number of files to be processed in the sync include Playlists?  Using MB I deleted ten tracks from the Classic and then attempted a sync.  It showed that there were 93 files to sync.  But I also have 67 playlists.  So even if the "files to be processed" count includes playlists, something is off.  The preview showed the ten tracks I had deleted earlier and the playlists.  That still doesn't total 93.

Now that the sync taking place, many tracks are are showing as copying/copied that were not in the preview.  In the screenshot below, the circled tracks belong to the playlist indicated by the "squared" call-out immediately below those tracks.  And none of the ten tracks deleted before I started the sync belong to those playlists.  My contention is that MB is copying the tracks from each playlist despite that they're already on the Classic and don't need to be sync'd.  

And at some point after taking that screenshot, the "processing" indicator changed to this:

Yes, MB was still syncing when it changed to this.
And like yesterday, I had to abort the sync as the Classic was running out of free space.

Now looking at the Classic via 2.5, the ten tracks I deleted initially are there, having been sync'd via v3 but they're not showing in the playlist in which they belong.  Probably because I aborted the sync before it got to that playlist. However, the sync preview says there's 2gb of tracks that need to be deleted.  So the 2.5 snyc is now progressing and I'll see where I wind up.

Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, it looks like I'll need a debug version.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki