Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1247677 times)

Alumni

Not sure if this has been reported yet - there is a problem with the progress bar when using bitmap skins, I can't scrub ahead or back.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Not sure if this has been reported yet - there is a problem with the progress bar when using bitmap skins, I can't scrub ahead or back.

I can confirm this.

Also...

1/.
If multiple tracks are selected, then open the tag editor to "Lyrics" tab to tick "mark as having no lyrics".  The "lyrics:" checkbox also automatically gets checked as well.

2/.
If you happen to be in the middle of editing file tags when tracks are playing in the background, if the tracks happen to change while you have the editor open it loses focus momentarily and edits you make after that wont be saved.
It's as if the "One or more values have been amended......." screen should display but doesn't.
And that's editing an entirely different file from any that are playing, played or in the playlist.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

dazzerfong

Hi, great work on getting 3.0 going! Only one small problem: whenever I click on the 'Now Playing' tab, I get this:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5777.39487 (Win10.0), 2 Nov 2015 17:35:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qLYbYSeDEbqKh2v9raGNApeXx1NkTr8ooIrznlgEHg3k=..ctor(#=q7lWIb6XjdRGyEyzNAg_48KhGHpW3RjoJ1Jp1fMDun8E= #=qYCTft10K2VnrdJVq600OLQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qxdxhdrxdow9r4bTgM5ABsmwkbfKIH3YbKz8h4mjt0$w=..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qRdB_3jDaprFFmDpXiF38qA==(#=qUXROS4DTh_lxBdqMH4U3sfuE499eqtx74p_OfteYcD4= #=qleFaDvuQ$DAq$6e2ChwNI8AGKm3pjYrZ1cQNkVY5X5s=, Boolean #=qQfxirtmdinwksgcrdW77gUyOx5fUzbfgN5XA3jt2$4w=, #=qA9fxmY9To8g6X8RQ2PyqdA== #=qYncjL7vBWQuo78g6jvBOVQ==, #=qZW7cF5qbvh9CCD8vA11q9bo3I1DKLPEcuQbC5baY2hE= #=qxvEd4BfLsgzM8LH3BBQAIbbkzcL$X6g66RTFytAEltU=, #=qNgKaJJgxQakZ8gs0NiZQKPQvdsZF8Ot5jCmLqM5kg2w= #=qU3zz562Mjbv6l2GpzB0lWw==, #=qMg6s4rbQbrWHmd0tMHUTXhA7S3Garug1V8_vG7Le2Hc=[] #=qGDd3KIIsmPMi1VNbl2rZm96FoGy47VUUaJ2697GcHRU=, Boolean #=qWXotc4hz8Me7aztIDGFQbmvdWvcXes6rlXBWIAWUYNw=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3HpVQHb84JzE8LWsFO0kKQ==.#=qipfoRDbd$3bnXUz6unS1kwWr5Vm96qyb$E6_zgcrP6A=(#=q4_UW6fgvLpoCDFumhZGbDA== #=qACjS1NCIeRJ9fhkqeNEJZA==, Boolean #=q8VkhAlgq4ebX9iBYT3DAJEGa9PMog_pPdye_hH1LYq8=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3HpVQHb84JzE8LWsFO0kKQ==.#=qqNZ2DfQhZm_n1_5QZu6M4x$BfwkT78wiJTsXXCXroQw=(#=qBUV0xImnww2OIjZCh1$V5p$8H6XSUupM6gaNiZlavGMwOaNS9K7M7hcZa9JZDHet #=qtqciL81lRF9VRG9fXdTqIw==)
   at #=qKA1TfuZ$AwgW5KrReY_KVvkG0iUKjKh4wOzFLJTdbeI=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qK8Kw7HNPpFF3fd2OCCnZxg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3HpVQHb84JzE8LWsFO0kKQ==.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qXlq8rsJVulGieE5D3UNwfw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qesIwrbC2IW9sFNOoR8gzbstLWA5d69qVMuMS31srz3E=.WndProc(Message& #=q1QXkAUlsCFxulcEZZt7znQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
In any case, this is the second update in a row in which my "no filter" library view has switched to Track Details after installation (it had been on a custom Album & Tracks view).
p.s. could we have a way to "permanently" assign a custom view to the "no filter" library, just like for other filters?
i didnt change anything around this but keep in the mind the following:
- the No filter is simply the Music node and has a default view (as other nodes such as the Inbox do)
- each tab maintains a separate default view for each node while MB is running
- on exit of MB, the last chosen default view for each node is persisted (ie. across all tabs); and also the view for the active node on each tab is persisted
- so that means if the last thing you did was change the No filter view in another tab then thats what gets persisted and on restart if the library node isnt the active node it will now use new default view.
- the reason MB doesnt just save all default node views for each tab is the quantity of data that would need to be saved/ re-read on restart
- for specific filters/ playlists, as you know the view can be overriden. Keep in mind with that, you can change the view in the main panel while that playlist/ filter is active and that will update the playlist/ filter

just explaining how it works - i will give some consideration to improving things

IAAMRadio

I have not given the beta version a go yet but from what I am reading, v3.0 looks like an awesome improvement.

IAAM Radio

Pingaware

It would be really nice, if you can give us a choice of the alignment, I personally like "left" but MusicBee always use "centred" which doesn't look that good.

+1 to this suggestion, if only because I prefer centred over left. If nothing else, I do feel it should be consistent.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
just explaining how it works - i will give some consideration to improving things

Always good to clarify.  :)  But I promise I had not changed anything that should have affected the "default" music library view.  I *had* changed one of my filters to a track detail view, but it should only have affected that filter.  In fact, something like this just happened again.  I went to another filter with a very specific view, which was having a strange bug (screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/M2ZVNaL.png).  I restarted MB while I had that view up (I had not made any changes, just looked at the filter and taken the screenshot), and when it restarted the default view had taken on that filter. 

I can reproduce this now: visit filter, restart MB, now the default library uses the filter's view.  (Though, curiously, when it happens with a track details view, "no filter" has a grouping header, while the filter does not.)
Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:37:26 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Hi, great work on getting 3.0 going! Only one small problem: whenever I click on the 'Now Playing' tab, I get this:
actually i realise now you are using quite a old version. Redownload from the same link to get the most recent

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce this now: visit filter, restart MB, now the default library uses the filter's view.  (Though, curiously, when it happens with a track details view, "no filter" has a grouping header, while the filter does not.)
yes i can reproduce and its also the same behavior with playlists, so i will fix that

Steven

• Administrator
partial re-introduction of Multiple Tag Splitter cursor bug fixed before.
Cursor moves to first field ready for data input when splitter panel first opened
Clicking in '+' to add item, cursor disappears and you have to click the field to start entering info.
its working fine for me - it doesnt seem worth spending more time on this unless you are able to identify more to create the issue. Which splitter was it (i tried artist, genre, and custom tags which are the 3 types MB has)
for the 2nd issue, do you have the right main panel hidden in the other tabs (or some sort of other panel hide/ show override) ? I can reproduce the status summary text not re-adjusting if a tab has the right main panel hidden but its always flush with a panel edge which is not the case in your screenshot
edit: i can reproduce the same if the right sidebar is hidden in the other tab, so please confirm that is also the case for you

If multiple tracks are selected, then open the tag editor to "Lyrics" tab to tick "mark as having no lyrics".  The "lyrics:" checkbox also automatically gets checked as well.
that is intentional so blank lyrics are saved. Is it causing some additional problem?

If you happen to be in the middle of editing file tags when tracks are playing in the background, if the tracks happen to change while you have the editor open it loses focus momentarily and edits you make after that wont be saved.
It's as if the "One or more values have been amended......." screen should display but doesn't.
And that's editing an entirely different file from any that are playing, played or in the playlist.
i can reproduce focus being lost if the notification popup displays which i will try to address but for the tag editing i am not sure i understand what you are saying. I was able to continue editing and all changes made before and after the focus loss were saved.
Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:04:41 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven -

You had this fixed with the last update yesterday, but now it's acting up again.  
I select 4 tracks (in Track Details view) and right-click in the Lyrics panel in the right sidebar.  I then mark them as having no lyrics.  An "N" should appear in the Lyrics? column in Track Details, but it doesn't.  I have refreshed the view via F5.  I have gone to another node and returned.  The "N" does not show up. You can see in the screenshot that there is a check mark next to "Mark as having no lyrics" so MB knows there are in fact no lyrics.  But it's not showing up in the Details.

EDIT:  Issue caused by user stupidity/error.  Lyrics panel was set to "playing track" when it should have been set to "selected track."  I think i might be a good idea to show "[Playing}" the same way you currently show "[Selected]" because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made this mistake.  This should also be changed in the Track Information panel.

Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:26:19 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
View > Now Playing Assistant throws this error
Code
MusicBee v3.0.5783.40920 (Win6.1), 2 Nov 2015 14:12:

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qfSagsjSORQWPnhZANuAuCA==.#=qtI5pWbeK$eU4rBylhwnWqA==(ApplicationCommand #=qqtGelIWwYClzHU3VEcG6VA==, Object #=qbFNBoddBLH4WWr6ilyYLfQ==, IList`1 #=qtEMEWhH9nEG5S$7G$2Jbbw==)
   at #=qcT9XB_x4UMbxVmCp5cc5wlJiPLpTAXoCutf3SY5f2_0=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qENKpLcu5xpI5ZUgMzeqTwg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Should syncing to devices supposed to be working at this point?

I'm syncing 340 tracks from MB to my iPod Classic.  It's currently at "Processing... 275 of 340" but the status bar shows it as "106% complete." 

I am now noticing that the 275 isn't incrementing in sync with the number of tracks copied even though tracks are scrolling and changing from "copying" to "copied."   But this may be due to my next observation (below.)

With 2.5 the tracks were copied first and then the playlists.  3.0 seems to copy some tracks, then a playlist, then some tracks.  Watching closely it seems like it's copying the tracks from each playlist even though the tracks already exist on the device.  I don't know if I'm going to wind up with two copies of the tracks on playlists (one for the playlist and one for the library.)

It's been 10  minutes since I started this post and it's now showing "Processing 282 of 340 files" and a status bar completion of 158%.

I have to go do something but I'll let the sync continue.  If I notice anything more to add when I return, I'll edit this post.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
nothing should have been changed for the underlying syching functionality, only the GUI was redone.
The >100% status has been reported n 2.5 but i am unsure how to reproduce.
The files should still be synched first, except if each playlist has its own folder/files but that shouldnt be possible with ipods. Maybe send me your settings and let me know the device name

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
partial re-introduction of Multiple Tag Splitter cursor bug fixed before.
Cursor moves to first field ready for data input when splitter panel first opened
Clicking in '+' to add item, cursor disappears and you have to click the field to start entering info.
its working fine for me - it doesnt seem worth spending more time on this unless you are able to identify more to create the issue. Which splitter was it (i tried artist, genre, and custom tags which are the 3 types MB has)

I also tried those 3.  It works fine when you first open it - goes to the empty first slot.  It's after you do the first item and click the "+" button to add another item, the cursor does not move to the newly created field.  It was previously doing this in 3.0 and it does in 2.5.

for the 2nd issue, do you have the right main panel hidden in the other tabs (or some sort of other panel hide/ show override) ? I can reproduce the status summary text not re-adjusting if a tab has the right main panel hidden but its always flush with a panel edge which is not the case in your screenshot
edit: i can reproduce the same if the right sidebar is hidden in the other tab, so please confirm that is also the case for you

Yes,  it's having the right sidebar hidden in some tabs and not in others.  Closing and re-opening the sidebar will fix the issue.

If multiple tracks are selected, then open the tag editor to "Lyrics" tab to tick "mark as having no lyrics".  The "lyrics:" checkbox also automatically gets checked as well.
that is intentional so blank lyrics are saved. Is it causing some additional problem?

No problems. I didn't know it was supposed to do that.  I will stop unticking the lyrics: box.

i can reproduce focus being lost if the notification popup displays which i will try to address but for the tag editing i am not sure i understand what you are saying. I was able to continue editing and all changes made before and after the focus loss were saved.

Only the changes before the focus loss save for me.  Have to go back and re-enter the info and save.
BTW, I am using Windows 10 - if that might make a difference.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together