Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248928 times)

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
fixes for the above:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
Is this latest version supposed to address this issue?  If so, the behavior reported is unchanged.
I have the Playing Tracks panel at the bottom of the Main Panel.  I find that when I do List > Clear List the entire list clears as expected.  But when I close and then reopen MB one (and only one) of the tracks that was in the Playing Tracks list reappears.  I've also tried placing the NP panel in the left sidebar and the right sidebar and I get the same behavior.  
EDIT:  I think I've narrowed it down to the track that was last played is the track that reappears after close/open.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

LDGEB

Most other problem seem to be fixed. In regard to the problem below I will send my files via PM with the ID "msg97767"
Edit: Taskbar media control disappear when change mode
1) Open MB, my was in Compact Mode when I quit/exit MB so it will open in Compact
2) Maximize it so it change to main player
3) Compact it again
4) Hover mouse over MusicBee on taskbar. The media control will disappear and no longer possible to use until you restart MB.
i cant reproduce this. Maybe send me your settings or perhaps there is an extra step involved?
this sounds like the advanced tag tools plugin. boroda74 might not be reading this topic so i suggest you report this on that plugin topic
[/quote]
Didn't notice this was part of a plugins. Thank you
Relative artworks location.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
fixes for the above:

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

The first time I tried to start MB after installing this update, it threw an exception and the error log opened:

Code
10/29/2015 8:18:58 PM - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5780.34349 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qhvleXxCvwVav$Y_vDiA29amiSdHLPLpTHdwFyDWA4vE=' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\BNZ.5632c580fecd7\Configuration.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at #=qhvleXxCvwVav$Y_vDiA29amiSdHLPLpTHdwFyDWA4vE=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qhvleXxCvwVav$Y_vDiA29amiSdHLPLpTHdwFyDWA4vE=.#=qAIxFhsjHEZmyhbfVpn19Fw==()
   at #=q2$QDrQ3JyfIirCwbchderRk0XvHbg___BRfkXsECiz4=.#=qPC1NxrAnlJf5Se6Snuw2lg==(#=qSa4yca5SzC90e7V3GecpFAdNwjgBlWwbykFef0Sldy8= #=qDFHMNdCaJ3pBCkFl96h2Zw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qgtW0RtmZt6c5M8my697X5w==(String[] #=qLq4Ui$OaiRzeqjgMSwTFDA==)

The second time, it opened just fine.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Has the exception to allow changing ratings and love tracks in the main panel, even if the option in
Preferences> Tags(2)> tag handling> enable direct editing of tags in the main panel
is not enabled, been removed in v3.0?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Has the exception to allow changing ratings and love tracks in the main panel, even if the option in Preferences> Tags(2)> tag handling> enable direct editing of tags in the main panel
is not enabled, been removed in v3.0?
thats correct

Steven

• Administrator
The first time I tried to start MB after installing this update, it threw an exception and the error log opened:
thats a very strange one as it appears to be some internal .net file. I guess just let me know if it happens more

Bee-liever

thats correct

Good.  I wont report it as a bug then  ;)

Bee-liever

version: 3.0.5780.34349

When using the Library Filter Manager panel, there is no scroll bar so you can only access the first 8 filters.
Clicking 'Add New' takes you directly to the Filter Editor panel, with no ability to enter a name for the new filter.

scartez

Hi! Using v3.0 demo and so far liking it a lot.
Question: Why the stop button was removed from the default skin? Is it possible to put it back?
Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:02:50 PM by scartez

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Question: Why the stop button was removed from the default skin? Is it possible to put it back?

Hold down Shift for the stop button.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
for the default skin, the stop button doesnt show for when the progress bar is displayed in the middle of the panel (to make more space available and keep the layout balanced), metro buttons are enabled and when the wavebar is displayed

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The sidebar player is not showing up when the right sidebar is in auto-hide mode:

I have show track text turned off, and show all controls turned on.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the above issues and the first cut of the new explorer called "Music Explorer", accessible from the left navigator under the "Now Playing" node:
- it defaults to the current playing artist and shows the albums and top ranked tracks for that artist
- also displayed on the page are associated links (defaulting to genres/ deades but others can be added)
- the panel has a link to show the similar artists in your library and you can also browse/ play music from similar artists from the Xbox music catalog
- the panel has a link to show/ play more albums from the artist that are from the Xbox music catalog
- you can search for artists in your library using the search box

i havent tested extensively and no doubt there will be something i have overlooked. Please report any bugs/ suggestions and i will spend time testing more myself

Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:39:34 PM by Steven