Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233019 times)

mless

There is another problem with the artwork in the "Track Information" panel. I have an album playing and a few seconds before the end of a track the album cover disappears from "Track Information" and reappears when the next track starts. For some albums the album does not disappear completely, but the bottom of the image becomes grey, like when an image fails to completely load.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is another problem with the artwork in the "Track Information" panel. I have an album playing and a few seconds before the end of a track the album cover disappears from "Track Information" and reappears when the next track starts. For some albums the album does not disappear completely, but the bottom of the image becomes grey, like when an image fails to completely load.

I can confirm this.  Just as the track is ending, the image appears to become corrupted somehow.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
could both of you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

mless

Sent.
By the way, I changed the font for the lines in that panel, and sometimes the text gets truncated on the bottom, like there is not enough room for each line. See the second line:

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven
Thanks for the suggestion, I managed to get my playlists syncing by changing the path from "Playlists\" to "Portable Device\Internal Storage\Playlists". I assumed the device settings would automatically detect the correct path, but problem solved anyway.
it shouldnt matter. Would you mind send me the settings again so i can compare with your older ones?

A very strange error I noticed recently - can anyone else confirm? When analyzing volume and applying replaygain tags, MusicBee has been intermittently skipping tracks seemingly at random.
Although it says "operation completed successfully", checking the files with a tag inspector reveals that some tracks are missing the replaygain tags. The errorlog doesn't contain any entries for this, and I haven't yet figured out a pattern.
I have tried this on a few albums and cant reproduce. However looking at the code i do see one thing i want to change, so if it keeps happening after today's update then let me know

Hi have been using version 3 without big problems untill today when musicbee threw out this error:
i think this is from a change i made yesterday and should be fixed for the next update
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:24:38 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

@mless & psychoadept, i have probably fixed the album artwork display corruption although i cant be completely sure

mless

I can't reproduce it now so it looks fixed!

Would it be possible in 3.0 to allow for more than 7 lines ("fields") in the track information? I use this panel to display a lot of info about albums and tracks and I'd like to have a few more lines.

coffeecup

Nice one, that seems to have fixed my error.

Steven

• Administrator
Would it be possible in 3.0 to allow for more than 7 lines ("fields") in the track information? I use this panel to display a lot of info about albums and tracks and I'd like to have a few more lines.
feel free to make requests as others might comment  but i am in no position at the moment to consider them. In a few weeks when i have a beta ready version that has the remaining planned changes done, then i will ask people to re-request as there are too many things already.

mless

Sure!

A few other problems with the same panel:

1 - In 2.5 when the panel is configured as "Selected Track" and you select an album in the artwork view (no track selected), the line with the field <Title> does not show (probably because the variable is null), so we only see the album name / artist. In 3.0 it shows the name of the first track of the album with its track number.

2 - Clicking any weblink throws: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.

3 - Clicking the file URL does nothing.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
When using Tools> Tagging Tools> Renumber Tracks
If number padding is turned off, all single digit figures (ie 1 thru 9) are erased.

UPDATE
You can't manually enter a single digit number in the track# field

Didn't get that far because I discovered this:
i expect the main panel is being displayed using a custom view and you are editing the default Album & Tracks layout

Yep. You are right. Do I feel like a complete idiot or what  ::)
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:22:31 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

colagen

An error which appear at startup.
My setting file is here http://www.mediafire.com/view/n6qq7jzvrwi2l86/MusicBee3SettingsDemo.ini

MusicBee v3.0.5778.33649 (Win10.0), 27 oct. 2015 22:49:

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qllOBg2R2whBD6CaZTPrQBfLzJkcpFQH2mdUVrC1tm70=.#=qygYEWXHkThfuOhkchk2Eg9DF4fnLN5mCL4G4Mf__Tzc=(String[] #=qFR_oTpSE$1lp170f5ARYrg==, Boolean #=qJIPgfRQiWLsiLX9CFLbmheUxMxpE1v$rjol_cn0E6ac=, Boolean #=qmuIViEfYCvJ6cDkQZg5BycHYASvaXqT2lFK_tpr30eM=)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qllOBg2R2whBD6CaZTPrQBfLzJkcpFQH2mdUVrC1tm70=.#=qe5H1X$cj13JWF7dSP1tVcsaxT9RXOVU16NMJQ0dyNM4=(String #=q4jqgmq76YvTA3CTALymDWg==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qwEy4QqghD8vciZC2VXw6TA==(String[] #=qmJ_WGZn7u3zbf4IQaf2C4A==)
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:55:56 PM by colagen

Steven

• Administrator
An error which appear at startup.
this should fix the startup error. However i notice than when the left sidebar is unhidden, it doesnt show the library explorer so i will fix that at a later date. You would need to restart MB with the panel unhidden so it shows on the next retsrat. or configure the sidebar to auto-open

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

darkred

As a continuance to this thead "enlarge progress bar height should also apply when docking player controls in right sidebar" ,
I tried as suggested the latest beta, build 5778 (win 10x64) to see if that's available in the new version (it is available?)

But, unfortunately it seems I can't dock the dock the player controls in the right sidebar(top) -they are on the bottom pane now-.
I tried clicking Configure Layout, but it's not possible to drag the 'player controls' item from bottom panel to right sidebar.

This this a screenshot of my layout

Alumni

it shouldnt matter. Would you mind send me the settings again so i can compare with your older ones?

Ok, sent to you.

I have tried this on a few albums and cant reproduce. However looking at the code i do see one thing i want to change, so if it keeps happening after today's update then let me know

The latest build seems to have fixed it, thanks.