Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233271 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
version 3.0.5777.39487

If using Artwork field in Track Detail configuration when using grouping header:
  • when first opened blank Artwork overlaid on grouping header
  • change to another tab and back and panel displays correctly
  • change sorting and artwork from a different album is overlaid on grouping header
  • again, change to another tab & back, panel displays correctly.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i can reproduce clicking on title and the # field disappearing and will fix that but i have no idea how you managed to get multiple # fields in there.

I try to add them from the "Set Displayed Fields" pop-up, and then I restart MB. And then I can't get rid of them. (edit: Actually, I hacked the settings file to get rid of them.)

GIF: http://i.imgur.com/B8DGZEo.gif

Album Artwork appears to still be cut off if the tracks continue beyond the bottom of the artwork.
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:19:00 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is it intentional that when you do a CTRL+A, all the empty space is selected, too?

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Album Artwork appears to still be cut off if the tracks continue beyond the bottom of the artwork.
can you post a screenshot so i can measure things

Alumni

i have sent you a PM with a debug version

Ok, I repeated the steps and here's what the log shows:

~~~

27/10/2015 19:46:10 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
27/10/2015 19:46:10 - Portable Device\Internal storage\Playlists\Rap New Favs.m3u,folder=o56,1,files=134
27/10/2015 19:46:10 - root=null

edit:
error log removed
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:59:13 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) before you make any changes.
Its appears somehow the specified storage root folder for the device is no longer valid. You can set that in the device settings panel

Alumni

can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) before you make any changes.
Its appears somehow the specified storage root folder for the device is no longer valid. You can set that in the device settings panel

Sure, I just sent it.

I'm not sure why the storage folder would be invalid, what setting would you recommend?
By the way, I'm using MTP if that makes any difference.
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:11:51 AM by Alumni

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I don't have psychoadept's problems with the artwork cut-off and selection errors, and was testing to see if it might be caused by the position of the extra fields displayed - under artwork vs right of artwork.

Didn't get that far because I discovered this:

3.0 is displaying what I have set in 2.5 but the configuration panel is not updating.  I think these are the settings I was using when I first installed 3.0Demo.

This is the settings that are currently in 2.5:
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

coffeecup

Hi have been using version 3 without big problems untill today when musicbee threw out this error:
MusicBee v3.0.5777.39487 (Win10.0), 27 Oct 2015 11:10:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qLYbYSeDEbqKh2v9raGNApeXx1NkTr8ooIrznlgEHg3k=..ctor(#=q7lWIb6XjdRGyEyzNAg_48KhGHpW3RjoJ1Jp1fMDun8E= #=qYCTft10K2VnrdJVq600OLQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qxdxhdrxdow9r4bTgM5ABsmwkbfKIH3YbKz8h4mjt0$w=..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qRdB_3jDaprFFmDpXiF38qA==(#=qUXROS4DTh_lxBdqMH4U3sfuE499eqtx74p_OfteYcD4= #=qleFaDvuQ$DAq$6e2ChwNI8AGKm3pjYrZ1cQNkVY5X5s=, Boolean #=qQfxirtmdinwksgcrdW77gUyOx5fUzbfgN5XA3jt2$4w=, #=qA9fxmY9To8g6X8RQ2PyqdA== #=qYncjL7vBWQuo78g6jvBOVQ==, #=qZW7cF5qbvh9CCD8vA11q9bo3I1DKLPEcuQbC5baY2hE= #=qxvEd4BfLsgzM8LH3BBQAIbbkzcL$X6g66RTFytAEltU=, #=qNgKaJJgxQakZ8gs0NiZQKPQvdsZF8Ot5jCmLqM5kg2w= #=qU3zz562Mjbv6l2GpzB0lWw==, #=qMg6s4rbQbrWHmd0tMHUTXhA7S3Garug1V8_vG7Le2Hc=[] #=qGDd3KIIsmPMi1VNbl2rZm96FoGy47VUUaJ2697GcHRU=, Boolean #=qWXotc4hz8Me7aztIDGFQbmvdWvcXes6rlXBWIAWUYNw=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qEV4ZXBvJnMC98TRYi3pDxw==(String[] #=qIq26FLaECM9oETNoVS02VA==)

I tried going back to earlier update but still got error.

Steven

• Administrator
Didn't get that far because I discovered this:
i expect the main panel is being displayed using a custom view and you are editing the default Album & Tracks layout

Steven

• Administrator
Hi have been using version 3 without big problems untill today when musicbee threw out this error:
please PM me a link to your settings file: help/ support/ View Settigs or (MusicBee3DemoSettings.ini in the AppData folder if you cant start MB

Alumni

A very strange error I noticed recently - can anyone else confirm? When analyzing volume and applying replaygain tags, MusicBee has been intermittently skipping tracks seemingly at random.

Although it says "operation completed successfully", checking the files with a tag inspector reveals that some tracks are missing the replaygain tags. The errorlog doesn't contain any entries for this, and I haven't yet figured out a pattern.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
can you post a screenshot so i can measure things

Still shot:

GIF: http://i.imgur.com/tOqZ6mF.gif

On my screen I could see the missing piece of the artwork flicker for second when I refreshed, but the FPS of the GIF is probably too low.
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:28:17 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Alumni

@Steven
Thanks for the suggestion, I managed to get my playlists syncing by changing the path from "Playlists\" to "Portable Device\Internal Storage\Playlists". I assumed the device settings would automatically detect the correct path, but problem solved anyway.