Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233677 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Now Playing preferences:
- Highlight playing track in now playing panel: playing track is not highlighted
- Highlight playing track in the main panel: playing track is not highlighted
- Color picker for Highlight playing track in main panel lets me select a color but it doesn't change on the preferences page
     - in highlight playing track in main panel click on 'color text'
     - color picker opens
     - pick color then OK
     - click Apply or Close
     - color does not change
- in the screenshot, both options have the same color (red) selected but only one changes.  And neither show as red in the Now Playing panel or the Main panel.
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:35:44 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
- Rip CD with tracks to Inbox (G:\Music Temp\Working) (G:\ is a partition on a local drive)
- Add lyrics, correct case, fix tagging errors, etc
- In Track Details view select all tracks > right-click > Send to > Folder (Move) > Move Files to Organized Folder (Z:\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>)   (The Z:\ drive is mapped from a NAS where all the music tracks live)
- Tracks appear in the organized folder
- Tracks in the Inbox remain visible, but the track count on the Inbox node (left sidebar) disappears
- Click on anything else in the left sidebar (Music, Podcasts, Radio, Playlists, Drive/Folder in computer node) and then go back and click on Inbox and the tracks are gone

Inbox after rip and tag but before move to organized folder:

Inbox after move to organized folder:
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:37:12 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
this fixes most of the issues reported above
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

White stripes due to subheader confirmed fixed.

Issue with iTunes Compilation confirmed fixed.

Haven't observed any more problems with those lists, but that one's harder to say definitively.

There are still issues with making selections in Album & Tracks view.  Depending on where you click on the artwork, it might select all tracks, a specific subgroup, or no tracks.  Unselecting doesn't always work as expected, either.  I think this is also related to the subgrouping headers.  GIF here: http://i.imgur.com/qBlrCVF.gif

This is an issue that also exists in 2.5, but it came up again while testing: I have an auto-organize exception with the rule Album Track Count = 1, but it often (maybe always, hard to be sure) doesn't get applied when tracks are first moved into the library.  If I open the auto-organize screen after adding an assortment of new tracks, there are almost always a handful of the Album Track Count = 1 tracks that were organized according to the main template and need to be fixed.  (Maybe related: when is album track count updated?  Because when I make a change to the album artist for a track, Album Track Count becomes 0, and refreshing/rescanning does not update it.  So far the only way I can find to force it to update is to restart MB.)

Edit:  This was happening in the previous version, too.  Every time I think I've figured it out, the exact cause eludes me.  My mouse wheel often stops working after I make an edit in the tag editor.  Here's another GIF: http://i.imgur.com/zVKYUng.gif

...and because I'm using the Tag Inspector as a workaround, I discovered that not all tags are available when you try to add a new tag.  Specifically, I tried to add Sort Album Artist and it gave me TXXX/SORT ALBUM ARTIST instead of TSO2.  None of the Sort tags show up in the drop-menu in Tag Inspector.

A final related observation: I use a virtual tag for sorting & grouping in album & tracks view, which uses Sort Album Artist if there's a manual value entered.  If I remove the manual Sort Album Artist from a track, instead of substituting Album Artist or another value based on the virtual tag it just says Unknown Sort Album Artist until I restart MB (maybe the same problem as Album Track Count?).
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:24:12 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Every time I think I've figured it out, the exact cause eludes me.  My mouse wheel often stops working after I make an edit in the tag editor.  Here's another GIF: http://i.imgur.com/zVKYUng.gif

Also experiencing the mouse wheel no longer working after making an edit in the tag editor.
I think it only occurs when you use "; " item splitter.
Might also have something to do with the problem that when accessing the "Multiple Tag Splitter" using the ellipsis button ("..."),
the cursor no longer automatically jumps to first/vacant item for immediate editing.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Every time I think I've figured it out, the exact cause eludes me.  My mouse wheel often stops working after I make an edit in the tag editor.  Here's another GIF: http://i.imgur.com/zVKYUng.gif

Also experiencing the mouse wheel no longer working after making an edit in the tag editor.
I think it only occurs when you use "; " item splitter.
Might also have something to do with the problem that when accessing the "Multiple Tag Splitter" using the ellipsis button ("..."),
the cursor no longer automatically jumps to first/vacant item for immediate editing.
i cant reproduce this (i will fix the cursor placement but i would expect thats unrelated). So if you can guys can definitely confirm the specific circumstances that would be helpful. Looking at the code specifically for the tag splitter, i see nothing that could potentially affect the mouse operations, but the autocomplete dialog i could imagine might cause problems if MB didnt close things properly eg. is there a specific way you are closing the auto-complete dialog
edit:
i would say its definitely most likely the auto-complete dialog somehow not being closed properly as MB would be redirecting the mouse wheel events to a no longer active popup but i cant see how that would happen
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:04:54 AM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
So if you can guys can definitely confirm the specific circumstances that would be helpful.

Seriously weird this one.
I think you're right that it's "definitely most likely the auto-complete" causing this somehow.

Mouse wheel scroll works fine.
Take note that "Stnd" Lyric tag is shown and lyrics exist.
Using the "Musician Credit List" tag, notice that the previous entry list changes as you mouse-over the items.
Second entry does not show up in list until I mouse-over the visible entry.
After selecting "Update" then "Save",  scroll-wheel no longer works.
Also can be seen that tag for lyrics changes to "?" for no lyrics saved.
File rescan fixes this but not mouse scroll-wheel.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Seriously weird this one.
I think you're right that it's "definitely most likely the auto-complete" causing this somehow.
are you using the version posted yesterday?
edit:
although i cant reproduce the mouse over changing the text i have made a change that should address that. Its probably the bug psychoadept is having when clicking and item and MB choses a different item but i dont think it would relate to the mouse wheel issue.
I have also made a change for the mouse wheel, but again its a guess

this fixes most of the issues reported above, but not the library stats update issue which i will fix later
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:44:50 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
This is an issue that also exists in 2.5, but it came up again while testing: I have an auto-organize exception with the rule Album Track Count = 1, but it often (maybe always, hard to be sure) doesn't get applied when tracks are first moved into the library.  If I open the auto-organize screen after adding an assortment of new tracks, there are almost always a handful of the Album Track Count = 1 tracks that were organized according to the main template and need to be fixed.  (Maybe related: when is album track count updated?  Because when I make a change to the album artist for a track, Album Track Count becomes 0, and refreshing/rescanning does not update it.  So far the only way I can find to force it to update is to restart MB.)
this should be fixed now:

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
this should be fixed now:

The mouse wheel problem appears to be fixed!

The Album Track Count/Sort Album Artist update issues seem to be fixed.

Selection by clicking the artwork is working correctly now, but clicking the artist header no longer selects anything and the white space is still selecting things, sometimes really unexpected things.  :)  GIF: http://i.imgur.com/OimMAfZ.gif

I now see Sort Composer in the Tag Inspector list, but Sort Album Artist still produces TXXX/Sort Album Artist (it's shown in the list from when I tried to enter it before).  There are duplicate entries in the list (ITUNES COMPILATION appears twice, for instance, as does EPISODE DATE) and trying to actually add a tag results in this message when I hit Save:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5776.24286 (Win10.0), 25 Oct 2015 10:07:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qFVnTf5SxxoEB5tLlkoLvh2zT75LJs_MT4m9vhBmb9$g=.#=q0fKjOQKB2jJNlBMuKyXzzw==.#=qeqHw1tCUb3PaK4jMDb9_xH$b1q0pSaiOtQNMFeEEhxs=(Int32 #=q7isS0czSTz3hO4bBhE$_kA==, Int32 #=qGAayvv9nuCWjaCzIXrHy$Q==)
   at #=qFVnTf5SxxoEB5tLlkoLvh2zT75LJs_MT4m9vhBmb9$g=.#=q83gDrmESZ1mgNAEwGgDaT5SulxZa9p26IkI$_HIr2Po=.#=qG$tc9Db5xG8PDosaqch1uw==()
   at #=qums2l_JCICHU9GUrwG3RT8E6JqdNemuwCXxEEyjKCok=.#=qAQCALgKeWEj56UKDpGp6HA==()
   at #=qums2l_JCICHU9GUrwG3RT8E6JqdNemuwCXxEEyjKCok=.#=qn3fvllndcpy9ARaAakLJdmJR8d9cupnjwayrqlU6vjs=(Object #=qGFlskwZXBggAdunvxJd2KA==, EventArgs #=qi3EPATePa53pVpdZn6mwRQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=qRvXPOcTjcdR3eBUw9B714zKPop8SaVQJFLGYY2FeLSo=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qhy_2LwL1yI0N4ZXkccOkTw==)
   at #=qRvXPOcTjcdR3eBUw9B714zKPop8SaVQJFLGYY2FeLSo=.#=qFreLcjfE2AXVcvRyiNHPMEriU9cHb_dnztojVLedpfc=(Object #=q6cC9KJXkaiacPlTIkqd8Ig==, EventArgs #=qDrb0PjaOupHSHuynqfdZzw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It clears when I hit okay, but I still have to hit cancel to close the window, and no tag is saved.

I will keep an eye on the auto-organize thing, but I trust that it is fixed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
The latest 3.x demo fixes the most recent issues I posted:
- Highlighted color for playing track in the Now Playing and Main panels is working
- Color picker works as expected
- Inbox tracks disappear once organized move is completed

Thank you Steven

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
In 2.5 when I right-click on a podcast episode I can select 'delete' and the episode is removed from MB and deleted from the drive.
In 3.x when I right-click on a podcast episode 'delete' isn't in the menu, but 'remove' is.  Is this an intentional change and is the functionality any different between the two?

And I have just noticed that in 3.x the 'removed' episode gets grayed-out but remains on the list until I select a different node in the left sidebar and then return to the Podcast node.  This is similar to the previously reported (and fixed) issue with the Inbox still showing tracks that had been moved.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
And I have just noticed that in 3.x the 'removed' episode gets grayed-out but remains on the list until I select a different node in the left sidebar and then return to the Podcast node.  This is similar to the previously reported (and fixed) issue with the Inbox still showing tracks that had been moved.
i will check out the wording. When a podcast file is deleted, it will remain in the list as a web link if the subscription still publishes the link. Thats the same behavior as v2.5

Steven

• Administrator
I now see Sort Composer in the Tag Inspector list, but Sort Album Artist still produces TXXX/Sort Album Artist (it's shown in the list from when I tried to enter it before).  There are duplicate entries in the list (ITUNES COMPILATION appears twice, for instance, as does EPISODE DATE) and trying to actually add a tag results in this message when I hit Save:
the actual error thrown should be fixed and the duplication probably fixed. The click selection handling should be addressed and the podcast deletion wording corrected.
Also fixes an error potentially thrown when organising inbox files

mless

I get a null reference exception when switching tabs. If I then close MusicBee right after the error, it becomes impossible to start it again, I get the error on startup. I sent you my config file. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
that should be fixed now - redownload the same link