Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233817 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Have noticed a few areas that are not being rendered by any skin element.
thanks and i will fix these. For future skin related issues, could they be posted:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16643.msg97230#new
thats so i can focus on developing/ fixing features before focusing on skinning issues

Steven

• Administrator
I'm occasionally getting songs cross-fading when the setting isn't on.  This seems to happen when going between songs from different albums.
its not something i can reproduce. So can you try turning it on, setting the cross fade period to a largish number such as 10 seconds and also untick the "do not cross-fade albums" setting and then turn the setting off. On playing tracks, do you get any cross-fading?

Steven

• Administrator
I've now seen another list where it didn't want to pick the item I clicked on.  It was an autocomplete list in the tag editor, kept picking the one above (which was also the first one).
i am struggling to see what this could be. The next it happens would you mind taking a screenshot as that might give me a clue

The first time I used my "Restart MusicBee" button, most of my layout settings were reset to default (at least, I assume it's default).  Specifically, the left and right sidebars, the thumbnail and column browsers, and the player panel were reset.  The toolbar remained in the caption bar.  Further resets seem to be fine. (I had also just canceled a sync when I used the restart command, if that matters.)
i believe i found the cause for this and should be fixed for the next update
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:11:39 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this fixes most of the issues reported above, plus a couple of bugs when editing multiple files in the Tag Editor and Tag Inspectpr
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

Alumni

Today something went very wrong resulting in my settings file being reset. At the time I was trying to sync to my device and when the operation failed I closed MusicBee on the device settings screen. When I opened it again everything was back to default.
Here's the last couple entries from the errorlog:

~~~

24/10/2015 09:04:16 - Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
24/10/2015 09:04:16 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5773.39007 - System.Exception: delete J:\Music\The Dave Brubeck Quartet\Angel Eyes\07 - The Night We Called It a Day.mp3 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at #=qMh9aszINjcEanRcZ1ZfOxGlKLSZ2aQsI1TqJP6AtVSM=.#=qcb3V8pHFGTGi_7ErNvhbGShtyk0BAb2CtY_fVMwID5A=(#=qQmBSStjSDaJ5qeSKXANtuQ== #=qWDs3NqI79lghOTIXcH6tYA==)
   at MusicBee.Media.StorageManager.#=qiSFiBpcj$od_AxY1PXEO0ckjZSk_CN_YELEeal9XhXc=(#=qQmBSStjSDaJ5qeSKXANtuQ== #=qgimpfOfe_sdK_uiZ0n9a_A==)
   at #=qYnlq6$P1Ghgu2crWL62H1QTZTBg_JICMTyPThJ3XIAU=.#=qxLJ9P_xIekzefJVhgPrLEQxwCLCAbH9nxoDQsm8lRqY=(Boolean #=qT9aflpVu3BxZ$XEgtkhOxQ==)
   at #=qYnlq6$P1Ghgu2crWL62H1QTZTBg_JICMTyPThJ3XIAU=.#=qQWVQKcKPcABMjVRbs6byZQ==(SortOrder #=qShfk3GTgyu_IFgLspv4ZUg==)
   at #=qYnlq6$P1Ghgu2crWL62H1QTZTBg_JICMTyPThJ3XIAU=.#=qcSlXDCkmwXzqNa78NAckZA==(#=q1ypf2P6_670GkulQCjnUPlqSvuCEACyOWO1BoxYlcYU=[] #=qzGoXV4Wu6Tsl1G1a6aHMwg==, List`1 #=qnyCaSEuIE8hyf3FotFSRzQ==)
   at #=qYnlq6$P1Ghgu2crWL62H1QTZTBg_JICMTyPThJ3XIAU=.#=qEYj$ousrbvRrR61l$HWLMg==(#=q1ypf2P6_670GkulQCjnUPlqSvuCEACyOWO1BoxYlcYU=[] #=qeggNzf5yQg$VwP1fban5Sw==)
   at #=qMh9aszINjcEanRcZ1ZfOxGlKLSZ2aQsI1TqJP6AtVSM=.#=qpn_YmMJ28Lx0FeMWxFCeNA==(#=q1ypf2P6_670GkulQCjnUPlqSvuCEACyOWO1BoxYlcYU= #=qZanwdFnqeVFXiHtNfQDqVA==, Boolean #=qBgknifi4g8Wmwe5OZLGQrw==)
   at #=qC1tDVf$vP1cCOKny5W1f4U73nuDHwpj9__F8UrPzyWI=.#=qzXtMZbSpQzUiPgZpLpFswWtvy$FobS_oepI7MjgAQFs=(#=q1ypf2P6_670GkulQCjnUPlqSvuCEACyOWO1BoxYlcYU= #=qVFX5imklgY9SF_$nMQDDJw==, HashSet`1 #=qi6Yk$7X$86xPUKlL6GBcig==, Object #=qCddWpZbZXVnuPbSPhcsup6cae$57LpVxaxcW_Nd7c38=)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

24/10/2015 09:04:16 - Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
24/10/2015 09:04:25 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5773.39007 - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at #=qc3Vgre53R$P2N_trXHo27SqgkXNWyQay5ag4bbd9VBF2FzhfEjmvPRFkzHoNyJy6.#=qW8SIY6FRFy_Yx$anKWMx1w==.#=qC2uGgZ7Tm_XFGHDdmeUrpQ==(#=qBVNkP1mEQPDZK94alTBrBkPlLHswlJGghe8AJ4_3ueY= #=quWJYydqLGsc3plFxrE5GgA==)
   at #=qc3Vgre53R$P2N_trXHo27SqgkXNWyQay5ag4bbd9VBF2FzhfEjmvPRFkzHoNyJy6.#=qixv4u9eUBggoUa8aip70sg==(#=qBVNkP1mEQPDZK94alTBrBkPlLHswlJGghe8AJ4_3ueY= #=qw0TPvDYWTisudJjwx9vepQ==)
   at #=qumME2_rj4fkG4FtLfhQwV9a8Vu90$YqJYw1Y7rMy5Pf6zixl9V2PYz9cp3vSoar1.#=qCTso1$NBc5A_Z3am6tjrrA==()
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:30:10 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've now seen another list where it didn't want to pick the item I clicked on.  It was an autocomplete list in the tag editor, kept picking the one above (which was also the first one).
i am struggling to see what this could be. The next it happens would you mind taking a screenshot as that might give me a clue

The first time I used my "Restart MusicBee" button, most of my layout settings were reset to default (at least, I assume it's default).  Specifically, the left and right sidebars, the thumbnail and column browsers, and the player panel were reset.  The toolbar remained in the caption bar.  Further resets seem to be fine. (I had also just canceled a sync when I used the restart command, if that matters.)
i believe i found the cause for this and should be fixed for the next update

Thank you!  I'll do my best to get a screenshot.

Would you say it's expected for a virtual device to take 8 hours to sync ~2000 tracks, given that a large percentage of them require conversion?  It seemed strange to me, but I rarely sync that many tracks at once so I don't want to be alarmed if I shouldn't be.  

A request: please let sync previews continue to run in the background when you navigate away from the device.

And a new thing (new to report, I think it was already happening):  I'm seeing a lot of this kind of thing while scrolling in album & tracks.  Seems to be caused by the gap between two subheaders.

Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:10:22 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry for the new post, but this seems worth mentioning:

First, doing a rescan is not refreshing the main panel.  Is that intended?

Second, in steps:

1. I open the tag editor for a track and tick "iTunes Compilation."
2. I save in the Tag Editor, and MB reports that 1 file has been updated.
3. I look at Tag Inspector and confirm that iTunes Compilation is set to 1.
4. I rescan the file.
5. When I open the tag editor, iTunes Compilation is unticked again, but Tag Inspector reports that it is still in the file.  MB does not treat the track as a compilation.

So far I can only see that this is happening to iTunes Compilation, but I can reproduce it with any track.  The iTunes Compilation tag CAN be completely removed through the Tag Inspector.

If it matters, I do have "detect iTunes compilations" ticked in preferences, and the compilation album artist is used in my naming templates.  Setting "iTunes Compilation" causes the Album Track Count (also used in a naming template) to be 0, because it changes the album artist.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Today something went very wrong resulting in my settings file being reset. At the time I was trying to sync to my device and when the operation failed I closed MusicBee on the device settings screen. When I opened it again everything was back to default.
use the version i posted last night. With older versions it can throw an error when exiting and the main panel is showing the device and it wasnt recovering the backup file

Not related but the first error is actually a good bug to catch. What type of device are you synching to - specifically is it a USB device?
I would say MB wont be deleting files that are no longer in a playlist so i will fix that.
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:38:43 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Would you say it's expected for a virtual device to take 8 hours to sync ~2000 tracks, given that a large percentage of them require conversion?  It seemed strange to me, but I rarely sync that many tracks at once so I don't want to be alarmed if I shouldn't be.  
to me sounds plausible (thats around 75% needing conversion at 20 secs per file). Of course your processor and what else you were doing will matter. You might check your File Converter settings and change the thread priority and thread count (but not exceeding whats actually available).

for the auto-complete clicking issue, i found i had left some code commented out around matching for fields with name sorting (Artist, Album, etc). I think that was fixed in last nights update so if those are the fields you were editing then it might be the reason

First, doing a rescan is not refreshing the main panel.  Is that intended?
its working fine here. Which view are you using and if you scroll down so its off the screen and back up again do the updates show?
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:02:04 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this fixes most of the issues reported above
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:45:52 AM by Steven

Alumni

use the version i posted last night. With older versions it can throw an error when exiting and the main panel is showing the device and it wasnt recovering the backup file

I was running version 3.0.5773.39007.

Not related but the first error is actually a good bug to catch. What type of device are you synching to - specifically is it a USB device?
I would say MB wont be deleting files that are no longer in a playlist so i will fix that.

Yeah, a removable USB flash drive. Previously it was synced with another PC's library.
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:18:34 PM by Alumni

Alumni

A short while ago I tried to move my library to a different location, the first attempt failed but the second attempt succeeded.

~~~

24/10/2015 21:43:11 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5775.18482 - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\...\Music\MusicBee\Podcasts'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
   at #=qHAvVsAVxmD5RUhB5jU6nRP3fMnZwiU8vDIfCcpTt6pU=.#=qM_lSlTl3rE2EsJIDsSaSlw==(#=q6352kjTXIxBTKCCUPP8QyonVD4EjqooArAz0n09hxAQ= #=q9CXkRmQ8OJKYpjfSiiwsyQ==)
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:44:42 PM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
to me sounds plausible (thats around 75% needing conversion at 20 secs per file). Of course your processor and what else you were doing will matter. You might check your File Converter settings and change the thread priority and thread count (but not exceeding whats actually available).

for the auto-complete clicking issue, i found i had left some code commented out around matching for fields with name sorting (Artist, Album, etc). I think that was fixed in last nights update so if those are the fields you were editing then it might be the reason

First, doing a rescan is not refreshing the main panel.  Is that intended?
its working fine here. Which view are you using and if you scroll down so its off the screen and back up again do the updates show?

Thanks, I won't worry too much about the syncing then.  I'll test the latest version later today for the auto complete thing.

Regarding the refresh, I should clarify: the values show up right away, but there's no resorting or regrouping done until I force a refresh.  In 2.5 it all happens at once.  This is in album & tracks.
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:49:40 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Regarding the refresh, I should clarify: the values show up right away, but there's no resorting or regrouping done until I force a refresh.  In 2.5 it all happens at once.  This is in album & tracks.
its intentional for the reason i find it can be disorientating if the panel jumps around as a result of the refresh. Thats my preference but if others dont agree i can change it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
its intentional for the reason i find it can be disorientating if the panel jumps around as a result of the refresh. Thats my preference but if others dont agree i can change it.

Since MB imports changes instantly now, I think that makes sense.  I've always used rescan and refresh somewhat interchangeably, and the only advantage of rescan was that it was usually quicker, whereas refresh seemed to take several seconds.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)