Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233275 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the above and some others i found; and a new "show plaing track text" setting for the sidebar player

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
There's something funky going on between Playlists and Filters.  And I'm not sure if this is an intentional change from 2.5 or a problem with 3.0.  
All this takes place in the left sidebar.
- Select a filter: No Classical (it's not specific to this filter.  I could select any filter)
- Select an auto-playlist: 1950s (also not specific to this playlist)
- Exit MB and restart
- Filter is not selected.  Library is showing check mark next to "No Filter"
In 2.5 the No Classical filter is still selected upon restart.
Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:08:44 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It seems to be okay now, so not sure what was going on.  It would just skip to another entry whenever I clicked on the particular tag I wanted in the list (it happened once just now, but then got it right the second time).
thats very strange and i havent been able to reproduce. However i do see that the mousewheel ticks an item so i will correct that and perhaps thats somehow related. Does it happen with combox boxes as well?

I haven't noticed it, but I'll keep an eye out.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, thats fixed now
Yes it is.  Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here's another: if I untick the playing track in the Now Playing List, then skip to the next track, the tick comes back. (Only if I use the >> button.  If I double click the next track, it's fine.)

Edit: I find that when I double click a track in the main panel, it is added to the Now Playing List, but the song just before it starts to play. (I tested with both paused and stopped.)

Also, a file that is SHIFT+deleted from the Now Playing List still shows up in the main panel.

Lastly, I can't get the sidebar player to give me a stop button (tried Shift, Ctrl, Alt)
Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:35:18 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Edit: I find that when I double click a track in the main panel, it is added to the Now Playing List, but the song just before it starts to play. (I tested with both paused and stopped.
what is your play now setting and is it behaving as though you clicked the track before the track you thought you clicked? If so, does right click edit, edit the track you clicked?
edit: never mind - i can reproduce using "queue selected tracks and play now". Could you could confirm thats the setting you are using
Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:21:50 AM by Steven

LDGEB

Error
MusicBee v3.0.5769.40716

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at #=q4acCk_6x0mcdIu11nC5YQho$sg3IQIH9$Gywitwv$r4=.#=q2PMJmvfquGDt5GefXQvV3KrBysZEfTATVyJkl8YGBXQ=(Object #=q3_KOhKEOgNWVtc6zpIb0bg==, EventArgs #=qmaHC_WDs8o9vWDOCMpEGyg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnOpening(CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.Show(Control control, Point position)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.ShowInternal(Control source, Point location, Boolean isKeyboardActivated)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Step:
- Compact mode (Ctrl+1)
- Click on the search button (magnifying glass)
- Right click on the middle area (ie. below caption bar and above the list).

----

Double controls (minimize, maximize, close) - GUI issue
- Open Compact mode (Ctrl+1)
- Untick "Hide Caption Bar" in MusicBee setting
- Click on the search button (magnifying glass)
- Click on "MusicBee" setting > Tick "Hide Caption Bar"
- Two controls (minimize, maximize, close)  will appear top right corner.
- (2nd error) Now maximize the window into Main Player.
- Use option top left corner (Next to MusicBee, the 3 horizontal line) > Switch to Compact Player will greet with error
Relative artworks location.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
what is your play now setting and is it behaving as though you clicked the track before the track you thought you clicked? If so, does right click edit, edit the track you clicked?
edit: never mind - i can reproduce using "queue selected tracks and play now". Could you could confirm thats the setting you are using

Yes, that's what I use.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
Be great if guest posting is allow.
No it wouldn't.  A month or so ago, there was a problem with the forum registration process Steven uses to allow users access to the forum.  So for a short period of time he allowed access without registration and the amount of spam on the forum became almost unmanageable.  The prime responsibility of the "Global Moderators" is to delete spam as soon as it's seen or reported.  I believe there are about six of us and let me tell you, there was a ton of spam.  Fortunately, the registration glitch got fixed and now the spam that does appear is easily handled. 

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Justin34

Having some issues with the duplicates manager, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not so I made a short video. Basically I select the album with duplicates in this case V2 & FLAC files and open the duplicates manager. Then I use the default settings which is to hide them and hit execute. After the window closes and in the status bar it processed the files yet nothing was done?

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/3zcag2t3juz2qjk/2015-10-19-0856-54.mp4

Sofocl

Blinks the top of the MB. The glitch only appears if you minimize and then deploy MB.
Sorry for my bad English.

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven - there's still something not quite right with ripping a CD.  It worked fine after your fix, but today it's exhibiting some of the same symptoms of my original issue.  Ripping and encoding take place correctly.  But when MB goes into Volume Analysis (it is enabled on the ripping preferences screen) it (seemingly) never stops.  I just ripped ten tracks and the status bar is showing "Analysing volulme..." twenty minutes after it started.  And the Rip CD window is still open offering the option to Cancel.  When I click Cancel the status bar clears and the Rip CD window offers the option to Close.  When I click Close it closes.  But looking at the Inbox node in the left side panel, it shows no number.  If I click on the Inbox, the tracks appear in the main window, but there is still no indication of how many tracks are there if one were to look at the Inbox node.  And the Windows (7) TaskBar shows the process to be incomplete and will stay partially green until I close MB and restart it.

EDIT: I just ripped two more tracks and the behavior was the same as just mentioned but this time I selected both, Send To > Folder (Move) > Organized and once the tracks were moved to the library, and the status bar showed "file reorganisation completed" the tracks were still showing in the Inbox.  Using Windows Explorer to look at the folder where the Inbox lives shows no tracks (which is correct as they were moved to where my library lives.)  But they still show in the Inbox.  I can get rid of them in the Inbox by selecting them and right-clicking to Delete from Inbox Only.   And those two tracks do not show in my library.  I have confirmed that they're still in my music folder.
Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:16:55 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
Blinks the top of the MB. The glitch only appears if you minimize and then deploy MB.
I dont understand what you mean by "blinks at the top of MB".
Is MB maximised on restore and where do you have it configured to minimise to (task bar, notification tray, etc)