Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232964 times)

Steven

• Administrator
That fixed that issue but if I do a rescan artwork in Tags (1) under preferences I get the error below when it reaches 99.7%. Also I have the discogs plugin enabled however in Artworks Downloader it shows gracenote is disabled in preferences?
the reported bug is fixed for the next update. For discogs, artwork is not supported and will never show in the artwork downloader. I expect you dont have gracenote enabled in the artwork providers and hence its displayed as disabled. You may find you cant activate gracenote because of a user number quota imposed by them.

Steven

• Administrator
Compact View (Ctrl+1), Hide Caption Bar can't not maximize into main player when in use.
4) Double click on the caption bar it will not maximize. Whereas if "Hide Caption Bar" is not enable double clicking on the caption bar will maximize the window.
----
3) Open "Now Playing" tab
4) At the bottom of the player, where all the player button is, right click > "Locate playing track in current tab" will be greet with an error. It work fine when you view a non-playing tab though.
the first is the same behaviour as 2.5 and i will probably leave as-is. The 2nd is fixed for the next update

Justin34

That fixed that issue but if I do a rescan artwork in Tags (1) under preferences I get the error below when it reaches 99.7%. Also I have the discogs plugin enabled however in Artworks Downloader it shows gracenote is disabled in preferences?
the reported bug is fixed for the next update. For discogs, artwork is not supported and will never show in the artwork downloader. I expect you dont have gracenote enabled in the artwork providers and hence its displayed as disabled. You may find you cant activate gracenote because of a user number quota imposed by them.
Oh I figured gracenote and discogs were the same my mistake.. After enabling gracenote as a artwork provider I'm having the same issue as before with the artwork downloader. It shows Done however the album folder contains no picture.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:56:51 PM by Justin34

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
If the "+" symbol indicating multiple entries appears in a field that is truncated by column width (Genre = Contemporary Country in this case), the + still gets displayed as though the column is still full width.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
a better image including headers

Genre tag for Reba McIntyre album is 'Contemporary Country'
Genre tag for Beccy Cole album is 'Contemporary Country; Australian Country'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix most of the issues reported above
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@Justin34 - i cant reproduce any issues and wont be able to spend any more time on the Artwork Downloader for now

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
the re-ordering is fixed. I have no problems using a virtual tag for the criteria or for the template so can you expand on what you are doing with that?

It seems to be okay now, so not sure what was going on.  It would just skip to another entry whenever I clicked on the particular tag I wanted in the list (it happened once just now, but then got it right the second time).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It seems to be okay now, so not sure what was going on.  It would just skip to another entry whenever I clicked on the particular tag I wanted in the list (it happened once just now, but then got it right the second time).
thats very strange and i havent been able to reproduce. However i do see that the mousewheel ticks an item so i will correct that and perhaps thats somehow related. Does it happen with combox boxes as well?

Justin34

this should fix most of the issues reported above
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@Justin34 - i cant reproduce any issues and wont be able to spend any more time on the Artwork Downloader for now

Seems to be an issue with gracenote doing it manually it says it retrieved a file and shows "Downloading" for about a minute then cancels and shows nothing found.

I'm trying to add the remainder of my music library to Musicbee and I've had to use the "Scan Folders for New Files" because both Scan at startup and continuously monitor library in the library preferences don't do anything. When the scan reaches the end it stalls and after about 20 minutes an error shows up in the error log. I'm not sure if it is still processing the files or it's hung but the error is below I'm leaving it open for the time being. The number of new files is roughly 90k+. A few of my files also have really long file names due to the file not being English can this be increased?

Code
Beethoven - 2009 - Symphony Nos. 2 and 6 (Paavo Järvi, Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen) [FLAC]\01 - Symphony No. 6 in F, Op.68 ?Pastoral?? 1. Angenehme, heitere Empfindungen, welche bei der Ankunft auf dem Lande im Menschen erwachen. Allegro ma non troppo.flac
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Code
18-10-2015 1:21:31 PM - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.25814 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qsprbBBWcw9R3W8JqWuOhjkd9oAPsn884Pcfyntn78y8=.#=q2QO6jUn1lUq0E3TFZ$HLSg==.#=qRy1AalW38Cn$QCIvnGzsuQ==(List`1 #=qp2yb7dM$zyIjBN5nJC0NEQ==)
   at #=qjOLYrT6ImitehiQaMfiPRWO6CoD6OwAi5gLAzM8aPVM=.#=qLFkUvBsVAvIvY0lJgumYoaaE$i4tmgtdP7rUL2OKn6U=.#=qLFGxKAD8vq0_BlR6Hq$XnA==(Int32& #=q$d7nBinfpTNxbH3hgoSsPA==, Int32& #=qZLMGlrHlxAOA8BthrDAvSZsfYwy1ZZgOyASwuCDATZE=, List`1 #=qGgTzP1TSH7uFOg44ZeKuzw==)
   at #=q6aUy60lGvxkKBjEkPEj_zUbW80m7ccOARHppw3SKm7Y=.#=q$$OTyoAklhKTbctY$AW2LoVdGndBnRW36HEnqWv51MY=()

EDIT: It finished processing the new files not sure what the error was about though.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:56:54 PM by Justin34

Steven

• Administrator
unfortunately windows doesnt handle filenames > 247/260 chars well and it would require substantial effort for me to implement it myself.
So to get those into your library you would need to shorten the name.
For the error, that would explain why scan on startup didnt work. Firstly can you restart MB and if it has the error again then i can create a debug version to see why its happening

Justin34

unfortunately windows doesnt handle filenames > 247/260 chars well and it would require substantial effort for me to implement it myself.
So to get those into your library you would need to shorten the name.
For the error, that would explain why scan on startup didnt work. Firstly can you restart MB and if it has the error again then i can create a debug version to see why its happening
That's unfortunate I'll try to figure something about renaming it isn't really an option at the moment. I restarted musicbee and the error appeared in the errorlog again.

Code
18-10-2015 2:09:47 PM - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.25814 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qxj8aoSN2Pm5u5fv2mekgZUuWYWf34t212TLPqZ_Ucxw=.#=quK$o2TxBiVmRJ_qDalsLG2hdezF8Kg1qOfuNyWvOnv0=(Int32 #=qn1ztT8ku$HRW869LD7RyFw==, Boolean #=qI_uZChsLp3QpP2UqEv7LVw==)
   at #=qxj8aoSN2Pm5u5fv2mekgZUuWYWf34t212TLPqZ_Ucxw=.#=qI7NptPCCkZYz$$_8xlwxKhP5eWiY26snUVsqbfwrQrk=.#=qoLgReUuqH4PUwtS_D7voXg==(BitArray #=qKnnE33WGSY2DZtgfHKm_Tw==, Int32 #=qdEvJQmtnesYqMWJQfrJzLA==)
   at #=qxj8aoSN2Pm5u5fv2mekgZUuWYWf34t212TLPqZ_Ucxw=.#=q7CYnPtTNpuHZfDC2vi5eTqwqcdPEQXaRbzoxotBtihQ=._Lambda$__0()

Steven

• Administrator
i have sent you a PM with the debug version and instructions

Justin34

I sent a response I'm not sure if it was sent or not as there's nothing in my outbox this forum is really strange  ???

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Got this error when adding Album Cover and Lyrics in the left navigator (when I tried to save).  They showed up anyway, and appear to be working fine.

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5768.41663 (Win10.0), 18 Oct 2015 14:03:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qyR__YxgkHSwX4KOUqjmQvg==.#=q$OMcCDvdMPHWwCHAQUaSbQ==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qyR__YxgkHSwX4KOUqjmQvg==.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.AddRange(Control[] controls)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q1DfxzsvNks5T14_R$DHDng==(#=qF$YFcC7L$PgAu102RQ67Sj8QbpN7OCRFiz2HjYt4R0s= #=qx56f2CSXsnmkFT3a7pT8$A==, Boolean #=qjh9DaE_xj7KZ47i0UkClWtxVJ7MAiXHOjRwepvKr$HQ=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q0oJ4qUAMpfnm3rDsHe73HiSABicfJ$LXLl1E5xpiqZc=(Boolean #=qx9_0VXEEXkuQNqOIGsE$4ZG1ckiw_HO5sHo63BEnrV8=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYN3HBooDImDG6jNJIDOOQIwdtFRnmaH$EWeefF$dt54=.#=qlvqB5FxtAp1nokaIT8Q2UzAfnouB9SEDuWlkh4g7XqM=.#=qbXyv2rf8QvZbuIWKz1tKmg==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYN3HBooDImDG6jNJIDOOQIwdtFRnmaH$EWeefF$dt54=.#=qlvqB5FxtAp1nokaIT8Q2UzAfnouB9SEDuWlkh4g7XqM=.#=qQX_ynvpIZOKBJAu5YZ5nKQcrzycB47mhkH3EpbnI7g8=(Object #=qwB_tJ64K4fF5gVlW0DJyCg==, EventArgs #=qPQFq_Z9zXY_EfyNIRtOYwg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=qYokz$4528jpYtcwzt5ym7LIRibwCYEIGjAy19NLLV3E=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qOkRe3CmVh81Nq70g3DRZAg==)
   at #=qYokz$4528jpYtcwzt5ym7LIRibwCYEIGjAy19NLLV3E=.#=q8RIvAEBmHWivLMxjtvZTR5QyPBBKTi$oYFb4zziQgKg=(Object #=qIzyYqRZeqe6nmBNB__dNWA==, EventArgs #=qGYfqQiNpj8GFlQx9T49ahw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here's the layout settings, in case it helps:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I sent a response I'm not sure if it was sent or not as there's nothing in my outbox this forum is really strange  ???
Did you check the box at the bottom of the message editor that says "Save a copy in my outbox"?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here