Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233612 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is the "external application" function supposed to be working yet?  None of mine were imported.
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:07:26 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

butty

Hi,
I just began trying 3.0 demo. And I have some requests on the compact player:

1. Please restore the classic layout.
2. On the latest layout, the volume control is a little bit inconvenient - like the main player, the volume should be able to be changed directly (without clicking on the number).

Regards,

butty

Steven

• Administrator
1. Please restore the classic layout.
its actually available in the very last update from earlier. Choose "Playlists" via the selector button. Its not in the panel configuration dialog yet

Steven

• Administrator
Is the "external application" function supposed to be working yet?  None of mine were imported.
there was a bug but that should have been fixed a couple of weeks ago. However if you first used the demo version before that then probably the tools settings would be blanked and you will need to re-enter them

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Gotcha, thanks.  I cheated and copied them from the other settings file.  Seems to have worked fine.

What about middle click searches?  I get the whole library if I middle click on an artist right now.

p.s. I really prefer the toolbar/search on the right in the caption bar.  Is that going to be possible?
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:02:31 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
EDIT: If I uncheck the "Preview and choose each picture before saving" option in the artwork downloader it begins processing the queue but no pictures are actually saved in the album directories.
thats fixed now:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

Steven

• Administrator
What about middle click searches?  I get the whole library if I middle click on an artist right now.
its working fine for me. Can you give a step by step on what you are doing?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What about middle click searches?  I get the whole library if I middle click on an artist right now.
its working fine for me. Can you give a step by step on what you are doing?

I'm not sure what other steps I can give.  In both the main panel and the now playing list, if I middle click on any field, I get the "Search Results" node, but it loads the whole library.  Searching from the search box works fine.

Another thing I just discovered: I can CTRL+click to select tracks, but I can't CTRL+click to unselect.

And one more, sorry.  :)  Should there be a way to edit auto-organize exceptions?  I can edit the template, but there's no "..." for the rule.
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:25:07 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I'm not sure what other steps I can give.  In both the main panel and the now playing list, if I middle click on any field, I get the "Search Results" node, but it loads the whole library.  Searching from the search box works fine.

Another thing I just discovered: I can CTRL+click to select tracks, but I can't CTRL+click to unselect.

And one more, sorry.  :)  Should there be a way to edit auto-organize exceptions?  I can edit the template, but there's no "..." for the rule.
those are fixed now:

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
confirmed, auto-organize, ctrl+click, and middle-click are fixed.  thanks!

edit: reordering of auto-organize exceptions isn't working, though.  also, it won't let me choose a virtual tag for one of the rules.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:47:22 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@Bee-liever, your reported issues should be fixed

Yep, all previously reported issues fixed. Thank you  :)

Unfortunately...
player bar on bitmap skins are now not being rendered incorrectly

and
I can CTRL+click to select tracks, but I can't CTRL+click to unselect.

I can confirm this is fixed, but clicking on an empty area of the main panel no longer clears your selections.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

LDGEB

Compact View (Ctrl+1), Hide Caption Bar can't not maximize into main player when in use.

1) Open Musicbee
2) Use Compact View (Ctrl+1)
3) Go into "MusicBee > Hide Caption Bar"
4) Double click on the caption bar it will not maximize. Whereas if "Hide Caption Bar" is not enable double clicking on the caption bar will maximize the window.

----

1) Open Main player
2) Play any track
3) Open "Now Playing" tab
4) At the bottom of the player, where all the player button is, right click > "Locate playing track in current tab" will be greet with an error. It work fine when you view a non-playing tab though.
Relative artworks location.

Justin34

EDIT: If I uncheck the "Preview and choose each picture before saving" option in the artwork downloader it begins processing the queue but no pictures are actually saved in the album directories.
thats fixed now:

That fixed that issue but if I do a rescan artwork in Tags (1) under preferences I get the error below when it reaches 99.7%. Also I have the discogs plugin enabled however in Artworks Downloader it shows gracenote is disabled in preferences?
Code
MusicBee v3.0.5768.41663 (Win10.0), 18 Oct 2015 1:01:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYiitD9JCneHZOinaOiDjTOjOMiw3C37jNRwVkn2dKAU=.#=qJcx$haXIzxyv6HYxC9pN9ryMg0LT5t08pMSkAGVcbxs=.#=qmV1K3b0eaJ9pwjs$KP3dfA==(IList`1 #=qLZU0H7YDV2fnF$8cnRYEFA==, TagCode #=qRMXeafN$$SXLW4yaqKXtRQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYiitD9JCneHZOinaOiDjTOjOMiw3C37jNRwVkn2dKAU=.#=qhJ2rZNzZnTtF1GyxZdXX0Q==(IList`1 #=q5nJzKKpkB9Rmz_bihsU_vQ==, TagCode #=q41QTucsKk2skirHKOpIUQg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qJ6H6QI5SIdErAkiqPchbsA==(IList`1 #=qk2qQDQFYV1iu77OJnrgJhA==, TagCode #=qirVE7Cf5STP2s5$A0PNVmw==)
   at #=qV3aMAFr32keowiMYOs84ZVhm2pcU56NeTvYKguA8vcQ=.#=q6w1W1dbmn_hX5CzHeBSFblBFJg_dxV9FUwXvRGZLJTE=(Object #=qdkKKH$SyMsK_FupE8faCrA==, EventArgs #=qCc8Aw957z2dn_fF7Asta_g==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=qYokz$4528jpYtcwzt5ym7LIRibwCYEIGjAy19NLLV3E=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qOkRe3CmVh81Nq70g3DRZAg==)
   at #=qYokz$4528jpYtcwzt5ym7LIRibwCYEIGjAy19NLLV3E=.#=q8RIvAEBmHWivLMxjtvZTR5QyPBBKTi$oYFb4zziQgKg=(Object #=qIzyYqRZeqe6nmBNB__dNWA==, EventArgs #=qGYfqQiNpj8GFlQx9T49ahw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
edit: reordering of auto-organize exceptions isn't working, though.  also, it won't let me choose a virtual tag for one of the rules.
the re-ordering is fixed. I have no problems using a virtual tag for the criteria or for the template so can you expand on what you are doing with that?