Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233456 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
In Track Details view I select a track and right-click in the Lyrics panel on the right side and then click "mark as having no lyrics.  This error is thown, but the track is indeed marked as having no lyrics.
MusicBee v3.0.5761.33029 (Win6.1), 10 Oct 2015 21:24:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=q6q5swX7IttU8AWKCsnFkHDyI1kNwZgzHTKYtk7arBbo=.#=qKA17cCMxZD3yVKdbciDGcGoPLgpJ$0yUVC3ohXU0dmw=.#=qpUA$Kgl0g3IWaM4ubTIQYg==(IList`1 #=qLYOid11ZlGhUphecqkj3Zg==, Boolean #=qidGsDpYogHw4A8s$Ue3QyQ==)
   at #=qo9IVoDxtYvVk3rDPg8mNCQZeNNUai2JQuf1r8Xh_25k=.#=qVbiSAd1KOZpd2nsg2A5vHpQlDQwmWkjCmP4RxSYTmLI=(Object #=qN2w6qVZRz$hTiGXlOPbSRQ==, EventArgs #=qab8bMa$eBYO2l5eVXsBYng==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

this has fixes for most of the issues reported, but not the remaining skin issues
@hiccup, could you confirm the WMA error display message and i couldnt reproduce the combo box popup error but i am reasonably sure its fixed

Yes, both are fixed indeed.
Except for the error message: where 2.5 says 'Error' in the title bar, v3 says '0'.

Alumni

this has fixes for most of the issues reported, but not the remaining skin issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

That took care of my issues, your hard work is appreciated.

dont use the Playlist Directory node if you see it as its only partially done

I'm curious about this new feature, did you say before how it's going to work?
Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:51:08 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
its now called "Playlist Manager"
its a dedicated panel for when the left sidebar is collapsed and makes managing playlists easier because there is no navigator easily available - adding files from the library to playlists, creating new playlists, moving them etc

Sofocl

1. I used "Sidebar player" to separate the elements and received.
Code
11.10.2015 17:40:59 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5761.33710 - System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter.
   ? System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
   ? System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
   ? #=qRRa8JUJZeO255HK_zkT8igrYHpdgaCcqKTBsdGN1dq0=.#=q5T3qc1MxIWX6vc2RqJAhyg==()
   ? #=qRRa8JUJZeO255HK_zkT8igrYHpdgaCcqKTBsdGN1dq0=.#=qduYn8udjwxU_Sl47g4wmJdzwNwXJXnvUNTtCAA5umiM=(Boolean #=qpXdBLfya8qdE6btKiipl6Q==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q9jXd531UihzSDh8nLEQYiGAp7c6SHZLIXgeBjzoQmMc=.#=qduYn8udjwxU_Sl47g4wmJdzwNwXJXnvUNTtCAA5umiM=(Boolean #=qLVuWDs9KDK3OhXVyBJEo2A==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qK$qxiFhScYI2ngGbd5$9oxhctXrcztKlYufNOJWkqrI=(#=qSNBbAYwAxpnXSRwcC$VFQZTM9eTyP9Mq_g_FiLeZnSM= #=q3XMizKZIdLjfehUDHHzn5w==, Rectangle #=qOdjXfOmbsiFOK4nq9JTP7g==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qXiTmnwEKBoXp30Ki5ok9HSg5PCHO4f$UA$S_ZCsoQ6M=(#=qT5RoVqJJ1La5DQyoQyA0f75euDTGvFoJzZFumbfo42k= #=qns95rgCVDhql8G7ueVzF8A==, Boolean #=qdlOIy6$Q_72aibKtBHMcmmwpOKTBPz$QzU6COJp69fA=)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qJeXSBMWgPV9SWmccK2dOiA==(#=qT5RoVqJJ1La5DQyoQyA0f75euDTGvFoJzZFumbfo42k= #=qs2cZXnLquOt1IR8btqklPA==, Boolean #=q8kjsACc2PqYYePrNmiCktklEYsELwwB$2eZvgFVbyT4=)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qEs3dcLvDniHWK51b9BhT2BHQlmEi$b85KM6qA$GD2jY=(Boolean #=qljCbuYdHyz_k6OLRMm1Vrx22wsR_tAvH_w2vRzoenJ4=)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qiGZr6ocf4nbgMDNVRlYZc99EszeEfY7rv9ntccABP9k=.#=qMNBk5igeRYb3EEQUWlHW$kqiT9ecWtOE7gWGg5IQlW8=.#=qTBJFdLYN68o4GnzlSoA0FA==()
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qiGZr6ocf4nbgMDNVRlYZc99EszeEfY7rv9ntccABP9k=.#=qMNBk5igeRYb3EEQUWlHW$kqiT9ecWtOE7gWGg5IQlW8=.#=q7ABP9gK86XE6mXYpwuZI4rx$AsPO12h0jqa5eskyIXc=(Object #=qMSb_HE$UnSAFIwgDM9II2A==, EventArgs #=qQ7SXPEl1oWNTWkpd3MsuOw==)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2. Is it possible to make a "separator" to separate elements.
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
1. I used "Sidebar player" to separate the elements and received.
i can reproduce this error if the sidebar player is displayed, then undisplayed, and then re-enabled again while MB is running.
If you dont think was the case then let me know
for requests, i wont do anything until i have finished the changes i already mentioned. I will let everyone know when i am ready, and feel free to keep posting requests in case they generate comment. But a request might need to be reposted when i am ready so i am in a better position to give consideration

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the issues reported above

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe
The "Playlist Manager" node can be used now. Keep in mind it is only visible for configurations where the left sidebar is hidden. However I will make a further change so it can be added as a tab even when the default configuration has the left sidebar not hidden.
After that i plan to look at the Local Music browser, and will also probably merge in the existing Music Explorer
(see the 2nd screenshot from http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14941.0), although it wont be as fancy with regards to how the artist picture is blended into the panel

phred

• Global Moderator
this has fixes for the issues reported above

Thanks Steven.  While the error I reported regarding marking a track as having no lyrics is fixed, there are still some problems with making the track.
Right-clicking in the right-side lyrics panel and selecting 'mark as having no lyrics' puts the check mark next to the option:

It may not be that visible in the screenshot, but the check mark is there as it should be.

But when opening the tag editor to the lyrics tab the 'no lyrics' box is not checked:

And in Track Details view in the Lyrics column does the track show the 'N' for no lyrics:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Alumni

The "Playlist Manager" node can be used now. Keep in mind it is only visible for configurations where the left sidebar is hidden. However I will make a further change so it can be added as a tab even when the default configuration has the left sidebar not hidden.

Great! I've been playing around with it, pretty good so far.
Do you mean it will later be added as an 'available element' to the layout configuration? That would make sense.

A bug report - for me the 'playlist manager' node in the left sidebar doesn't always appear, I'm not sure exactly what's causing the issue, either restarting the app or enabling/disabling the left panel can sometimes fix it. I do have multiple tabs if that makes any difference.

By the way, I couldn't get my portable device to appear in the playlist manager, is it possible to add that functionality?
Usually when I'm editing/creating playlists I'm also syncing my phone/tablet at the same time, so that would be helpful.
Another request - could there be an option to disable 'audiobooks' and 'inbox'? Personally I never use those nodes.

Edit: Something I just did broke MusicBee, I don't know if it's directly related to the playlist manager. At the time I was trying to get the node to display as I mentioned in the previous paragraph. When I start up the app I get this error message and can't proceed further:

~~~

MusicBee v3.0.5762.40557 (Win10.0), 12 Oct 2015 12:08:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qV4md_KlOTQvZ7j$Jga71Jg==(String[] #=qYjXlvPLalXY_YJVTpliTPg==)

~~~

PS: I'll send you my settings file, maybe that will help.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:15:07 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
i need the full error text - thats only the first line.
And when the Playlist Manager doesnt appear, what is displayed?

Alumni

i need the full error text - thats only the first line.

I copied and pasted the error directly from the dialog window and I also checked the error log - that's all there is.

And when the Playlist Manager doesnt appear, what is displayed?

Everything else appears normally, it's just that the node is missing.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:01:18 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
i have updated the musicbee3 download link to address the startup error. Its because one of the tabs is no longer available on restart. If you remember which one doesnt open then let me know
I think i will need a screenshot to see what is happening when the Playlist Manager doesnt appear

@phred,
i cant reproduce this but its possible its related to the bug updating the "mark as having no lyrics" you reported before, so trying undoing/ redoing setting the flag
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:15:40 AM by Steven

Alumni

i have updated the musicbee3 download link to address the startup error. Its because one of the tabs is no longer available on restart. If you remember which one doesnt open then let me know

Cheers, MusicBee is up and running again.
If I remember correctly I opened a new tab and the contents were blank when I exited the app, then the error appeared on startup.

I think i will need a screenshot to see what is happening when the Playlist Manager doesnt appear

Here's some screenshots, the first one was taken just after starting up MusicBee, with the playlist manager node missing.
In the next picture it's showing - what I did was disable the left panel, restart the app and then re-enable the left panel.

hiccup

A wish for v3:

Allow displaying the 'stop' button in compact- and mini player.
I know some users seem to have some strange 'hate' for a stop button, but it is intrinsically a different function than pause.

Also -but this is only affecting very few users and a problem MusicBee is not to blame for- my current external usb dac goes a bit 'insane' when pausing audio in MusicBee. Therefor I can not use 'pause' at all.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred,
i cant reproduce this but its possible its related to the bug updating the "mark as having no lyrics" you reported before, so trying undoing/ redoing setting the flag
Thanks Steven.  I downloaded the latest updated version and it appears to be working now.  The first 2 times I tried to mark as 'no lyrics' I had to set, unset, reset the flag.  On the third and subsequent times, it just worked as it should.  I shut down MB and reopened it and it's working fine.

There is one small graphical glitch.  When I open the tag editor and click on the lyrics tab, the 'mark as no lyrics' line at the bottom shows this for a second or two.  Also showing is a bit of the album artwork from the Tags tab.  Then the correct info shows.  This only happens in Track Details view.  I wonder if this behavior might be related to the album art disappearing for a second or two after a file rescan.  Reported here http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg96976#msg96976

Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:20:23 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki