Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233001 times)

hiccup

Would it be an idea for v3 to have a button in all (more or less important) configuration panels that says (and does) "reset to defaults"?
Many new users have the habit of trying out stuff and not remembering what they actually changed, what then often creates problems for them. (and us ;-)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Would it be an idea for v3 to have a button in all (more or less important) configuration panels that says (and does) "reset to defaults"?
Many new users have the habit of trying out stuff and not remembering what they actually changed, what then often creates problems for them. (and us ;-)

If so, it should have a confirmation pop-up so that you can't accidentally unset your carefully configured layout.
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:30:52 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
YES!!

If so, I should have a confirmation pop-up so that you can't accidentally unset your carefully configured layout.
AND YES!!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
It's again in the album covers view and sometimes when clicking on the the album it shall give you extra entries from this album that aren't related to the thumbnail browsers data.
comparing to v2.5 i see what that does is show all tracks in the album ie. the thumb browser filters which albums are selected and the drill-down shows all tracks in that album, including tracks from other artists/ composers. I will change v3 to the same behavior,

Alumni

if you edit the playlist definition and change the view there, does that work?

This is strange - smart playlists have no problems, I can change the view for those with the main panel drop down menu. So it's only static playlists that are stuck in tracks view, and because my playlist format is set to M3U there isn't another way to change the view.

Steven

• Administrator
So it's only static playlists that are stuck in tracks view, and because my playlist format is set to M3U there isn't another way to change the view.
thats the reason and its fixed for the next update

Alumni

thats the reason and its fixed for the next update

Cool, thanks!

There is another thing that nobody else has mentioned, so far it has only affected my laptop PC installation of 3.0.
When scrolling down (not up, only down) through my library in album covers view, I get visual glitches like in this screenshot below.
It looks as if covers are being overlapped onto one another. Could it be related to the music files being read over the local network?

Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:31:32 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
where is the scrollbar? ie. how can you scroll without a scrollbar showing

hiccup

When trying to set a toolbar button, I noticed that "view: show column browser" is now missing.

Just in case this observation was missed before, I now see a few more are missing from that list.

Also an error message when trying to open this drop down list to select an action for a toolbar button:
(not every time though, I don't know exactly how to trigger it)

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5760.32355 (Win10.0), 10 okt 2015 18:04:

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '#=qmiUqUGYI8IJKjPvWG_Y9gQ=='.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at #=q8_AUICUnciUgNuXDJKeWhw==.#=qObet0wgPHrIUCT5816vENGdZEVvgFuENrDBLPXvvH6w=(Control #=qtjF1tXykgUfe9Z8jP$I_iQ==)
   at #=qR6SdD4Nq4iF92P6fKxxDbj$W9YIdGSSQL$wxP3LRmY4=.#=qEm2JvSIhIVeIz0HTiudkQQ==(Form #=q6h$277aZXnSW_SM0DMnKlw==)
   at #=qMHugdh8Y2a7lg_iTNuLyRoRmRoXTs39s5XWRJl095Qw=.#=qmiUqUGYI8IJKjPvWG_Y9gQ==.#=qs0k_LUVIXaJtCxz0CNImMQ==(#=qMHugdh8Y2a7lg_iTNuLyRoRmRoXTs39s5XWRJl095Qw= #=qDBJPjbYhphy9T$WkIje9KQ==)
   at #=qMHugdh8Y2a7lg_iTNuLyRoRmRoXTs39s5XWRJl095Qw=.#=qsubFKozu1v43_sql979M78n8iVoqCd68$c4rKnmrdnw=()
   at #=qMHugdh8Y2a7lg_iTNuLyRoRmRoXTs39s5XWRJl095Qw=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qH3S_yzF9BOUur9keBDn9nQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Alumni

where is the scrollbar? ie. how can you scroll without a scrollbar showing

The scrollbar is visible but in this picture its almost off the page, I guess that's part of the glitch.
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:11:16 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
that means the panel is sized too large and would be the cause of the visual glitches. As a guess its related to the column browser not being displayed, perhaps configured to be hidden for playlists only? (check the Artwork panel configuration)
So keep an eye on the panel size and when its too large and the scrollbar off the screen then let me know what you were doing at the time

Alumni

At the moment both the far left panel and the middle left panel are disabled, this is for the main library view.
My laptop has a pretty small screen resolution (less than 1080p), could that be a factor?

Steven

• Administrator
if the panel is too large (vertically, scroll bar goes below the bottom) on restart then send me your settings file

Alumni

Yeah - still the same. Sent you my file, if it helps the resolution is at 1366x768.

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported, but not the remaining skin issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe
dont use the Playlist Directory node if you see it as its only partially done

@hiccup, could you confirm the WMA error display message and i couldnt reproduce the combo box popup error but i am reasonably sure its fixed