Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233012 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported including the podcast subscription bug, but noy the remaining skin issues
The search issue I reported is now fixed.  I'm assuming that the blanking of album art after a file rescan is a skin issue that's still to be resolved.  

Thanks very much Steven, for all the quick fixes you've done on v3.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

it should be fixed but i cant test to confirm. Let me know if it applies to using it from other places.
I will post an updated version later

Yep, that build fixed it - now wherever the selection is made the popup window appears on my primary monitor.

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't change my playlist view, but at the same time I can change my library view.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:50:03 PM by Alumni

hiccup

this has fixes for most of the issues reported including the podcast subscription bug

Yep, great.

ankor

:o Wow, I go a few days without checking this thread and BAM it skyrockets from 11 pages to 22.  Wait for me (not really). Got some catch up to do.  Awesome!!

ankor

Playing Tracks panel | Set Display Fields...

The # column is displayed though it is not selected for display. I try to remove the # column but the column is never placed in the list of Selected Fields. But each time it adds another # column at the beginning of the panel.

MB v3.0.5760 Also played around some with Panels Configuration...a few display refresh issues but really nice.

hiccup

If you move your mouse cursor horizontally over this panel, at position '1' you are able to drag the border '2' of the pane two levels below it:

hiccup

Playing Tracks panel | Set Display Fields...
The # column is displayed though it is not selected for display. I try to remove the # column but the column is never placed in the list of Selected Fields. But each time it adds another # column at the beginning of the panel.

Could it be you are referring to the column that displays the sequence of songs in the cue, and not the actual track numbers of songs on an album?
In that case it is most probably very intentional not to be able to hide that.

Steven

• Administrator
I'm still trying to figure out why I can't change my playlist view, but at the same time I can change my library view.
if you edit the playlist definition and change the view there, does that work?

Spiron

This is something I have been noticing for a while but when you're in album covers view and you have selected an entry in the thumbnail browser that only has one album, that one album will have a whole bunch of tracks not related to the artist or the album.  Not quite sure if it's all the tracks in the given filter/library or a certain subset due to the amount of tracks I do have.

Steven

• Administrator
This is something I have been noticing for a while but when you're in album covers view and you have selected an entry in the thumbnail browser that only has one album, that one album will have a whole bunch of tracks not related to the artist or the album.  Not quite sure if it's all the tracks in the given filter/library or a certain subset due to the amount of tracks I do have.
i can reproduce incorrect selection behavior when the tracks are displayed at the bottom of the main panel, so could you confirm thats how you have the artwork panel configured

Spiron

no, I still have the option selected to directly under the selected album

This is what the view looks like with two or more albums.  Selecting any one of those albums results in the correct selection of tracks

With 1 album only though this seems to produce a whole lot more results

Additional things, these screenshots are from one filter but I get the same problem on all my other filters and also in the non-filtered library.  I am using Windows 10 here.

EDIT: Also happens in Playlists
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:44:49 PM by Spiron

hiccup

Two minor issues,

1. The SoundCloud Search panel has small spelling error: "Enter into the searh box..."

2. Due to me running an 'N' version of Windows 10, when trying to play a radio station, under 2.5 I would get a bass error indicating it was related to WMV/WMA9 if I remember correctly.

Of course v3 also gave an error message in such a situation, but it was only saying something like 'basserror=1001', not giving a clue anymore.

Steven

• Administrator
its possible the correction i made for the tracks down the bottom also addresses your issue, so could you try using this version (ignore the Playlist Directory navigator node as its not completed yet)
If it still happens then let me know
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

Spiron

That fixed that issue but now I am getting a different one, this one not limited by the number of albums.  It's again in the album covers view and sometimes when clicking on the the album it shall give you extra entries from this album that aren't related to the thumbnail browsers data.

Here's a screenshot, composer selected is Grieg.  These files share most of the same data considering they are from the same album but have different titles, artists and composers.  They are also consecutive tracks.  All the similar cases are also consecutive tracks (including one that is track one of the next disk).

EDIT: Just noticed that the amount of extra tracks is how many tracks in the album are attributed to that composer but instead of getting those tracks it gets the first track and then the consecutive ones until it reaches that number

EDIT 2: Just looked and this one is also not limited by a specific filter or tag
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:41:22 PM by Spiron