Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233808 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
2/  When using the wavebar and spectrum in right sidebar, when placed at top both display correctly
but when placed at the bottom, last selected item is cut off
i cant reproduce this behavior - can you send me you settings file for this

PM has been sent

There is one tiny little glitch however, the tickbox that indicates which filter is activated (right click menu) is not being updated.
can anyone else confirm this behaviour? Its working fine for me

I can confirm

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported, apart from the remaining skin issues and issues where i have asked further questions
If you use custom tags, you should update to this version as older versions can blank the custom tags if you save a file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

Bee-liever

2/  When using the wavebar and spectrum in right sidebar, when placed at top both display correctly
but when placed at the bottom, last selected item is cut off
i cant reproduce this behavior..

I just worked our that if I select one of the other options (bio, artwork, etc) from the drop down menu and then return to track details, the problem is fixed.

Might it be that I have a lot of info displayed in that panel and it needed a refresh to calculate the correct position of the bottom element?

Alumni

If it is supposed to also fix the missing custom and virtual tags, it doesn't (on my system)

The fix for custom tags will only take effect once you rescan your files (right click -> send to -> file rescan).

hiccup

The fix for custom tags will only take effect once you rescan your files (right click -> send to -> file rescan).

Thnx Alumni, I had performed 'Scan folders for new files' but indeed I should have done 'rescan files'. That fixed it.

Still the difference between white and gray fields for standard and custom tags from that screenshot seem a bit strange to me.

Also I noticed a new graphical glitch. The five small arrows above the album art here:
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:32:51 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
There is one tiny little glitch however, the tickbox that indicates which filter is activated (right click menu) is not being updated.
I cannot reproduce this behavior either.  It's working as expected.  The check mark is present where it should be when I change to a different filter.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

I just discovered that that plugins are being disabled after restarting the app (at least with LyricsReloaded).

phred

• Global Moderator
When in Track Details view or Artwork view, right-click on album (or on selected tracks) and Send To File Rescan results in

MusicBee v3.0.5758.39706 (Win6.1), 7 Oct 2015 20:40:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qpcLAdeRqss4mtsTAmm7KUOUIIA6q3trGfjJkQSnnMi8=.#=qh_iXK2E_8M1IJBd9kOFIfJv_efVsgDq8zTGPjA_YCnI=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qZHPfU5x28VEZVc9gW9PYIQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:11:01 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

I can confirm

I cannot reproduce this behavior either.  It's working as expected.  The check mark is present where it should be when I change to a different filter.

Maybe this is some weird Windows 10 behaviour, but after a system restart, not just a MB3 restart, filter check-mark is now behaving correctly.  ???

phred

• Global Moderator

I can confirm

I cannot reproduce this behavior either.  It's working as expected.  The check mark is present where it should be when I change to a different filter.

Maybe this is some weird Windows 10 behaviour, but after a system restart, not just a MB3 restart, filter check-mark is now behaving correctly.  ???
If it helps wth trying to track down the problem, I'm running Windows 7.  (And plan to run it until 2020 when MS stops supporting it.)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i fixed it in the last update.
Also for plugins, i already mentioned this - they are disabled until a couple of them can be tested which is being done now by the boroda74

hiccup

In 2.5 these scroll-bar arrows were hidden when there was no option to scroll considering the content of the column:

hiccup

When trying to set a new entry for 'track information' displaying in the right sidebar, the scroll-bar to find the desirable tag is missing.

hiccup

I realize this is probably a matter of opinion, but I would prefer it when 'fit to panel' is selected, the image would always scale to be completely visible, and not cut off either horizontally or vertically.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I realize this is probably a matter of opinion, but I would prefer it when 'fit to panel' is selected, the image would always scale to be completely visible, and not cut off either horizontally or vertically.

+1

Was just thinking about this last night.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:06:37 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)