Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248557 times)

Steven

• Administrator
for the artwork not displayed, i still cant reproduce this nor do the error logs help. However i did find one bug that might possibly cause this so could you try this non-debug version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

also could you each send me one of your filter files, found in the Filters sub-folder of the AppData folder

phred

• Global Moderator
for the artwork not displayed, i still cant reproduce this nor do the error logs help. However i did find one bug that might possibly cause this so could you try this non-debug version:
Great!  This issue appears to be fixed. 

also could you each send me one of your filter files, found in the Filters sub-folder of the AppData folder
This is the 'only classical' filter:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SmartPlaylist SaveStaticCopy="False" Layout="4" ShuffleMode="None" ShuffleSameArtistWeight="0.5" MinimumArtistGap="0" GroupBy="track" ConsolidateAlbums="False" MusicLibraryPath="G:\MusicBee\Phred\">
  <Source Type="1">
    <Description />
    <Conditions CombineMethod="All">
      <Condition Field="GenreSplits" Comparison="Is" Value="Classical" />
    </Conditions>
    <Limit FilterDuplicates="False" Enabled="False" Count="25" Type="Items" SelectedBy="Random" />
  </Source>
</SmartPlaylist>
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
this is another debug version for the filters
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9r0ha8iiyt9bgc0/MusicBee3Debug.zip

send me the next entries in the error log after startup

Steven

• Administrator
Skins I have found that give the same error as in my previous post:
thanks bee-liever, they should all be addressed now

Alumni

I can confirm that fixed it for me.

Edit: Sent my filter file.

Sure, here's the log:

07-Oct-15 4:35:48 AM - retrieve started=81
07-Oct-15 5:33:17 AM - filter=C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Filters\Jazz.xautopf
07-Oct-15 5:33:17 AM - C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Filters\Jazz.xautopf:conditions=0
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:48:51 PM by Alumni

phred

• Global Moderator
And here's my error log
Code
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Classical or Comedy.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Classical or Comedy.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Classical.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Classical.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Comedy.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Comedy.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Showtunes or Soundtracks.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\No Showtunes or Soundtracks.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Classical.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Classical.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Comedy.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Comedy.xautopf:conditions=0
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - filter=G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Showtunes or Soundtracks.xautopf
10/6/2015 3:43:04 PM - G:\MusicBee\AppData\Filters\Only Showtunes or Soundtracks.xautopf:conditions=0

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
@Alumni, i am a bit confused by the file you sent. The reason it doesnt load the conditions is
      <Condition Field="Grouping" Comparison="0" Value="Jazz" />
should be:
      <Condition Field="Grouping" Comparison="Is" Value="Jazz" />

i dont know how it would have got the "0" there and also i cannot open that filter in v2.5 either so it doesnt make sense as it loads in v2.5 for you.
What is the file modification time of the file you sent me?

Alumni

@Alumni, i am a bit confused by the file you sent. The reason it doesnt load the conditions is
      <Condition Field="Grouping" Comparison="0" Value="Jazz" />
should be:
      <Condition Field="Grouping" Comparison="Is" Value="Jazz" />

i dont know how it would have got the "0" there and also i cannot open that filter in v2.5 either so it doesnt make sense as it loads in v2.5 for you.
What is the file modification time of the file you sent me?

Hmm, well I tried something new. I created the filter in 2.5 and then switched to 3.0. The xautopf file remained the same, MusicBee didn't overwrite it, and yet 3.0 didn't recognize it as having any values. Back in 2.5, it's still working as per normal. It seems like there is an inconsistency with how the 'comparison' values are written and read.

PS: I already deleted the original file I sent you, so I don't know the modification date.

Steven

• Administrator
are you saying that v2.5 also saved using Comparison="0" ?
I dont see how that is possible. Can you send me the new file

Alumni

are you saying that v2.5 also saved using Comparison="0" ?
I dont see how that is possible. Can you send me the new file

No, I meant that 2.5 saves the xautopf with Comparison="Is", and 3.0 saves with Comparison="0".
The same filter file cannot be read in both versions.

Steven

• Administrator
ok, there seems to be an issue with the new visual studio compiler. I will see if i can figure out a work-around

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported, apart from a couple of skin issues raised by hiccup

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@hiccup, i need clarification on what you did to create the issue shown with the ? in your screenshot
@phred & Alumni, please confirm this version fixes the filters/ auto-playlists - you will need to manually edit any that you saved using v3 to correct the Comparison element

Alumni

this has fixes for most of the issues reported, apart from a couple of skin issues raised by hiccup

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@hiccup, i need clarification on what you did to create the issue shown with the ? in your screenshot
@phred & Alumni, please confirm this version fixes the filters/ auto-playlists - you will need to manually edit any that you saved using v3 to correct the Comparison element

Yep, that sorted it. Thanks again for these quick fixes.
I can confirm both filters and auto playlists are functioning even after restarting the app.
There is one tiny little glitch however, the tickbox that indicates which filter is activated (right click menu) is not being updated.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Skin errors reported earlier all working fine now.

A few minor placement issues:

1/  The RH grouping header (if used) is just a little too far to the right.

2/  When using the wavebar and spectrum in right sidebar, when placed at top both display correctly

but when placed at the bottom, last selected item is cut off

Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:49:28 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Lookin' good, Steven.  The issues that I presented are resolved.  Auto-playlists and filters are as expected.  Album art view was resolved earlier today.  Fortunately, I made no edits to the filters or playlists so everything is as I last saw it from 2.5.  

Thank you Steven.  I guess it's a good thing you had nothing else to do today.  :)
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:22:12 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki