Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233508 times)

hiccup

Alumni

I can confirm this behavior.  The list of filters shows in the left panel, yet criteria within the filter definition is gone.  I selected my Classical filter and I'm shown -all- my music.

It looks like the same thing is happening with smart playlists.
I created a new smart playlist and when I restarted MusicBee the filter rules were blank.
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:11:52 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
The filters are still present, but the rules contained within are missing.
that is very strange. Can you confirm that using v2.5 the filters still work

also, everyone, please hold off on reporting skin issues. I will look at skinning seriously later and now is too early

hiccup

Trying to perform a file rescan, right-clicking an album in main panel from artwork view.

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5756.39780 (Win10.0), 6 okt 2015 16:16:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qUp$oFC_HW2TzmeSWQPC5xR3kZdlcSwCX0D8CUu3tZo0=.#=qb3KenEfabcRnxGSxWiKerDFNDouCEwAgKrpodB$Pwa4=.#=q69duP_FJ3pBAgk5dYQLQZg==(IList`1 #=qGKkZrTgPgWmkPJbwTBjnBg==, TagCode #=qA2mjra3AkllvrKkXUO8NjQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qUp$oFC_HW2TzmeSWQPC5xR3kZdlcSwCX0D8CUu3tZo0=.#=qcek$A2VhnuhlSRQr3u81jg==(IList`1 #=qBW4QfImybZ8ZLWl04doc3Q==, TagCode #=qXrvXOxXtXuoqQ11y8IypAw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qGCTzK0HaYAo_vT1UbHZzVQ==(IList`1 #=q7$HXlINIcHeY9S8jjhOxkw==, TagCode #=qFpTCDiWgr3kVZIgFhEwWww==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qEQRKxiSQssYHHMkouGsGcLQsrW$fLu142PPtxec$CmM=(IList`1 #=qVql$S9JF4M$sGjc1kuSLAg==, TagCode #=qqbq7KXG4xKKdq9lX$yW5QQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q1izwfi05IfHHKaZJJGiyjA==.#=quJ0987stFocx9C4CnT_UNzc1qiJVZ8in4oQ5EDBrpqU=(#=qF1hd1545nnFZe2lU0JmaGA== #=qOZr93L6yBp9IPZ1vA2LUAQ==, Boolean #=qM5UHarjguWZZ0F9s321ruVw9IAL_S1GdB96J9W8tIdE=)
   at #=qwV6VMYn_x5i7MXsRnrXB3nGXG14fPI6BOztF0j7VQK4=.#=qF1hd1545nnFZe2lU0JmaGA==.#=qZXTWbDen4m_k8Or4cPG6rdoidNmk8J0AdkvCGLcPT$4=()

Alumni

Yep, in 2.5 everything is fine.

Edit: I just noticed that external programs (under 'Tools') are forgotten after a restart.
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:21:54 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
@phred & Alumni,
could you run this version - it will write info to the error log
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9r0ha8iiyt9bgc0/MusicBee3Debug.zip
unzip and replace musicbee3.exe
first could you reproduce the issue where no artwork displays and as soon as that happens get the entries at the end of the error log
then select a filter and see if there any new error log entries for that. But its important i know at what point in the log is when no artwork displayed

Steven

• Administrator
- track text pane misses gradient from original
- library/playing details are below the player pane
- transparency for top corners don't work
the top corners are square intended for windows 10 - i will probably put back the corner rounding but havent decided yet
where you have the "?" in the screenshot, can you confirm you moved the status bar from above the player to below the player? If so then i cant reproduce any issues so if you can provide some steps as well it might help

Alumni

@phred & Alumni,
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9r0ha8iiyt9bgc0/MusicBee3Debug.zip
unzip and replace musicbee3.exe
first could you reproduce the issue where no artwork displays and as soon as that happens get the entries at the end of the error log
then select a filter and see if there any new error log entries for that. But its important i know at what point in the log is when no artwork displayed

Ok, here's the log. What I did was: enable the left panel, navigate to a playlist, then navigate back to the music library.

~~~
edit: log edited
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:56:19 PM by Steven

hiccup

where you have the "?" in the screenshot, can you confirm you moved the status bar from above the player to below the player? If so then i cant reproduce any issues so if you can provide some steps as well it might help

I am not sure I understand.
Do you mean there is an option to set the status bar above or below the player?
If there is, I can't find it?

edit last second before posting:
Ah, I found it, you can drag and move it in the preferences panel!
Lots of new discoveries :-)

hiccup

I find that custom and virtual tags are not showing as expected.
Is that intentional for this alpha version, to prevent changes to your actual library?

I wouldn't mind, I created a dedicated portable install for testing v3, with it's own library.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred & Alumni,
---
Here's my error log from the debug version.  Opened MB in Albums view, switched to Details, and then back to Albums.  Artwork not showing; copied error log:
edit: log removed
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:39:55 PM by Steven
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
The filters are still present, but the rules contained within are missing.
Confirmed working as always in 2.5

Filter in 2.5:

Same filter in 3.x:

Forgot to mention that this issue is with auto-playlists.
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:01:55 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Alumni

There doesn't appear to be any errors in the log regarding the library filters, after reproducing the issue.

phred

• Global Moderator
Has anyone mentioned empty playlist criteria?  All my playlists have reverted back to the default criteria.  While the playlist name shows in the left panel, selecting one brings up my entire library.  The behavior is the same as, or very similar to, the filters issue.
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:12:21 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki