Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248681 times)

hiccup

I just dont think your requirement would be very common

Fair enough.
F.y.i., why I use toggle playing/selected quite often:
When setup to your own liking, the current detailed view tab is very nice to quickly see all kind of relevant details about a track, in a format that doesn't change as much as your main panel layout usually does.
This is handy feature for maintaining your library while something else is playing.

scartez

I cannot open the demo for version 3.0.  I'm getting this error:

05/10/2015 17:56:22 - Unable to load element: -663114390 - Parâmetro inválido.
05/10/2015 17:56:22 - Unable to load element: 1513069963 - Parâmetro inválido.
05/10/2015 17:56:22 - Unable to load element: -766100460 - Parâmetro inválido.
05/10/2015 17:56:23 - 6.0.6002.131072 - 3.0.5755.40294 - System.TypeInitializationException: O inicializador de tipo de '#=qkGKx5EIadV9cEV2qC3L8Y8V3ArSGBEcAtLIWGIw4gnY=' acionou uma exceção. ---> System.ArgumentException: Parâmetro inválido.
   em System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   em System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle destRect, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY, Int32 srcWidth, Int32 srcHeight, GraphicsUnit srcUnit, ImageAttributes imageAttrs, DrawImageAbort callback, IntPtr callbackData)
   em System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle destRect, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY, Int32 srcWidth, Int32 srcHeight, GraphicsUnit srcUnit, ImageAttributes imageAttr)
   em #=qkGKx5EIadV9cEV2qC3L8Y8V3ArSGBEcAtLIWGIw4gnY=.#=qETnU6K1f3nBVVfgO9s0xkg==(Bitmap #=qHvVMd7a3q2LLrcjRoaE6XQ==, Size #=qLipOL05ZX4r2L9X3H$OEdg==)
   em #=qkGKx5EIadV9cEV2qC3L8Y8V3ArSGBEcAtLIWGIw4gnY=..cctor()
   --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
   em #=qkGKx5EIadV9cEV2qC3L8Y8V3ArSGBEcAtLIWGIw4gnY=..ctor(Boolean #=qqn6ep1$S_y$yIaKYxX_0dQ==, Boolean #=qWHInNsd_Qn8Ng1h6MIojBa8Qn1Kyqnbnh3TX6sn8aaU=)
   em MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   em MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qEXWBlRsOGbQs7wByxx06sw==(String[] #=qXIchq33iytS7ntX5eWEY0A==)

Anybody can help me?

Alexis

Can anyone verify that the size of the scroll bars are to be as wide as shown in the image below please?  I had my scroll-bars customized before upgrading to windows 10, so I am just curious.   If so, they are quite .. err..large, distracting... meaty?

The size would not be evident in the default skin because the background blends in.

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
Can anyone verify that the size of the scroll bars are to be as wide as shown in the image below please?  I had my scroll-bars customized before upgrading to windows 10, so I am just curious.   If so, they are quite .. err..large, distracting... meaty?
i guess you didnt see my post from yesterday - i havent really looked at skins yet and i am aware that the metro skins (or derivations from those skins) have an issue with the scrollbars. The reason is because the metro skins are setting the transparency byte on the color eg. 40,100,100,100 where 40 is the transparency. Infact you will be able to control the width of scrollbars from your skin when i make the skin element available

Alexis

I apologize Steven.. yeah, I overlooked that. 

'...[being] able to control the width of scrollbars from your skin"  THAT is simply Awesome!  Thank you!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure whether it's worth reporting bugs with this early build
yes please do

all the reported bugs should be fixed now:
- vertical column browser not displaying on restart
- custom tag column header text
- player/main menu below caption bar overlap
- ASIO output not being restored on restart
- blurry expanded panel artwork
- tag inspector resizing
- windows skin crash (scrollbars not working though)

I will post an updated version later

this has the above fixes:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

hiccup

The reason is because the metro skins are setting the transparency byte on the color eg. 40,100,100,100 where 40 is the transparency.

Just f.y.i.,
I also see this with my Tron Punk skin, which I am pretty sure has no transparency on the scroll-bars.
Not a big problem for me, since I will probably be able to adjust all my skins where needed later on, but that will not be the case for many other existing skins that are no longer maintained.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not a big problem for me, since I will probably be able to adjust all my skins where needed later on, but that will not be the case for many other existing skins that are no longer maintained.

My understanding was that this new version would be a bit of a reset for skins, giving emphasis to easier future skinning rather than backwards compatibility.  Is that still the plan?  (I hope so)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I have noticed that a couple of my skins won't load in V3
Bee78 - a bitmap skin - gives this error:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5756.39780 (Win10.0), 6 Oct 2015 8:38:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qUxuy67oi8i9K_GnouCiNh0UklPzIvA07NZyBe8yF6iA=._Lambda$__1()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=q9fBwGFETvWrovXpwoEDVKtjZzMALgk3of9oP3nlmZTk=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qgR09L8cxJb4HAgDFSkuZqQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qinPUpNPVr5nRty9sLRNK_g==(PaintEventArgs #=qfX$G6il4CxJ0gyJq0haLYA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qIiPgzY37n2TmK0DF0W94_BUdr4TYSPTjpAnTKKXh8Cc=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=quNQJ3cu7LrvhO$Zo4bX$Lw==)
   at #=qPLvW1aqo7CJ1M3GCRfQ3kQ==.#=q7gMl_ulI$I3w21Ur$AEDZA==.#=qiOfheyw4zXdBcdHYMIeqzg==(Graphics #=qeCZLWZu_EImfMOwDS_bgbw==, #=qey40RRpsSt7Aw07jcIyjIvjyL$KnXSnelF_2S34nSIE= #=qhjUWlZwSJ9QDMQDTB92KCg==, Rectangle #=qUfNKztnVvbS7_jSmTH_VLg==, Rectangle #=qMwPQ_YFiIX45DnEoFoCzUQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qdPkWtqSU4lOUCoO7iir6CA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=.WndProc(Message& #=q9LFbHLDBMEwXrRCGytWEgQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qq2iMb49Ik$fY__MPyi$doA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and my Arsenic skin - a standard skin - gives the same error:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5756.39780 (Win10.0), 6 Oct 2015 8:43:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qUxuy67oi8i9K_GnouCiNh0UklPzIvA07NZyBe8yF6iA=._Lambda$__1()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=q9fBwGFETvWrovXpwoEDVKtjZzMALgk3of9oP3nlmZTk=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qgR09L8cxJb4HAgDFSkuZqQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qinPUpNPVr5nRty9sLRNK_g==(PaintEventArgs #=qfX$G6il4CxJ0gyJq0haLYA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qIiPgzY37n2TmK0DF0W94_BUdr4TYSPTjpAnTKKXh8Cc=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=quNQJ3cu7LrvhO$Zo4bX$Lw==)
   at #=qPLvW1aqo7CJ1M3GCRfQ3kQ==.#=q7gMl_ulI$I3w21Ur$AEDZA==.#=qiOfheyw4zXdBcdHYMIeqzg==(Graphics #=qeCZLWZu_EImfMOwDS_bgbw==, #=qey40RRpsSt7Aw07jcIyjIvjyL$KnXSnelF_2S34nSIE= #=qhjUWlZwSJ9QDMQDTB92KCg==, Rectangle #=qUfNKztnVvbS7_jSmTH_VLg==, Rectangle #=qMwPQ_YFiIX45DnEoFoCzUQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qdPkWtqSU4lOUCoO7iir6CA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=.WndProc(Message& #=q9LFbHLDBMEwXrRCGytWEgQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qq2iMb49Ik$fY__MPyi$doA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Steven.
The two issues I reported yesterday
- custom tag column header text
- player/main menu below caption bar overlap
are indeed fixed with this latest version.

However, I'm not seeing any artwork in Artwork View.  I started with a skinned version and then switched to the MB3 default skin.  I just closed and relaunched MB3 again and there was a brief flash of the artwork displayed before it went to this:

EDIT:  Albums & Tracks view, Track Details view, and the Now Playing artwork appear as expected.
Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:53:23 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Skins I have found that give the same error as in my previous post:
  • Graffiti
  • Mood Indigo
  • Over Yonder
  • Dark Energy
  • Midnight Metro
  • Spill The Wine
  • Golden Path
  • Wing-ated
  • CalciumMETRO
  • Comet
  • Metro Charcoal

All dependent skins no longer work. Only the base skin loads.
Opening other skins result in error:

Code
06/10/2015 10:14:21 - Unable to load dependency: Crimson - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MusicBee\Skins\Dark-Fine Tuned\Crimson'.
06/10/2015 10:14:22 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5756.39780 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.TextureBrush..ctor(Image image, WrapMode wrapMode)
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=..ctor(Boolean #=qgxH06CMw0WvelJ8i9Rck8A==, Boolean #=qshS0JT8a6kVM2GLCjo0XaseIqIYEWTjY2WD6KAOVVGM=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q3p$NkvmzHI$STYed2onGzg==(String[] #=q2X$dhpiibORQK9yXtsgN3w==)

WMP12 skin causes this error:

Code
06/10/2015 08:59:17 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5756.39780 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qSq4c3RcDQhaFJFF0qlGlRNqQLsM$Jt2MMw8OMf9TSz0=..ctor(Boolean #=qgxH06CMw0WvelJ8i9Rck8A==, Boolean #=qshS0JT8a6kVM2GLCjo0XaseIqIYEWTjY2WD6KAOVVGM=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q3p$NkvmzHI$STYed2onGzg==(String[] #=q2X$dhpiibORQK9yXtsgN3w==)

Any error pertaining to -

Code

- results in having to edit "GUI_Skin" setting in "MusicBee3SettingsDemo.ini" to get MB3 working again.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
However, I'm not seeing any artwork in Artwork View.  I started with a skinned version and then switched to the MB3 default skin.  I just closed and relaunched MB3 again and there was a brief flash of the artwork displayed before it went to this:
can you send me your settings (help/ support/ view settings)

Alumni

all the reported bugs should be fixed now:

Cool, that did the trick. Thanks.

Am I the only one having difficulties with the album cover view? Sometimes when I navigate away from it the entire main panel contents disappear. In the mean time I found a way to refresh it - by opening up "customize panel" and clicking save.

By the way, "search specific fields" in the search bar doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

Steven

• Administrator
By the way, "search specific fields" in the search bar doesn't appear to be working at the moment.
phred reported something similar. Can you PM me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and a set of steps to make it happen

Alumni

phred reported something similar. Can you PM me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and a set of steps to make it happen

Ok, sent.

To reproduce: From the drop down menu in search, select "search specific fields", then "set displayed fields", drag and drop "artist" and "album artist" to the right panel and close. When searching for a specific artist, unrelated items are also shown in the results.