Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233024 times)

flight16

psychoadept, I didn't.  Somehow I managed to miss them twice.  It's now working.  Thank you.

Is vertical mode for column browser working?  It appears to work in horizontal mode but the panel is completely missing when I set it to vertical mode.  I took some screenshots to upload but I don't see any way to attach them.

Steven

• Administrator
Custom tags are showing as "Custom#" instead of what I have assigned as the display name:
i can reproduce this but the other problem with the player control when displayed at the top is fine for me except when the menu bar is displayed below the caption bar - is that the case for you?

Steven

• Administrator
When opening Tag Inspector, the columns on the left are too small, and there's a lot of empty space on the right.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Is vertical mode for column browser working?  It appears to work in horizontal mode but the panel is completely missing when I set it to vertical mode.  I took some screenshots to upload but I don't see any way to attach them.
dont worry - i can reproduce this. It doesnt save the vertical column browser setting on restart (nor i guess carries it accross from v2.5)

hiccup

I am sorry for repeating myself and bringing this up again, but I really would hate it if it will not be possible to have tabs anymore in the right panel.
This new proposal might look a little bit 'cleaner', but it hides some direct access possibilities, and adds an extra click.

Allow me to quote myself on a former proposal I have done earlier.
Looking at it again, I still believe this would be nice to have: (at least as an option)

I believe this also looks clean, and allows for direct, one-click access to these functions.

phred

• Global Moderator
Custom tags are showing as "Custom#" instead of what I have assigned as the display name:
i can reproduce this but the other problem with the player control when displayed at the top is fine for me except when the menu bar is displayed below the caption bar - is that the case for you?
Playing with the location now, I think the player control issue is more related to the location of the main menu within the header bar.  The screen shot showed the main menu set to 'show below caption bar.'  My test now put the main menu to 'show in caption bar.'  And that displays as expected.  So 'below caption bar' is the issue.  Please let me know if you need a screen of the settings.

Just as an aside - can we have -both- versions of MB open at the same time?  Not for tag editing or playing purposes, but to compare layouts?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I am sorry for repeating myself and bringing this up again, but I really would hate it if it will not be possible to have tabs anymore in the right panel.
This new proposal might look a little bit 'cleaner', but it hides some direct access possibilities, and adds an extra click.

+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

If the slighter bigger panel size would allow it, maybe two columns side by side would gave that settings panel some well needed extra space?

from this mock-up, the panel size would be 840x760
(originally it is 797x727)

edit,
added a side by side comparison:

Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:44:23 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
If the slighter bigger panel size would allow it, maybe two columns side by side would gave that settings panel some well needed extra space?
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

And from that same panel;

Currently when you drag an item from 'available elements' to an available position, it disappears from the 'available elements' pane.
I would prefer it if all those elements would keep their positions, but only would be greyed out when already placed somewhere, and not available anymore for another location.
That would give a less nervous and permanent overview of available elements, and indicate which ones are already in use somewhere.

Alumni

Thanks for the demo, I'm really impressed by the changes you've made.

Not sure whether it's worth reporting bugs with this early build, but here's a couple I noticed;
Audio mixer always defaults to Direct Sound after restarting the app.
Album covers in the expanded menu are all low resolution/blurry.

Steven

• Administrator
Just as an aside - can we have -both- versions of MB open at the same time?  Not for tag editing or playing purposes, but to compare layouts?
yes that should be fine as long as you dont update anything from the v3 instance

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure whether it's worth reporting bugs with this early build
yes please do

all the reported bugs should be fixed now:
- vertical column browser not displaying on restart
- custom tag column header text
- player/main menu below caption bar overlap
- ASIO output not being restored on restart
- blurry expanded panel artwork
- tag inspector resizing
- windows skin crash (scrollbars not working though)

I will post an updated version later

Steven

• Administrator
In the version from yesterday you can left button click at least 20px to the right of the selector and it will toggle the displayed panel.
I just dont think your requirement would be very common, however i do understand if you do switch panels a lot the extra click would be annoying.
I might add a preference to "stack" using tabs