Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233511 times)

hiccup

Are there specific area's that you would appreciate (or not appreciate) comments on at this moment in time?
Or is it already time to fire at will?

Steven

• Administrator
feel free to make any comments. In likelyhood i wont change anything until i am closer to completion of the planned changes and also it will give more time for other feedback

hiccup

Then allow me to kick-off with a comment on this config panel:

1. This panel doesn't remember it's last position.
2. The fact that the left pane of this panel needs a scroll bar is not very elegant.
3. Some strange capitalizations.
4. The word 'stack...'is cut off.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Just had a quick look:

8px border in unskinned Windows 10 really looks wrong when compared to other Windows 10 windows.  Depending on what accent colour is being picked by Win 10, you can get some very ugly contrasts between the border and the skin.

All skins removed except 'MusicBee3' skin but 'Windows Theme' option is still available.  Selecting it gives this error:

Code
05/10/2015 07:44:40 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5755.38014 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qk8lcIXqHo1vBxzT404WToVthRD$ykngzTzX6te7RIl4=' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.TextureBrush..ctor(Image image, WrapMode wrapMode)
   at #=qk8lcIXqHo1vBxzT404WToVthRD$ykngzTzX6te7RIl4=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qk8lcIXqHo1vBxzT404WToVthRD$ykngzTzX6te7RIl4=..ctor(Boolean #=qcUleOp_isL_Jy7p6yJHCGQ==, Boolean #=qicZ2$ZlC4kJ6YUjVxQXPd5MfDkzDD10oebpm53PnJSk=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qd4RmzlD_LlEd_BQR_9QCQw==(String[] #=qSfSf9BgfXA9HTPhdQ06mvg==)

Have to manually edit .ini to get MB3 to start again after that.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
8px border in unskinned Windows 10 really looks wrong when compared to other Windows 10 windows.  Depending on what accent colour is being picked by Win 10, you can get some very ugly contrasts between the border and the skin.
yes i know - windows 10 handling is still on the todo list - see the end of my last post on this topic for all the things i am planning

for the skins in general, i am aware there are some display issues eg. scroll bars with the metro skins. I havent really spent any time as yet on skinning so there are likely to be other issues as well. I am thinking some new override elements will be needed because panels can be flexibly arranged so it might be better to have color overridess set for "left sidebar", "left main panel", etc that aapply to any element placed in that section and generally the skins would probably work better if there is little variation between the panels
Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:24:24 PM by Steven

Sofocl

2. The fact that the left pane of this panel needs a scroll bar is not very elegant.
+1
Sorry for my bad English.

hiccup

About this same panel;
Suppose I would want to set a floating Lyrics panel.
I haven't been able to accomplish that from this panel. I can't 'activate' the floating panel, I cannot drag 'lyrics' to the 'floating window' icon. Irrespectively ?if 'lyrics' is un-ticked on the right side of the panel, or it has a place on the left side on the panel.

To be honest, the functioning of that whole panel feels rather confusing to me.
Maybe I just need some more time learning it and getting the feel of it.
I'll give it some more time and effort, and then see if I can come up with some sensible suggestions and constructive feedback and/or proposals on it. But I am pretty sure it can and should be more intuitive then it is currently.

Steven

• Administrator
the floating panel is not implemented yet so is temporarily disabled in this panel

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
yes i know - windows 10 handling is still on the todo list - see the end of my last post on this topic for all the things i am planning

OK.  
The only reason I mentioned it was I would have sworn before your edit, that the Windows 10 border bit was in the main part of your post, not in the to-do section.
I know it's early on a holiday Monday here, but...  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

for the skins in general, i am aware there are some display issues

Would it be an idea to start a dedicated topic in the skin developers area about skin- and other visual issues concerning v3.0 / Windows10?
That would provide a much better separation between postings and requests about functionality, versus visuals of v3.0

hiccup

When opening Tag Inspector, the columns on the left are too small, and there's a lot of empty space on the right.
(But as soon as you drag a corner it adjusts and corrects immediately)

flight16

Downloaded the demo from the latest link and got this:

2015-10-05 10:07:33 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5755.40294 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\flight16\Downloads\MusicBeeDemo(1)\Configuration.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at #=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=..cctor()
   at #=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=.#=qDMRG4mOmT4$jYD$xIbDedA==()
   at #=qAPJuqTvZXmFcLWPPNDUINwOIOHdLlGzblEDAwKVEp$0=.#=qatbcZcK3aM2gw$CmXwkGkw==(#=qv0A9kVWPKbIzGrxdyt7nXjQZGKVlp7oitJgFCL4ISK8= #=qvkG0oNsDGj3UVPnLzTbuAA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qEXWBlRsOGbQs7wByxx06sw==(String[] #=qXIchq33iytS7ntX5eWEY0A==)

There is no Configuration.xml in my zip file.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Downloaded the demo from the latest link and got this:

2015-10-05 10:07:33 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5755.40294 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\flight16\Downloads\MusicBeeDemo(1)\Configuration.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at #=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=..cctor()
   at #=qgb8MouXCM7sCwKIGcIo0zeNC89QjzomG$$_zycbYEIs=.#=qDMRG4mOmT4$jYD$xIbDedA==()
   at #=qAPJuqTvZXmFcLWPPNDUINwOIOHdLlGzblEDAwKVEp$0=.#=qatbcZcK3aM2gw$CmXwkGkw==(#=qv0A9kVWPKbIzGrxdyt7nXjQZGKVlp7oitJgFCL4ISK8= #=qvkG0oNsDGj3UVPnLzTbuAA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qEXWBlRsOGbQs7wByxx06sw==(String[] #=qXIchq33iytS7ntX5eWEY0A==)

There is no Configuration.xml in my zip file.

Did you follow the instruction to put the .exe in your MusicBee installation folder?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Custom tags are showing as "Custom#" instead of what I have assigned as the display name:
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Player controls and wavebar, when set to display in the Top Panel, do not display properly:
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here