Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233114 times)

Ghosthree3

Hate to sound like one of those people that just bitch about changes but I'd really like to know if we're going to be able to continue to have it look the way it does now? I'm very happy with it how it is and to be honest. I'm sure the new look will be great, but it's not for me.
Yes.
Fantastic, thanks.

ankor

That's because it's hard to improve on near perfection  ;D

hiccup

This is a wish for a possible extension for skinning the player controls.
I would like it if it was possible to be able to have the current playing/pused/stopped status displayed in the control buttons so something like this could become possible:

phred

• Global Moderator
I would like it if it was possible to be able to have the current playing/pused/stopped status displayed in the control buttons so something like this could become possible:
+1
Except I'd rather see the layout of the buttons like so:
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

+1

This is more a 'skinning' wish, not a wish to change existing, or the default skins.
So it would be completely up to the person creating his/her skin to use it or not, or locate it anyway he wants to.
If this wish is granted, remind me to adjust one of my skins to your wishes sir phred.

edit, teaser for phred added.

Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:58:21 PM by hiccup

9ido

But please do keep the pause/play button as default. It's an elegant solution.  ;)

hiccup

But please do keep the pause/play button as default. It's an elegant solution.  ;)

With this feature an option would also be to keep the same play/stop button, but just add an indicator to it to show if a track is playing, paused or stopped.
Again, before anybody gets nervous, this request would only be affecting skin creators giving them extra options.

phred

• Global Moderator
+1

This is more a 'skinning' wish, not a wish to change existing, or the default skins.
So it would be completely up to the person creating his/her skin to use it or not, or locate it anyway he wants to.
If this wish is granted, remind me to adjust one of my skins to your wishes sir phred.
WOW!!! I've been knighted!
I'll try to remember to remind you when it comes time.  Thanks for the personal service.   :)

edit, teaser for phred added.

Excellent!!!

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

vpsaxman

Great idea! However the color red is often associated with recording, so I'm not sure that'd be the most appropriate color for the STOP button.

phred

• Global Moderator

Great idea! However the color red is often associated with recording, so I'm not sure that'd be the most appropriate color for the STOP button.
Since MB  can't record, I don't think that's going to be a problem.  And red is certainly associated with 'stop.'

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Since MB  can't record, I don't think that's going to be a problem.  And red is certainly associated with 'stop.'

Again:

This is only a quick mock-up to visualize a feature to be used by skin creators, who will be able to use this feature with their own buttons, colors, positions etc. (or not)
This has nothing to do with how current skins will look or function, and they will not be affected.
So even how much I really appreciate the attention and support for the general idea, discussing the looks and colors of this mock-up is of no value.

You could argue this request should have been posted in the skin developers topic and not here, but I thought it might be something that Steven would like to know before releasing v3.0 while development is still in progress.
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:23:00 PM by hiccup

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
i have mostly completed updating the existing MB functionality to use v3 infrastructure and starting to look at implementing the new v3 functionality.
There is a demo version that is available a few pages back. I will update that over the next few weeks but for now i am posting what i am planning to do with the "Now Playing" panel and the "Compact Player".
Please feel free to comment, even negatively - i will consider all comments but no guarantees i will implement them.
The "Now Playing" panel hasnt changed much since the demo version
http://getmusicbee.com/images/forum/NowPlayingV3.jpg

For the Compact Player i am planning to simplfy the number of layout configurations where it will support 2 types of configuration for the player
1: the player/ track info displays on a solid black background. If the visualiser is enabled, it displays in that bar (see the screenshot below) and if you mouse over the bar, the player controls display (like done with the mini-player). The progress bar could also be configured to display as a wave-bar. The right side can be set to overlay onto the background picture or a solid background/ not display/ show lyrics etc
2: the player/ track details displays onto the background picture in the same style as done by endeavour1934's xbox music theater mode plugin or redwing's rdio-style

http://getmusicbee.com/images/forum/CompactPlayerV3.jpg

Will it be able to have album cover instead of artist pictures in the background? Because some of us have huge high quality album covers and want to see them in full glory.

Steven

• Administrator
Will it be able to have album cover instead of artist pictures in the background? Because some of us have huge high quality album covers and want to see them in full glory.
yes, thats already in the old demo version

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
For the Compact Player i am planning to simplfy the number of layout configurations where it will support 2 types of configuration for the player
1: the player/ track info displays on a solid black background. If the visualiser is enabled, it displays in that bar (see the screenshot below) and if you mouse over the bar, the player controls display (like done with the mini-player). The progress bar could also be configured to display as a wave-bar. The right side can be set to overlay onto the background picture or a solid background/ not display/ show lyrics etc

Keeping the option to overlay the visualiser on to the image, as is currently done, would be my only change for this.

_oOo_

Will there be an adjustment to a single pixel border for Windows 10 using non-skinned borders?

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Keeping the option to overlay the visualiser on to the image, as is currently done, would be my only change for this.
i should be able to post a demo version of the Now Playing panel and Compact Player on the weekend - for myself, i am quite happy with how its been done now but lets see what everyone else thinks!
thanks for reminding me about the single border. Its not been done yet but i will do that
Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:26:11 PM by Steven