Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233747 times)

electro

I don't know if this was already implemented on MB3, but anyway...

Regarding the Now Playing and Playing Track panels: I hope they will stay in the same place all the time. On the current version (2.4) I don't like this thing:

When I browse the library, on the right side there is Now Playing and under it, Playing Track. But when I select Now Playing playlist, the Now Playing panel is moved on the main panel and the Playing Track is moved on top. This change is annoying and not consistent. Instead moving that Now Playing panel, better add some visualisation/artist pics/etc. in the main panel (like in this mockup made by endeavour1934) and keep those right panels in their place all the time.

Also I'd like an option to switch the places of Now Playing and Playing Track panels.

Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:55:44 PM by electro

Sofocl

+1

Also I'd like an option to switch the places of Now Playing and Playing Track panels.

Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
@Sofocl, @electro,
i suggest you both check out the v3 demo from a few posts before. Its not exactly what you ask for re: the Now Playing panel altough its still being looked at and i will be making further changes

electro

@Sofocl, @electro,
i suggest you both check out the v3 demo from a few posts before. Its not exactly what you ask for re: the Now Playing panel altough its still being looked at and i will be making further changes
I tried to run that v3 demo, but I've got an error: http://pastebin.com/RmjqQzQ3

It simply doesn't start. (By the way, I edited the path to my library in StartupSettings.ini).

Could you post some screenshots with the latest layout of v3 (at least for library view and now playing view)?
Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:15:08 PM by electro

Arathon

I tried to run that v3 demo, but I've got an error: http://pastebin.com/RmjqQzQ3

It simply doesn't start. (By the way, I edited the path to my library in StartupSettings.ini).

Could you post some screenshots with the latest layout of v3 (at least for library view and now playing view)?

I had the same problem and i resolved by copying the folder "Library" into the new set-up. After this everything worked.

chainyk

phred

• Global Moderator
when it's going to be released ? (beta )
It's taking Steven longer than he thought it would.  But he's very happy with the results so far.  If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll find a version you can play with.  It's a couple of pages in.  Followed by an update a few pages after that.  Just be sure to follow Steven's instructions for installing and setting up.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chainyk

i mean beta not limited preview, but anyway thx.

Steven

• Administrator
i am reluctant to give dates any more as its taking much longer than i expected just to upgrade the existing musicbee dialogs/ settings etc which is almost done now.
It will probably be 2 months+ before a solid beta is ready but i will probably post some more alpha releases for feedback before then

RealPetChicken

i am reluctant to give dates any more as its taking much longer than i expected just to upgrade the existing musicbee dialogs/ settings etc which is almost done now.
It will probably be 2 months+ before a solid beta is ready but i will probably post some more alpha releases for feedback before then

You are the man, thank you for all the hard work on this great application, switched from mediamonkey to musicbee and never looked back.

settra

hey guys ! i really like the new version so far !

do you think that it will be easy to implement , the ability to set custom size for A-Z jumplist?? becouse this would make it more touch friendly and improve the user experience with touch (in my opinion)!!

Steven

• Administrator
i have mostly completed updating the existing MB functionality to use v3 infrastructure and starting to look at implementing the new v3 functionality.
There is a demo version that is available a few pages back. I will update that over the next few weeks but for now i am posting what i am planning to do with the "Now Playing" panel and the "Compact Player".
Please feel free to comment, even negatively - i will consider all comments but no guarantees i will implement them.
The "Now Playing" panel hasnt changed much since the demo version

For the Compact Player i am planning to simplfy the number of layout configurations where it will support 2 types of configuration for the player
1: the player/ track info displays on a solid black background. If the visualiser is enabled, it displays in that bar (see the screenshot below) and if you mouse over the bar, the player controls display (like done with the mini-player). The progress bar could also be configured to display as a wave-bar. The right side can be set to overlay onto the background picture or a solid background/ not display/ show lyrics etc
2: the player/ track details displays onto the background picture in the same style as done by endeavour1934's xbox music theater mode plugin or redwing's rdio-style

electro

It looks nice. I hope that it can be configured. This seems like an album mode, but what about different songs by different artists? I could live without track number and track time in that panel to make room for artist name.

Also, I'd make that semi-transparent panel on the right even less transparent (to make the text more readable) and I'd reduce the font size and the spacing between rows a bit. Plus, I hope that you implement a hotkey for the Now Playing page.

Ghosthree3

Hate to sound like one of those people that just bitch about changes but I'd really like to know if we're going to be able to continue to have it look the way it does now? I'm very happy with it how it is and to be honest. I'm sure the new look will be great, but it's not for me.

vpsaxman

Hate to sound like one of those people that just bitch about changes but I'd really like to know if we're going to be able to continue to have it look the way it does now? I'm very happy with it how it is and to be honest. I'm sure the new look will be great, but it's not for me.
Yes.