Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233372 times)

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed
Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:31:17 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
When you click on "read more" button to read the full artist profile from Music Explorer tab, the popup window has no scroll bar, only showing part of it. Try Coldplay.
this is implemented now
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

theG

I'm just starting toying with the v3 version. If I can tell my preferences about, I'd say that the new buttons for Repeat / Repeat once, and for Shuffle on off, in the lower right part, are a little bit too abstract, not so intuitive.

I agree. I have installed MusicBee at my friend's pub and the staff can never figure it out. I always have to remote desktop connect to activate Shuffle.

Alumni

i can reproduce file rescan and scan on restart not loading the new artwork into the artwork cache and is fixed for the next v3 patch update

Confirmed fixed, thanks.

@Alumni, i cant reproduce any incorrect behavior with tab pinning/ navigation lock. Were you trying to navigator between a library filter and a playlist with partial navigation enabled as redwing is explaining?

That's ok then, I misunderstood the wording of "allow playlists and filters".

sleepless

I can't get the tracks to sort by title in Album Covers or Artists views. Everything sorts fine in the other views. So when I sort using Album>Title, the titles are all in a random order. Using the same sort setting with Tracks or A&T views, the titles are all sorted alphabetically within the albums. I don't know if there could be a setting that's causing this?

The only way I can get the titles to organize correctly is to:
-select 'Show the tracks at the bottom of the main panel'
-click on 'Title' in the fields header

However if I re-select viewing tracks in the expanded panel, the titles are immediately displayed randomly again.

sleepless

I'll bring this up once more, as a previous attempt didn't get a reply, so I'm unsure if this is intentional or not.

When enabling the album collapse/expand feature for Album&Tracks view, the sub-headings dissappear. This is especially unfortunate when viewing audiobooks, which often contain 50+ tracks. Usually audiobooks are divided into multiple discs, which are nice to have displayed as a sub-heading. Having them all expanded requires a lot of scrolling.

redwing

when I sort using Album>Title, the titles are all in a random order.

Probably it's not a random order but disc-track# sorting, right? I think that's how artwork views are designed: always sorted by disc-track# inside each album.

sleepless

That's the thing. These albums do not have track numbers. Each track consists of a title in the format [yyyy-mm-dd. Title]. They are a large collection of lectures and seminars which I have stored with my audiobooks.

I suppose I could assign disc/track numbers to all of them if I have to. Is there a reason why the artwork views would ignore the custom selected sort options? I don't understand why the behavior would be different for those views.

Steven

• Administrator
That's the thing. These albums do not have track numbers. Each track consists of a title in the format [yyyy-mm-dd. Title]. They are a large collection of lectures and seminars which I have stored with my audiobooks.
there used to be handling for that but it seems somewhere in v2.5 it was made ineffective. Its addressed for the next v3 patch update

sleepless

there used to be handling for that but it seems somewhere in v2.5 it was made ineffective. Its addressed for the next v3 patch update

All good now, thanks.

Xenatier

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to have the column browser displaying different fields in different tabs instead of having the same field/fields displayed throughout every tab? For example the column browser displaying artists in one tab and genres in another.

redwing

Often lyrics tab of tag editor looks like this.

But I don't know how to reproduce it. If I relaunch MB, it looks OK.

redwing

I had problem searching album covers as it took so long. Turned out fanart.com was the culprit. They might have some issue with their servers.
But my point is about MB's handling of artwork providers. If I place fanart.com as the first provider, sometimes the artwork popup window shows up several minutes later. But if I place the site any position other than the first, then the popup immediately shows up and I can see fanart takes a lot downloading the cover. Why can't it pop up the window immediately when it's placed first? It can happen with any provider.